I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by AmriloJim »

JSStryker

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by JSStryker »

Shelly obviously Tina is sick repeating that she can't get sick isn't going to make it so.
Vive la weird!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Ear-ache my eye!"
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Tina is so sick she gained a southern accent?
Tina wrote:I'm burred in blankets
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Ginkage

Post by Ginkage »

I'm suddenly reminded of the ads I heard on the radio this weekend for stroke awareness.

One woman keeps asking the other how they are, then what's wrong, then 'something's not right!', and 'are you sick?'.

Meanwhile the other woman's voice keeps sadly repeating over and over 'I'm having a stroke...' (with the caveat that it's the woman's internal voice since she can't speak)

Time to clue in Shelly: Shit happens. :P
Snarky McSnarkypants of Greater Snarkville who is Snarkmaster General for the US Snark Office.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Something has changed drastically in Tina's situation. Time to call in Doctor Phix to diagnose what's going on.

Doctor Phix, Paging Doctor Phix, you're needed at Tina's house, STAT!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

OK, Tina can now get sick. The big question is does she have any antibodies at all? If not she needs every vaccine you can think of quick, and can still expect the next couple of years to be miserable while her body goes through the 'normal childhood diseases'.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Like I keep telling people, those aren't Tina 2.0 or 2.1's eyes, perhaps we are seeing the debut of Tina 2.5 or 3.0? :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

DilyV wrote:Something has changed drastically in Tina's situation. Time to call in Doctor Phix to diagnose what's going on.

"Doctor Bombay! Doctor Bombay! You're needed here right away!"
Dave

Post by Dave »

My2Cents wrote:OK, Tina can now get sick. The big question is does she have any antibodies at all? If not she needs every vaccine you can think of quick, and can still expect the next couple of years to be miserable while her body goes through the 'normal childhood diseases'.
I wouldn't think that being (mostly) dead for a few hours, would have wiped out her body's existing immune system? As a (human) child, Tina was probably subjected to the usual set of vaccinations for whatever area she grew up in, and would certainly have been exposed to the common range of childhood diseases. I'd expect her to still have the antibodies and immunities from back then, just as if she hadn't been demonized.

Flu is a different matter, since it mutates so quickly.
kingklash wrote:
DilyV wrote:Something has changed drastically in Tina's situation. Time to call in Doctor Phix to diagnose what's going on.

"Doctor Bombay! Doctor Bombay! You're needed here right away!"
"Doctor Howard! Doctor Fine! Doctor Howard!"
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

You realize the line, "Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard." comes from the film Men in Black (1934)?
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:You realize the line, "Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard." comes from the film Men in Black (1934)?
Wow! :shock: I've seen that particular Three Stooges short any number of times during my lifetime, and didn't remember the name. Very appropriate!

I still remember the senior doctor / administrator of the hospital urgently telling the Stooges about the severely injured patients, and that "Radium is the only thing that can save them!" How times (and public perceptions) of the miracles of radioactivity have changed over the decades!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Get her a big bottle of whiskey, wont make the flu go away but in a hour she wont care
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Every time Tina shows up with a dead girl/rats driving the ship issue I keep flashing on
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
illiad

Post by illiad »

Hey I just thought.... :P Maybe the demon that keeps the blood supply flowing has gone out for shopping??? :)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Has Tina turned Pirate?? After all Shiver her timbers!!!

This is a sign of a very high fever. While the flu does include fever it cycles up and down and can be treated with aspirin. For some reason Tina does not have any to use, or hasn't thought of it. It is also possible this is not the flu. Could this heat be coming from the combination of the demons into a single entity? When things are forced together heat is often a by products of the process.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

oldmanmickey wrote:Get her a big bottle of whiskey, wont make the flu go away but in a hour she wont care
I don't think that'd be a good idea, having drunk demons roaming around in a flu-ridden body...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:Tina is so sick she gained a southern accent?
If you've ever been so cold you can't stop shivering you'd know that words slur together pretty badly. I had hypothermia once in the Army. Winter Survival Training... All I remember is waking up and not being able to stop shivering and the First Sergeant forcing me to drink hot coffee (which I can't stand) and hot soup trying to raise my core temperature. They said they found me wandering off talking in tongues and they couldn't understand a word I said. When they got me to the aid station, the docs said my core temperature was 95 degrees which was why I couldn't stop shivering. To this day my normal temperature is 97.4 or so. Drives the docs crazy till I tell them why.

I'd be willing to bet the word Burred might have been intentional... (cold... brrrrrrr... get it?) :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Tina is so sick she gained a southern accent?
They said they found me wandering off talking in tongues and they couldn't understand a word I said.
Sounds as if you were lucky... if they hadn't found you before you wandered out of the area you might not have survived. :( Hypothermia (like anoxia) is very tricky... we often don't even realize we're impaired.

As to Tina... you could say that Tina is speaking in tongues... or, speaking with an accent. I don't think it's a southern accent, though.

She's probably speaking with a Scottish accent, and she's trilling her R sounds... a typical Scottish burr.

If that's the case, then oldmanmickey's suggestion to give Tina a bottle of whiskey might make sense... as long as it's Scotch.
illiad

Post by illiad »

and the reason you DONT give freezing people alcohol...
It 'warms you up' by opening your blood vessels, the ones that were constricted to hold the last of your body heat in your core!!

OK when you are inside a warm room or only 5mins away... but deadly when miles from one!

A St Bernard with a barrel is more than just a Hollywood myth.. there is even a trope for it!! :) :)