I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
as363
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:12 am
Location: FOOTHILL OF THE SIERRAS

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by as363 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:42 pm

This has nothing - 0r every thing to do with the current posts - - - But - a few weeks ago we were at 12 in the likes area. We are now nudging close to 40 . Just thought i"d bring it up.

User avatar
Catawampus
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by Catawampus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Y'know, I may be wrong, but I'm beginning to get the subtle suspicion that just possibly maybe Tina might be a bit sick. Perhaps.
Dave wrote:
My2Cents wrote:OK, Tina can now get sick. The big question is does she have any antibodies at all? If not she needs every vaccine you can think of quick, and can still expect the next couple of years to be miserable while her body goes through the 'normal childhood diseases'.
I wouldn't think that being (mostly) dead for a few hours, would have wiped out her body's existing immune system? As a (human) child, Tina was probably subjected to the usual set of vaccinations for whatever area she grew up in, and would certainly have been exposed to the common range of childhood diseases. I'd expect her to still have the antibodies and immunities from back then, just as if she hadn't been demonized.
If her antibodies were gone, that would probably mean that her immune system overall was gone. In which case, vaccines wouldn't do any good. For her antibodies to have all gone away due to her "death", though, would probably have required enough damage to her physical body that I doubt any part of it would still function.

Now, if she somehow managed to pick up HIV or something similar somewhere. . .

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by TazManiac » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:26 pm

http://thestinkingrose.com/about-sf.htm

Take Out!, STAT!

Code: Select all

The Stinking Rose® 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
You heard it right. 40 cloves! But don’t let that number scare you, because they add just the right amount of zest and aroma to make this one of The Stinking Rose’s ® most popular dishes!

1 Tbsp. 	Butter
2 Tbsp. 	Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 lbs. 	Roasting Chicken, washed and cut into pieces
to taste 	Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper
4 Tbsp. 	Fresh Rosemary
1 Cup 	Flour
40 Cloves 	Garlic, Peeled
1 Cup 	Dry White Wine
4 Cups 	Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup 	Heavy Cream
  	 
1. Heat butter and olive oil in a deep, heavy skillet.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss in flour.
3. When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken, skin side down.
4. Sauté chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
5. Add garlic cloves and sauté until light brown.
6. Add white wine and chicken stock. Return chicken to pan.
7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Remove chicken and keep warm, turn heat to high and reduce liquid by 66%.
Remove to blender, add cream and puree sauce.
Adjust seasoning and serve over chicken. 

User avatar
oldmanmickey
Posts: 1656
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by oldmanmickey » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:41 pm

OOOOO, chicken?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long

User avatar
Boxilar
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by Boxilar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Minor observation about Shelly

Yesterday when she was talking to Becky, Shelly was "wearing" a set of normal human teeth. Today, while checking on Tina, her fangs are especially prominent

After Shelly came back from her stay in the Time Forest, the only time she showed fang was when she was under stress.

Then, after the cat got out of the bag, so to speak about Bia and Phix and Shelly's dad, Shelly accepted who and what she is, cut her hair, and started sporting fangs, even while in human form.

I think after her little misadventure with Monica, Shelly is making a concious decision to appear fully human to those who aren't in the know", but stress still brings the rip and tear teeth out.

The probably has nothing to do with the fact that Paul likes drawing pretty women with big cat dentures.

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by TazManiac » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:21 pm

oldmanmickey wrote:OOOOO, chicken?

Chicken with FORTY Cloves of GARLIC...

I suppose we were all complaining to a greater or lesser degree re:

'Where is Tina?',
'What Happened to Kevin?',
'How come we don't see Shelly anymore?'...

huh.

User avatar
oldmanmickey
Posts: 1656
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by oldmanmickey » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:08 pm

gonna have to try that one. so the long and the short, they been sick
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long

User avatar
MerchManDan
Posts: 1674
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:40 am
Location: Somewhere else.
Contact:

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by MerchManDan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 am

TazManiac wrote:http://thestinkingrose.com/about-sf.htm

Take Out!, STAT!

Code: Select all

The Stinking Rose® 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
You heard it right. 40 cloves! But don’t let that number scare you, because they add just the right amount of zest and aroma to make this one of The Stinking Rose’s ® most popular dishes!

1 Tbsp. 	Butter
2 Tbsp. 	Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 lbs. 	Roasting Chicken, washed and cut into pieces
to taste 	Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper
4 Tbsp. 	Fresh Rosemary
1 Cup 	Flour
40 Cloves 	Garlic, Peeled
1 Cup 	Dry White Wine
4 Cups 	Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup 	Heavy Cream
  	 
1. Heat butter and olive oil in a deep, heavy skillet.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss in flour.
3. When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken, skin side down.
4. Sauté chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
5. Add garlic cloves and sauté until light brown.
6. Add white wine and chicken stock. Return chicken to pan.
7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Remove chicken and keep warm, turn heat to high and reduce liquid by 66%.
Remove to blender, add cream and puree sauce.
Adjust seasoning and serve over chicken. 
Oooh my. I can feel my sinuses clearing up just from reading that. :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Image
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)

User avatar
AmriloJim
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)
Contact:

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by AmriloJim » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:59 am

It just came to me, 46 hours late... shoulda tagged this one as
"Just Dropped In To See What Condition (Tina's) Condition Was In."

User avatar
bmonk
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by bmonk » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Dave wrote:I wouldn't think that being (mostly) dead for a few hours, would have wiped out her body's existing immune system? As a (human) child, Tina was probably subjected to the usual set of vaccinations for whatever area she grew up in, and would certainly have been exposed to the common range of childhood diseases. I'd expect her to still have the antibodies and immunities from back then, just as if she hadn't been demonized.
Still, being mostly dead is better than being all dead. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. (What's that?) Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

User avatar
TazManiac
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by TazManiac » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:58 pm

@bmonk:

'the Princess Bride'; Miracle Max...

User avatar
lake_wrangler
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:16 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: I'm Sick 2014-12-09

Post by lake_wrangler » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:19 pm

AmriloJim wrote:
It just came to me, 46 hours late... shoulda tagged this one as
"Just Dropped In To See What Condition (Tina's) Condition Was In."
Wow. That's the first time I see a video, from memory, with Kenny Rogers having a brown beard... :D

Post Reply