Dare to trust 2014-12-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Reani

Re: Dare to trust 2014-12-04

Post by Reani »

Paul writes such nuanced, human characters. It's lovely, particularly in female characters. Both Cricket and Monica are very loveable (if not always likeable), and seeing them like this is actually very touching. I'm looking forward to seeing them find the healing they both need.

Rather than M and Jet, which is a disaster in the making.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:lake wrangler.. :)
instead of chasing f5 /your tail, why not just go make a brew, listen to some music, relax... by which time, the *proper* page will be up... :)
there's an app for that, FF speeddial will refresh a page every minute for you... :)
AREYOUSAYINGi'MOBSSESSED?IHOPEYOU'RENOTSAYINGI'MOBSSESSED!WHYWOULDYOUEVERTHINKiCOULDPOSSIBLYBEOBSSESSED??? :shock: :mrgreen:
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:
illiad wrote:lake wrangler.. :)
instead of chasing f5 /your tail, why not just go make a brew, listen to some music, relax... by which time, the *proper* page will be up... :)
there's an app for that, FF speeddial will refresh a page every minute for you... :)
AREYOUSAYINGi'MOBSSESSED?IHOPEYOU'RENOTSAYINGI'MOBSSESSED!WHYWOULDYOUEVERTHINKiCOULDPOSSIBLYBEOBSSESSED??? :shock: :mrgreen:
:o :o :mrgreen: nah, not as bad as some starting with O..... :P :roll:
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:AREYOUSAYINGi'MOBSSESSED?IHOPEYOU'RENOTSAYINGI'MOBSSESSED!WHYWOULDYOUEVERTHINKiCOULDPOSSIBLYBEOBSSESSED??? :shock: :mrgreen:
I'm not sure "obsessed" is the correct word. I did hear that some Forumites had trouble coping with that month-long hiatus last spring, though, when Paul was busy moving his family to a new city. There were rumors that somebody actually downloaded the entire Wapsi archive, distilled out all of the dialog, mixed it with DMSO, and made a bunch of transdermal patches to help deal with the nasty withdrawal effects of Wapsi addiction. That wasn't you, by any chance? 8-)

"Hi. I'm Dave, and I'm a Wapsiholic."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:AREYOUSAYINGi'MOBSSESSED?IHOPEYOU'RENOTSAYINGI'MOBSSESSED!WHYWOULDYOUEVERTHINKiCOULDPOSSIBLYBEOBSSESSED??? :shock: :mrgreen:
I'm not sure "obsessed" is the correct word. I did hear that some Forumites had trouble coping with that month-long hiatus last spring, though, when Paul was busy moving his family to a new city. There were rumors that somebody actually downloaded the entire Wapsi archive, distilled out all of the dialog, mixed it with DMSO, and made a bunch of transdermal patches to help deal with the nasty withdrawal effects of Wapsi addiction. That wasn't you, by any chance? 8-)

"Hi. I'm Dave, and I'm a Wapsiholic."
No, that wasn't me... but I did purchase all 6 Wapsi Square ebooks, and am 2/3 done adding links to each comic, so I can answer questions in the Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz more easily... :mrgreen:
And, to keep track of what questions have already been asked, I have a folder in my bookmarks with each page that supplied the answer to a question in the quiz...
And I also have a different folder, still in my bookmarks, with pages for potential questions to ask... (more than 100 questions still waiting...) This includes sub-folders, for questions with multiple answers and/or multiple examples of the answer... :ugeek:
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Behold the healing power of hugs!

Hugs are wonderful.
Yes, the whole point of today's strip is that once you "Dare to trust", the healing can begin. <3

AS for all the other posts about who was first, when the browsers/servers do what. . .etc.
All I can say is-- TLDNR. :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:
illiad wrote:the next biggest culprit is toolbars - the google one has been seen by me, to be really bad, slowing pages to a crawl..
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That's one toolbar-loaded browser!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah.

Despite what the article linked says, the Ask toolbar is semi-evil.

Also hard to remove.

If you install downloaded software that might have such stuff - and even more annoying/potentially-harmful stuff in it, a little program called Unchecky is a good thing to have on your machine. (...and Gizmo's Freeware, which is where that link leads, is a really good site to find/read about free software in general.)

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It would be very bad for someone to be that obsessed over a comic, even one as well done as this. So yes please refrain from addictive tendencies. *decides now is not the time to mention you can set up gmail to text you when its time for waspi to update.* :)
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
illiad

Post by illiad »

as I said, speeddial will do it for you... you even get 'groups' of dials!! :)

so instead of wearing out your KBD, you can do other things.... :D
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

zachariah wrote:Cricket still doesn't understand you know. She just follows good old female rule number 4. When someone looks sad and you know them well enough, give em a hug. Men rule number 4 is a gentle, or not so gentle, punch to the arm.
Leonard: What's that?
Sheldon: Tea. When people are upset, the cultural convention is to bring them hot beverages. ... There, there. ... You wanna talk about it?
Leonard: No.
Sheldon: Good! "There there" was really all I had.
:)
Thor

Post by Thor »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Thor wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I agree. I may or may not have said so before, but it would indeed be useful. Not only for when it's first posted, in case you can't seem to see it yet, but also for convenience, when looking at older threads, to not have to scroll through the archive to reach whatever comic the thread is referring to. But that idea has not been retained, yet.
Since this is your thread, you could show 'em all how it's done... :D
I know, but the subject had been discussed quite some time ago, and at the time, it had been decided to not include such links. Not being a moderator, or anyone with any kind of authority, I merely applied the agreed-upon convention, which include the name for the thread and lack of a link back to the comic. Should the discussion be brought about again, and the "policy" changed, I would be glad to include links to the comic in future threads.
FIGHT THE POWER!
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
Thor wrote:FIGHT THE POWER!
FIGHT THE FLOWER! 8-)
Yeah alright, fine... Fine! Fine. Fine!!

I'll do it!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Dave wrote:
FIGHT THE FLOWER! 8-)
Yeah alright, fine... Fine! Fine. Fine!!

I'll do it!
Is, ... is it done?

Yes, it is done.
illiad

Post by illiad »

oldmanmickey wrote:It would be very bad for someone to be that obsessed over a comic, even one as well done as this. So yes please refrain from addictive tendencies. *decides now is not the time to mention you can set up gmail to text you when its time for waspi to update.* :)
hey, Tine has connections, she could help help help you with that..... :) :)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

And if you can't dare to trust, should you instead dare to be stupid?

So, Monica and Cricket need each other. Monica and Georgette need each other. I wonder how Cricket and Georgette will get along, and how the two different sets of needs will compete?
Dave wrote:
FIGHT THE FLOWER! 8-)
FLIGHT THE FLOWER!
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

illiad wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:It would be very bad for someone to be that obsessed over a comic, even one as well done as this. So yes please refrain from addictive tendencies. *decides now is not the time to mention you can set up gmail to text you when its time for waspi to update.* :)
hey, Tine has connections, she could help help help you with that..... :) :)
Thanks but no thanks, i take enough pills already.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

I thought of toolbars like this: toolbar hell.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

bmonk wrote:I thought of toolbars like this: toolbar hell.
YIKES!!! Where's the rest of the browser??? :shock:

Must make reading webpages a pain in the butt...