Still around 2014-11-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Still around 2014-11-21

Post by illiad »

Wdot, I dont think so... she is the 'keeper' in the same way you 'keep' your cat or dog...

'the added code line' ??? surely you are talking about what May did to Jin??

It is bud that has the power to turn the world into glass.. Monica is basically human, who has control over her demons.. She CAN die, but then the spike in her head brings her back to the point that she got the spike.. have an archive search for the calendar machine, a lot is said in that strip..
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No, the "added piece of code" is that the only person who can "control" the Chimera (Jin/Bud/Brandi) is someone who not only can read glyph, but had died sacrificially - in the same way (we assume) that Mayahuel died.

However, Monica essentially (in the link I posted earlier) told the three parts of the Chimera they were free to be their own selves. That overrides the original programming. Had Monica's "darkness" come at any point before that, she very well could have ordered them to flatten the earth.

What's not certain is if Monica could convince the Chimera - or the individual parts - to "flatten the earth" for her. Including Bud.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

illiad wrote:'the added code line' ??? surely you are talking about what May did to Jin??
I think that Wdot is referring to this strip. The code that Tepoz added to the three girls.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:I personally think Kevin threw that last part in as both a parting shot and a "leave 'em thinking" toward Bud.
What Kevin said, at the last there, was a social-narrative hook if I ever heard/read one. I mean, really! :D No living being (and I specifically count Bud as being living) could possibly not want to follow up a line like that at some point!
Pablo could torment the lot of us by leaving us with pinups and one-shots for the rest of the week - or by going back to Gryphon High and seeing what shenanigans are going on there with Atsali and this "Jacob" kid.
Considering that it's a short/holiday week coming up, and considering that Paul has listed a whole bunch of new pinups on eBay within the last 36 hours, I think your first guess there is the correct one. He has a tradition of doing pinups at holiday time around year-end, and there's much to be said about keeping a good old tradition going.

(In this case, of course, what there is to be said is "AAAGH! :o Extended cliffhanger! :( Frustration! Angst! :? StoryGimmeStoryGimmeResolution! :cry: ")
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote:
illiad wrote:'the added code line' ??? surely you are talking about what May did to Jin??
I think that Wdot is referring to this strip. The code that Tepoz added to the three girls.
well that was set originally thousands of years ago by tepoz... but there was a loophole, created by a scribe that sacrificed herself... Tepoz himself said Monica was not stupid.. :)

I think the only way any 'bad forum prophecies' will happen, is if Paul decides to do an 'evil Monica' strip... :D :D and then she will wake up from a dream...:P :lol:

Any analysts here?? I think any 'darkness' Monica has, is at herself... someone like Euryale would help!! :D

BTW thanksgiving is Thurs?? You DO need to get away from here, and help your poor family with preparation!!!! :roll: :roll: