So Weak 2012-08-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: So Weak 2012-08-13

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
That is what sphinxes do.
Sphinxes killed people for getting a riddle wrong.
Phix killed people for giving the wrong answer.
Unless i'm mistaken, she wound up locked in the Library for millennia partly because she didn't kill someone when she was supposed to.
I'll have to go back and find the comic, but I'm pretty sure Phix did not kill anyone for getting a riddle wrong. As I recall it, she said it was her first day on the job when she shredded the law book and got banished to the Library. I think she said she didn't believe in killing people to get at the demon. Given how brutal the sphinx society is, I'm surprised all she got was banished for letting Nudge get out and not killed by other sphinxes. I guess they needed a new librarian more than they needed to have her killed and eaten.
Given her Wall of Skulls and her musings abut how she was Not Very Nice when she was younger...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Fairportfan wrote:Given her Wall of Skulls and her musings abut how she was Not Very Nice when she was younger...
Amazingly I managed to find the comic I was looking for ... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/via-a-riddle/

So she didn't believe in killing via riddle, and it was her first day on the job, but you're right about the wall of skulls. It seems to be a trophy/reminder wall indicating she was, at some point, quite, shall we say "aggressive." And they seem to all be human skulls, not demon or whatever. At some time she was not averse to killing, and maybe eating human type people. Given justification by the powers that be, or circumstances, I would imagine she would kill them without remorse even today, despite her relatively recent fraternization with us.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Given her Wall of Skulls and her musings abut how she was Not Very Nice when she was younger...
Amazingly I managed to find the comic I was looking for ... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/via-a-riddle/

So she didn't believe in killing via riddle, and it was her first day on the job, but you're right about the wall of skulls. It seems to be a trophy/reminder wall indicating she was, at some point, quite, shall we say "aggressive." And they seem to all be human skulls, not demon or whatever. At some time she was not averse to killing, and maybe eating human type people. Given justification by the powers that be, or circumstances, I would imagine she would kill them without remorse even today, despite her relatively recent fraternization with us.
OTOH, this page makes it look as if they're wallpaper or a frieze...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber