Say So 2014-11-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Say So 2014-11-14

Post by lake_wrangler »

I think we just went beyond "insider trading"... :shock:
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic

Re: Say So 20114-11-14

Post by Atomic »

Not a frigging clue here. Nope -- nada, zip, squat, zilch, zero.

Off to try the muffins in Confusion Corner. Maybe some bagels with cream cheese as well.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Thor

Post by Thor »

Well, that defuses the current symptoms, but it doesn't cancel out the larger context.

Since a lot of what Jet said seemed to be spot on the money, both of them have a lot of introspection they need to do.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

NAILED IT!

Two demons tried to get a little TOO close to each other.

(Dangit, LW, you beat me.)
Last edited by jwhouk on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm guessing this might be the first proof for the "demon of alcohol" that has been touted so much by the temperance movements, a while back...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, that's easy for you to say, Bud! Now, where the dickens is my Universal Translator, and did I remember to charge the batteries?

I'd say it's pretty clear that both Monica and Georgette "had the vapors", but just what those vapors are, I really don't have a solid clue. Georgette's resembles the mask-face that Guidance and Anger and the devil-dog seemed to wear, so I guess it must be one of her demons... but I can't recall our ever seeing that particular Monica's Friend before.
lake_wrangler wrote:I'm guessing this might be the first proof for the "demon of alcohol" that has been touted so much by the temperance movements, a while back...
A rum lot, they are indeed!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Was that gibberish that came out of Bud's mouth a transliteration of Glyph-speak?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Ohhhh!

I had DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK8VGEKJUSHDOUIWEGH KJDHBUKASGCUEIHWDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCWGUKJKUOSAU.

So close.

Well, there's always next time.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I'm guessing this might be the first proof for the "demon of alcohol" that has been touted so much by the temperance movements, a while back...
A rum lot, they are indeed!
Alcohol demons? I thought they were spirits.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Yamara wrote:Ohhhh!

I had DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK8VGEKJUSHDOUIWEGH KJDHBUKASGCUEIHWDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCWGUKJKUOSAU.

So close.

Well, there's always next time.
...Doesn't appear to be any kind of rot-N cipher, i tried the text in a decoder that will rotate through all 26 iterations and got nothing.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Ah, so it's a couple of the demons who wanted to get together. Why could the vaunted Jaguar Girl not see this was the case right away? She has poiting ability and is supposed to be very attuned to the demon world now. And why could Bud not have done the same thing? What special power does Jin have she doesn't? I suppose this is a variation of Phix knocking Nudge out of Tina? But then, Nudge wasn't a demon in the first place, so who knows. Anyway, time for Tina to knock heads again it would seem.

This could be bad for the demons involved as well since this (assuming it is insider [bodily fluids] trading) is against the rules and might be punishable by becoming sphinx snacks.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Alcohol demons? I thought they were spirits.
Quite. Thanks to sudden poiting, they've now been distilled. And perhaps, with Tina intervening, they'll end up bestilled.

And, yes, Rocky, they're friendly spirits. Too friendly by half, it seems.
themadkansan wrote:...Doesn't appear to be any kind of rot-N cipher, i tried the text in a decoder that will rotate through all 26 iterations and got nothing.
Makes sense it wouldn't work... it's backwards of what actually happened. A textual rotation like that would be a Caeser cipher, and this is clearly a Let-go-of-'er cipher... or decryption, if you prefer.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Frame three was not what I expected to see today. I didn't know any of the Golem Girls had the fine control to selectively poit others like that; we've only seen Tepoz do that in the past, and he's known to be an alcohol expert.

Nice info-dump from Bud, too. :D
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Talk about your FREAKY FRIDAY.
Did Monica and Georgette just switch bodies? Life-Entity Transfer is what I think Spock called it. Does that mean 'Jet is now the Immortal one and Monica can live out and Die a normal life, in a tall,skinny body with hardly any boobage? or has something else occured?? I can NOT wait for Monday.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Let's see...

That doesn't quite look like Vanity (from April of 2007), nor does it look like Lust (same time frame). Looking back at the other times we've seen Mon's "Demon Menagerie", that one doesn't quite look like anything we've seen...

I'd almost bet these are new demons: Self-Worth (M) and Neediness (G).
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The transcription of Bud's statement:

"Jin, DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE KJUSHDOUIWEGH KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU!"
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Tell me if you've heard this one before... Two drunk women meet in a bar. Their demons.....
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

jwhouk wrote:The transcription of Bud's statement:

"Jin, DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE KJUSHDOUIWEGH KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU!"
Ninja'd, sorta... I was just preparing to comment that Bud's statement was not a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious single word.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Tell me if you've heard this one before... Two drunk women meet in a bar. Their demons.....
... were demonstrative?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

You know, I find that Tepoz is so much neater, when it comes to dealcoholizing people... :P