Where Are You 2014-11-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Where Are You 2014-11-13

Post by DilyV »

Oooooh crap

I think the mention that this might not be Jet may be closer to the mark than we thought... How would Jet know Bud is kinda giddy around Kevin?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Warrl

Re: Where Are You 2014-11-13

Post by Warrl »

The best response to people who pull crap like this is - usually - to tell them that there is no room for them in your life. None at all. Goodbye.
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

*presses her face to glass, trying to see the new strip* Aaaah, why won't it looaaad?!

Ah yes, there we are.. And damn. >_< Strong and valid points.. but ... Drunk... No decisions like this should be made at this particular point! Jet needs a slap, a dunk, or a timeout...
Last edited by Akamar on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:Oooooh crap

I think the mention that this might not be Jet may be closer to the mark than we thought... How would Jet know Bud is kinda giddy around Kevin?
I'm willing to accept provisionally that it's really Jet.

There is a bit of a problem with her knowing that Bud is attracted to Kevin, since she and Kevin have never met prior to this (apparently).

However, she and Monica have apparently been hanging out quite a bit, if the antiquing page a while back is any indication, so she could have picked up on it somehow.

Let's see what Friday brings.

{A pin-up page, of course...}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Let's see what Friday brings.

{A pin-up page, of course...}
YOU HUSH!

As to comic... The Uncomfortable Meter is bending the needle at the Cerberus Club tonight...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yeah... jeez... this sort of blatant interpersonal manipulation really doesn't stand much chance of ending well. If it doesn't succeed, it stands every chance of failing really, really, really badly... as in, completely trashing Monica's feelings towards Georgette, earning Georgette a "stay out of my sight or you end up in a volcano" dismissal, and tearing apart their new business partnership in Monica's antique shop.

My speculation that Georgette might be trying to support Monica's relationship with Kevin now looks pretty unlikely. "Hey, you're not treating him for-realsies... so why don't you just 'sign him over' to your friend, willy-nilly" isn't exactly respectful to Kevin, either. :(

So... was Bud already expecting Jin, or did Bud just send for the cavalry? If the latter, what is it that Jin might know, that we don't?
Last edited by Dave on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thor

Post by Thor »

DilyV wrote:Oooooh crap

Because Monica's demons are observant of the things around Monica, and they have no reason to ignore the things they see because they have nothing to be in denial about. And if Monica's demons and Jet's demons are swapping stories, eventually Jet gets the low-down.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Thor wrote: Because Monica's demons are observant of the things around Monica, and they have no reason to ignore the things they see because they have nothing to be in denial about. And if Monica's demons and Jet's demons are swapping stories, eventually Jet gets the low-down.
And we've already seen that Guidance can't keep her mouth shut.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

"I'm sorry I took Monica away from you so here, have a Bud."

Yeah, there's no way that would end in disaster. :roll: Such things can only work organically, they can't be forced like this.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The question is, why is Bud wanting Jin to show up?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Agreements made under duress, influence of drugs, or excess fatigue are not valid. Even if they make sense at the time. Because, the probably won't once the hangover wears off!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Thor

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote:The question is, why is Bud wanting Jin to show up?
Because she hasn't arrived yet, obviously! :D
DoctorOverlord

Post by DoctorOverlord »

As much as I think it would be cool to see Bud and Kevin be a couple, I'm with the other people who think this cannot turn out well. Getting everyone sober before discussing any of this would be a good first step :D
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jwhouk wrote:The question is, why is Bud wanting Jin to show up?
Because this is happening right in front of Bud and it's super-awkward.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No, no, there is a REASON why she wants Jin there...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Now I'm curious as to everything we have missed off screen. Just how well do Bud and Kevin know each other? She had crushes on both Kevin and Justin in the past but they seemed superficial. Could Bud and Kevin really be more compatible than him and Monica? Too many unknowns right now.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jwhouk wrote:No, no, there is a REASON why she wants Jin there...
I'd thought that's the reason why she wants ANYBODY there; she only mentioned Jin by name because they're meeting there.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:No, no, there is a REASON why she wants Jin there...
She's applying the "substitution of cocktail" rule.

It's obvious that Manhattans aren't working out well for Georgette. Bud has decided to offer her an Absent Friend instead.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

For anyone interested I've been converting some of the empty storage space above the Confusion Corner into one room efficiency apartments (mini kitchen and shower) for those wishing to take up permanent or semi permanent residency. Good individual soundproofing and internet connections, mail service, laundry facilities, possibility of concierge service if we get enough takers.
I hate to take this step but lately it seems I'm living here anyway so I might as well make it official.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Somebody sure gave jett some inside info. I just dont see this ending well for anyone concerned.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long