Where Are You 2014-11-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Re: Where Are You 2014-11-13

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yep, people were beginning to get tired of the couches in the confusion corner.

And it seems obvious that Jet has Seen Things while we were watching Atsali and Co. I'm just wondering how long that fey spell is going to last for D.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
Thor wrote: Because Monica's demons are observant of the things around Monica, and they have no reason to ignore the things they see because they have nothing to be in denial about. And if Monica's demons and Jet's demons are swapping stories, eventually Jet gets the low-down.
And we've already seen that Guidance can't keep her mouth shut.
...and the conversation continues the next page ... and then it was in the part of it between that page and Jet arriving at the shop (which we didn't see because Paul didn't show us) may be where Guidance drops a clanger or two about Monica, Kevin and Bud...

{Next-to-last panel there is ... interesting ... in present context. Note Monica's blush.}

============

...and who (or what) is Tiffany, who seems to know a lot about things?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

hmmm ... silly question, but would Tina still be nearby?

When she first met Tina, didn't Georgette emotions overload?

I recall Tina having a 'emotion overload' effect on Monica and Atsali (also when Atsali first met Tina).

Is there any chance that Georgette's emotions are again being overloaded(?) because of Tina's proximity?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Sorry, I don't think Jet is at the yoke, so to speak...

Under the Influence, yes, but not just of Alcohol...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Wow. Cerberus Club really is the gates of hell.

This is about the people closest to M playing with her trust. Again.

Amanda warned her she was still naive, but they're putting a lot more on the line than the last few times, if this is just another shock lesson for the young Queen of the Sun. And for what? Learning commitment? Facing immortality? Working out her PTSD from being sacrificed? What's so important that a method like this is necessary, yet again, and expected to work so much better, that a less explosive intervention couldn't be tried?

This could go wrong this time.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Monica saved Jet's demons from the tar, as well as Jet. Jet's demons are in awe of/enamored of Monica, and hey,they think 'wouldn't it be great if Jet and Monica got together?' Jet told Monica you should hear what my demons are suggesting I do to you, remember? So, Jet's demons are obviously fanning the flames. Maybe they even pushed Jet to have those five manhattens, lower her resistance even more, give her the dutch courage to approach Monica. They're working together to egg her on. And considering Jet was crushing on Monica before M saved her from the tar, freed her demons, and shared her past with her...yeah.
Even if my theory is correct, it doesn't mean that M doesn't have feeling for Jet. I don't know. But drunk decisions and emotional blackmail aren't the way. Monica needs to have a good long think, and then a good long talk with Kevin. Maybe they'll break up, maybe they'll find a deeper level of commitment after facing some painful truths. I can't even guess. But leaving with Jet right now would be wrong on so many levels. Hell, even if she ended up staying with Jet, would she feel guilty about the shitty thing she'd done to Kevin by jumping into Jet's bed without even an 'it's over, bye!' ?
I wouldn't put it past Jet to contact Kevin herself, and tell him 'Monica wants me,not you', and throwing in enough examples to ring true. Even a 'she trusted ME with her past and her hurt-she didn't trust YOU that much, did she?' And she'd think of it as 'Monica might be pissed now,but she will thank me later for doing what she didn't have the guts to do.'
*fastens seat belt, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!*
wwf

Post by wwf »

Monica had a vision about Jet forcing herself on Monica here and the next few updates.
Is this just another instance of this?
Both Jet and Tina did not experience the vision that Monica had.
Tina does not seem to be present so is the vision being triggered by Jet, but exist only for Monica?
Is this a downside of her Jaguar Girl/Pheonix blood/Demon Shephard/Sub-TItan status?

Anyways, I will be heading to confusion corner to help out on the apartment expansion.

Walter
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

We should also remember that we haven't seen all of Jet's personal demons yet. Guidance and Anger and whomever puppy dog and that other face (the one that told her about vamps) are it.

In fact, we haven't seen Anger since the Tar-ectomy was done...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Wait. Actually, there is one good established reason M has to go through this. And it explains Bud's involvement, and why Jin is needed to explain things.

Wonder how close to right I'd be. If I were to say.

"WHAT ASININE . . . reason, could she possibly . . . what's this . . .here ? Oh! Shoot. That makes a ton of sense. Hmm."
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
illiad

Post by illiad »

vision?? could be...

How old is Jet?? Or is this her first big relationship ? ( with M..) I have helped out young nephews, who think the 'world is ending' due to their first GF leaving them...

In RL, If this happened, the BF would be angry at the both of them and they ALL would never talk again..

I am amazed at some girls 'overthinking' and poor men just do not understand...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She has to find out the side effects of Demon Shepherding somehow, right?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

"You know how I feel about you"... Thanks for clearing that up for us, Monica!
Wait, no. You really didn't clear up anything, did you... :roll:

I still think there's "insider trading" type of info that has been conveyed off-camera, before today. I can't see Georgette knowing all this on her own.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I wonder if this situation was set up to push Monica off the dime about Kevin and Jet. Monica is making changes in her life after becoming the fully empowered Jaguar girl. Left the museum. Took over the antique shop. Life changes that reflect a nodal turning point in a persons life. Of course Monica is still coming to terms that she is now immortal and what that will mean. I wonder if this was set up so Monica can discover that very long life means change. She cannot get comfortable and just drift along in a rut, and Monica does have a tendency to like living in a rut.

She resisted a lot of the things that happened to her for many reasons but one of them is that what was happening was making her grow and step out of her safe comfortable pattern of life.

I wonder if Jin didn't set this off so Monica does have to make a choice to fully commit to Kevin or move on. We know Kevin is very accepting of Monica's unusual life but we've never seen what his long term desires are. Does he want a long term commitment? Marriage? Family? Jin could very well want to get him and Monica to see what they are doing to each other and make a choice. Another reason Jin could be involved is Alan who is Kevin's friend. He could be hearing what Kevin is thinking and want to help him. Alan has helped Kevin with his relationships before, after all who threw the Frisbee?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
illiad

Post by illiad »

well M is not the standard immortal... AFAIK she ages, she can break bones, etc... but only when she actually dies, will she go back to age she was when she got a key in her head... :roll:
so yes, there is no problem , she can 'grow old' with Kevin...
I am sure she hates the way other demigods behave, and tries to keep a 'normal' life, and may be *intentionally* naive... :/

and hey guys.. if you want to put a comic link in, be sure to check you have not totally missed the context, by checking the other pages... :P :)
eee

Post by eee »

Oh snap. Things were serious before; now we're heading into 'critical' territory...
jwhouk wrote:The question is, why is Bud wanting Jin to show up?
This may be some sort of plan. There may be elements we are unaware of. But there is also that Jin is a master manipulator, perhaps better than Brandi when it comes to dealing with people. And while Bud and Shelly and Amanda may be closer friends, I don't think anyone knows Monica's heart as well as Jin does. If anyone can resolve this situation in a way that avoids explosion, heartbreak, and disaster, it's probably Jin.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Of course, Jin might just be a red herring Pablo's throwing at us...
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

chicgeek wrote:Monica saved Jet's demons from the tar, as well as Jet. Jet's demons are in awe of/enamored of Monica, and hey,they think 'wouldn't it be great if Jet and Monica got together?' Jet told Monica you should hear what my demons are suggesting I do to you, remember? So, Jet's demons are obviously fanning the flames. Maybe they even pushed Jet to have those five manhattens, lower her resistance even more, give her the dutch courage to approach Monica. They're working together to egg her on. And considering Jet was crushing on Monica before M saved her from the tar, freed her demons, and shared her past with her...yeah.
A thing to recall and that we may well have forgotten in the recent light we've seen personal demons is that.. well.. they're demons. They may have names like guidance, etc... but not all guidance is good... What I can recall from earlier in the series is they typically aimed to harm their hosts, no? I'm not saying that that is what Jets demons are INTENDING, but I don't think the advice they're providing is entirely sound. In addition to that, Monica has had some time to get used to her demon wrangling skills. Jet is new to this world of dealing with personified emotion, and she doesn't have to push and pull of a jaguar girl. Monica is terrifying to them, but as near as we can tell, Jet is human..

.. Huh, I had a thought there, but it's kind of wandered off.. >_<

This is a bad situation. Monica is already hurt at the tactics Jet is using. Jet is already hurt that Monica is fighting going home with her (something she's not used to?). Both are already hurt and mad... but I think it would be far worse if they left with each other. Ultimately, it's a matter that needs to be resolved, though, for the health of their personal and professional relationships. Just... not now, while they're drunk.
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Wow.

This is actually happening. O_O
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:The question is, why is Bud wanting Jin to show up?
Bud isn't just waiting on Jin... the look on her face says urgent need for Jin to be there to solve this. Monica hasn't yanked Jet into Jaguar space yet because we've only had about two blinks of the eye between yesterday's strip and today's. Once Jaguar Girl grasps what's going on, I get the feeling Jet will be herded off to Jaguar Space for a lesson.

The question I have is... Is Monica's Jaguar Girl side affected by earthly libations? In English, if Monica gets drunk, does it affect her Jaguar Girl side?

If past strips are any indication, Monica and Jet have been spending at least a little time doing stuff together. I'm not so sure that the initial incident in Mucho Mocha has been addressed between them. After Monica experienced the kiss, we got this... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/never-touched-you/ Tina tells Monica Jet never touched her making it obvious whatever she experienced was in Monica's sub conscious, or was Monica dragged into Jet's? Question here is what triggered it? Monica's fangirl crush on Jet, or was Jet projecting? This strip gives credence to Jet's projecting... she even affected Tina: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/she-wants-you/

The last thing Monica says here might be why Jet has returned with "issues" that need to be addressed: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-their-fault/ Through this whole arc it is clear that Jet loves Monica... even if that love is something she won't admit publically, but when did it happen? Their first meeting was the photo shoot with Amanda for Jet's restaurant/pub. I don't remember any other times where they met till Tina called her to Mucho Mocha to deal with Jet. That arc ended here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/moonlight/ but there was a lot skipped between Monica taking Jet to Jaguar Space, when Jet started to come around from being knocked unconscious from running into the door...

Maybe this IS about Jet projecting... When she entered Mucho Mocha she compelled Tina to read her and as soon as Monica arrived she was affected by visions either projected by or pulled out of Monica by Jet. Monica came out of it when Jet ran into the door and was knocked unconscious. Tina put Monica to sleep where once again, on a like reality, Monica was pulled deep into Jet's quantum space where she met Jet's demons and was raped by the Tar. Monica came around before Jet did... and confronted Tina. When Jet was unconscious Monica wasn't affected, but the moment she started coming around Monica once again was pulled into another reality by Jet. This time though, Monica, knowing what was happening, chose her own Jaguar space for the meeting. Monica hears Jet's story, tells her own, and the arc ends with Monica and Jet curled up on what we assume is Monica's couch with no explanation of what happened between the afternoon at Mucho Mocha and the evening setting on Monica's couch. We get a glimpse of Jet and Monica running off to France for some antiquing... but other than that we haven't seen Jet again until now.

Curiouser and curiouser
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

oldmanmickey wrote:Somebody sure gave jett some inside info. I just dont see this ending well for anyone concerned.
On the bright side, it's not Tina giving the advice. Tina's got the disturbing talent of knowing what people really need.

Having said that...it's about time Bud got a boyfriend! Brandi too, but I can see her being more proactive about going out and finding a man; Bud might not articulate to herself that she wants a male presence in her life until she finds that she has one.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.