Come Home With Me 2014-11-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Come Home With Me 2014-11-12

Post by jwhouk »

Uh oh.

Thank God it's not Friday.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Re: Come Home With Me 2014-11-12

Post by lake_wrangler »

Oddly enough, I tend to agree with the argument... just not with the conclusion.

I was always concerned that their (Monica and Kevin) relationship might not be as healthy as it could be, and that she was, indeed, very controlling (Kevin even said so, to Alan...) I have always wondered if that was, perhaps, a side-effect of Monica having been raped in the psych ward, which would have triggered a need to control all future relationships, particularly when it comes to sex.

The question is, did Georgette come up with that on her own, or was there some "insider trading" going on, to help her reach that analysis? (Not so much that her demons would have been in touch with Monica's, but that they would have perceived it more clearly than Georgette would have, and they let her know...)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It appears that one of the side effects of "Demon sharing" is that it connects the two people together - though, as Tina pointed out, it is like insider trading when the demons decide to torture another person they're not "assigned" to (that was the Demon Queen's primary strike against her as to why she ended up sent back into the Demon Realm).

However, Guidance did say that Jet loved Monica prior to the incident in Demon Space. It's possible that Jet didn't have a clear reason why (other than the Body comment - dear LORD that was from 2006!), until she heard what happened to The Tar.

That incident had to have an effect on Jet. It was emotional; the two of them connected on a very base level; and it clinched to Jet how she cared about M.

And, of course, the way Monica nearly disrobed for her after first meeting her probably came into play, too...
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Great Googly-Moogly! Remember Monica, you're drunk and so is 'Jet. Get in the cab, because one shouldn't 'poit' while intoxicated, and make sure Jet is okay, just talk with her, and give her demons a "Talking to" as well. Maybe there should be a group of former victims of sexual abuse Paranormal or otherwise that Monica,Georgette and perhaps Acacia could start. But where does one find a (edit: sp) Paranormal Psychologist? :?:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Oh. Boy.

If Monica goes with her, it's one kinda Bad.

If Monica DOESN'T go with her, judging by those tears, it's another and possibly WORSE kinda Bad.

================

Take her to the Library, introduce her to Phix, and let her sleep it off there.

===================

Call for Dr Rosario-Guzman.

================

Introduce her to Katherine.

=============

Introduce her to Lily.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Annoyed I had to do the back up one and go forward two trick to see the current comic, but the reward was something else. Agree that there is Something Going On between Jet and M, but I don't think it's what Jet thinks it is...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, independent of whatever Georgette and Monica end up doing together ... or not doing together ...

... 'Jet has certainly just hit Monica with one hell of a potent critique concerning her relationship to/with Kevin.

I'd guess that Monica is going to have some serious thinking to do, once she sobers up. Some of those tears in Monica's eyes in the last panel may be saying a bit of "My God, she's right."

How much of it is Monica's own need for control due to her having been sexually abused (as someone suggested yesterday) remains to be seen. There may be a bit of "Can mortals and demigods really have a balanced relationship?" to it, too... Greek and Roman legends suggest that many such pairings do not end well. Monica has grown and changed quite a bit in recent years... but that doesn't mean that she's settled all of the issues from her earlier years, or really come to terms with what she is today.

(and Paul does it again... wow. I'm not sure that this qualifies as a bootlegger turn, but it's certainly a swerve in the road I hadn't seen coming!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave, you're way more observant than me, because even though I saw the tear running down Jet's cheek, it took me a second look to realize M's eyes was starting to well up with tears.

####, Pablo does this stuff with ease, doesn't he?
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:I'd guess that Monica is going to have some serious thinking to do, once she sobers up. Some of those tears in Monica's eyes in the last panel may be saying a bit of "My God, she's right."

How much of it is Monica's own need for control due to her having been sexually abused (as someone suggested yesterday) remains to be seen. There may be a bit of "Can mortals and demigods really have a balanced relationship?" to it, too... Greek and Roman legends suggest that many such pairings do not end well. Monica has grown and changed quite a bit in recent years... but that doesn't mean that she's settled all of the issues from her earlier years, or really come to terms with what she is today.

(and Paul does it again... wow. I'm not sure that this qualifies as a bootlegger turn, but it's certainly a swerve in the road I hadn't seen coming!)
yep, and we'll possibly get to see just how Monica and Jet's new twist on things will affect Atsali and Nadette's relationship... or, for that matter, Atsali and the cute guy she writes about in her diary... i mean you KNOW there won't be any secrets kept about stuff like this, seeing as how the celebrity gossip/rumor mills operate even better than Radio and TV do for getting info out into the open...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

You keep saying that... I don't think it means what you think it does.

That statement keeps running through my head in reference to Jet. Drunk, Monica would go home with her. Sober? I think that's another story and if she does go drunk, how will she feel about it once she sobers up? What a quandary Monica... Either way, I get the bad feeling that Jet is gonna get hurt...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Goona be real hard to keep a public place event like this quiet. This could get ugly quick though when it spreads. I didn't see this coming at all and the pair i did think would happen is gonna leave the other jealous as the devil. Sphinx have been know to eat humans.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Dave, you're way more observant than me, because even though I saw the tear running down Jet's cheek, it took me a second look to realize M's eyes was starting to well up with tears.

####, Pablo does this stuff with ease, doesn't he?
I don't know about ease (only he lives inside his head, and only he knows what he has to go through to accomplish this sort of thing),

... but damn, he does do it well! :)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Oh hey, Wapsi just shot up from 44 to 28 on Top Web Comics.

Must be Veterans Day.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Just want to point out that if Kevin is suddenly removed from the picture, that means we are bordering on an all-female cast.

Yes, Alan is still with Jin, but we haven't actually seen him in forever. Same with Shelley's dude. Oscar is a fish that no one can tell the gender of by casual inspection. Dietzel is a dog, and even his role has become *ahem* reduced. Darren and his bar were left behind a while ago. Monica is no longer at the museum, so we won't see her old boss anymore. The booze god hasn't been shown for quite a while. Owen eloped with Lakshmi ages ago. And Atsali's boy-crush remains non-introduced. Who else did I miss? Yummy-T? Please.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing--not in the least. It's just this thing I noticed. :|
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:Goona be real hard to keep a public place event like this quiet. This could get ugly quick though when it spreads. I didn't see this coming at all and the pair i did think would happen is gonna leave the other jealous as the devil. Sphinx have been know to eat humans.
The Cerberus seems to cater to paranormals; there may be a "happens here/stays here" rule in force.

With some Enforcement.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Starting to wonder if M might not be biromantic/demisexual...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

More seriously, about these demons all over the place. "I told her about you, and she requested to work with you on this shoot.":

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/illberightthere/

Monica had heard of Georgette, but Georgette requested Monica sight unseen (M clearly has avoided Amanda's shutters up to this point). Amanda's pro advice is plainly welcome to Jet, she runs a sane and humane studio. But this feels like something was already going on there.

Immortals have to deal with serial romance if they ever prefer mortals. Bud would blow a runestone if she hears M was ditching or betraying Kevin. I'd say it's time M called in on Shelly; 80k in a time looped forest, she must have some insight on these things. M should just head over and have the late night talk that Shell's owed her for some time.

Oh right, she has to sneak past the supermodel coming on to her first. Quick, throw the toy dog!
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Personal reaction: Even if that's all true up until the conclusion... Humans aren't that simple and predictable, and will often react to being told what they're going to do by deliberately doing something else. Anything else. Whether it's the right answer or not.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Thor wrote:Just want to point out that if Kevin is suddenly removed from the picture, that means we are bordering on an all-female cast.

Yes, Alan is still with Jin, but we haven't actually seen him in forever. Same with Shelley's dude. Oscar is a fish that no one can tell the gender of by casual inspection. Dietzel is a dog, and even his role has become *ahem* reduced. Darren and his bar were left behind a while ago. Monica is no longer at the museum, so we won't see her old boss anymore. The booze god hasn't been shown for quite a while. Owen eloped with Lakshmi ages ago. And Atsali's boy-crush remains non-introduced. Who else did I miss? Yummy-T? Please.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing--not in the least. It's just this thing I noticed. :|
It is a bit odd isn't it? Not that I'd complain about it... visually, but the cast could certainly use more male characters. I know about Paul's general views thanks to his tumblr, but there is certainly no harm in bringing in some more diversity. It's becoming the exact opposite of a sausage fest, one might say.
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:Oddly enough, I tend to agree with the argument... just not with the conclusion.

I was always concerned that their (Monica and Kevin) relationship might not be as healthy as it could be, and that she was, indeed, very controlling (Kevin even said so, to Alan...) I have always wondered if that was, perhaps, a side-effect of Monica having been raped in the psych ward, which would have triggered a need to control all future relationships, particularly when it comes to sex.
I think its not so unusual to have a relationship like Monica and Kevin... I'm sure many guys would give their arm to have a GF as sexy and giving as that!!! Its certainly worth any 'mistreatment'... :/
get back to the archives, about 2008 & 2010... I would not mind it at all.. :D :D :D
Yamara wrote:More seriously, about these demons all over the place. "I told her about you, and she requested to work with you on this shoot.":

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/illberightthere/

Monica had heard of Georgette, but Georgette requested Monica sight unseen (M clearly has avoided Amanda's shutters up to this point). Amanda's pro advice is plainly welcome to Jet, she runs a sane and humane studio. But this feels like something was already going on there.
Nope.... back then she said out straight, that she needs some boobs!!! :)

It just needs Kevin to arrive, and get a bit expectant... :twisted: :twisted:

and then all the other girls come, PAAAARTY!!! .... :D