Better Show You 2014-11-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Better Show You 2014-11-10

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I am fascinated by the way Paul's drawn her left shoulder strap - is it glued to her flesh? That's the only way i can imagine if making that sharp an angle about halfway down.
Two possible answers: there is a hidden strap going down below her left armpit that is pulling it tight, or else there isn't any tension on the shoulder strap and so it is hanging loose. Third possible answer: mystical Tina powers.
Dave wrote:I do think she looks more conventionally human with a more conservative haircut. That punk trim almost screamed "Look at me, I'm a coven of amnesiac demons!" and in fact I could swear I've seen some similar 'dos advertised that way by local hair salons.
Ah, but that was the cunning beauty of that style! You'd expect for a gang of demons inhabiting a formerly expired body to be trying to blend in and look more conventionally human. By appearing obvious, people would assume that she couldn't be hiding anything!
Boxilar wrote:Considering human hair grows an average of six inches per year, so there's been another time skip since we saw her last.
Maybe the demons control Tina's hair style by pulling in or pushing out the hair as needed, from inside. She doesn't actually get it cut.
Boxilar wrote:I know it's been nearly two years real time, but I'm still getting used to seeing Monica with fangs.
I wonder how long it took for Monica and Kevin to get used to them.

“AAAAAAUGH!!! No more love-bites! No more love-bites!! Tourniquet!!!”
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:...where the heck are they? It sort of looks like the Cerberus Club, besides seeming completely empty (and the ladies don't appear dressed for that sort of night).

Also, that anxiety arc may not have been permanent but it is certainly long-lasting.
This is still the coffee bar. That is confusion corner behind them;
what, the coffee bar has a fully lit stage for huge bands???? :P y'see why peeps think its cerberus, or some other club... :roll:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:It's Minitzel! :D
Or should it be Minietzel? :?
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Tina!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

illiad wrote:
zachariah wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:...where the heck are they? It sort of looks like the Cerberus Club, besides seeming completely empty (and the ladies don't appear dressed for that sort of night).

Also, that anxiety arc may not have been permanent but it is certainly long-lasting.
This is still the coffee bar. That is confusion corner behind them;
what, the coffee bar has a fully lit stage for huge bands???? :P y'see why peeps think its cerberus, or some other club... :roll:
The coffee bar no, but confusion corner why not? Everything else is in there.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Put Dietzel next to a soft pretzel.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It definitely looks like they're at Cerberus Club. Lots of lights in the background, and the floor matches with the dance scenes - and back when Tina "enforced demon justice" way back when.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin