Well Played 2014-11-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Well Played 2014-11-06

Post by jwhouk »

I don't think it's way out in left field that the more Castela feels loved and "accepted" by Kath, the easier it'll be for her to keep her "human" form - just like momma.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

And let's not forget to give props to a certain toothy matron, who did his best to instill a certain level of maturity in our prickly pipsqueak, because the only way to deal with a world that may misunderstand her, is to understand it first.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

I agree with all who have noticed Castela's more human-like form. I just think that as she gets older and (slightly) more mature, her ability to emulate a human appearance also improves. One can also say that because she is able to calmly assess her part in the argument, that self-control is directly reflected in her outward countenance.

My spidey sense tells me, though, that at some point in the story she might lose her composure at the wrong time and/or in front of the wrong people with unfortunate consequences...
Thor

Post by Thor »

Sidhekin wrote:
ETA: Oh, and the hair? Pickle may well have hay for hair!
Hay? But her hair is some shade of lavender.

Does that mean that the plants that make up her hair are
(dons sunglasses)
purple hays?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:Does that mean that the plants that make up her hair are
(dons sunglasses)
purple hays?
Ow! :lol:

The Pun Jar just climbed into the seat of a combine harvester and is headed in your direction. I think I heard it mutter something about "He owes me!"
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

There is a multi-dimensional Pun Jar apparating in front of you for that one.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
as363

Post by as363 »

Dave - I think you need to head towards the "Confusion Corner" and prepare a nice snack for the crew and the Pun Jar. "Purple Hays" indeed !!!
Dave

Post by Dave »

as363 wrote:Dave - I think you need to head towards the "Confusion Corner" and prepare a nice snack for the crew and the Pun Jar. "Purple Hays" indeed !!!
Oh, I'd love to be able to take credit for that one... but Thor was the inspired/guilty party this time.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

oldmanmickey wrote:I would love to see pickle at a Chess board.
She could play the winner of the Nudge vs. Phix match. I suppose the next level would involve Brandy.
zachariah wrote:What I find interesting is Kathy's insight that Pickle is trying to protect Sali. The whole purpose of this little incident for Pickle was to keep Sali from having that private talk and keep Sali safe from being hurt. Sali is taking a personal risk and exposing her self to emotional pain. This is a natural process and everyone goes through it. So Pickle wants to stop the process and spare Sali pain. SO it is motivated by love and maybe a bit of not wanting Sali to grow away from her baby sister. This talk will be interesting. Especially if pickle admists to Sali what she is doing.
I took it more as Katherine saying that Castela at that immediate moment was standing up for Atsali and trying to protect Atsali from having Katherine "go have at" her, not that Castela's earlier actions in Atsali's room were an attempt to protect Atsali from something. Katherine did say, "Are you trying to protect Atsali? After going into her room when her door was closed, and interrupting her?"
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Catawampus wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:I took it more as Katherine saying that Castela at that immediate moment was standing up for Atsali and trying to protect Atsali from having Katherine "go have at" her, not that Castela's earlier actions in Atsali's room were an attempt to protect Atsali from something. Katherine did say, "Are you trying to protect Atsali? After going into her room when her door was closed, and interrupting her?"
my take was not that Pickle was protecting Atsali from Mom "going at her" for the shouting match, etc... but to protect her from getting yelled at for HIDING the cookies in the first place, not that she was not sharing them when they were supposed to be sharing them.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac