Door Is Shut 2014-11-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Door Is Shut 2014-11-03

Post by JSStryker »

Oh dear, words said in anger can never be taken back!
Vive la weird!
Dave

Re: Door Is Shut 2014-11-03

Post by Dave »

Wrathful-Siren Atsali - face markings, forked tongue, and a painful truth! Castela doesn't yet seem to understand the importance of personal boundaries, even after the last couple of "stay out of my personal space" yellings. :(

This is definitely going to take some working-through. A message of "I love you, but I don't love what you've been doing" might get through... but for a kid with the sort of abandonment issues Pickle as grown up with, any sort of rejection by Big Sister is gonna hurt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Uh, oops.

I suspect we are about to get that full discussion about why Castela really was abandoned by her "parents".
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Oh poor little Pickle. This is gonna take more than cookies to fix this. I just hope Castella doesn't run away from home. Poor kid - BOTH of 'em.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yeah that is going to really hurt Castela. but Atsali did have a point about personal space. Crawling inside someone's shirt against a specific request not to is a violation or personal space...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"Door is shut" indeed.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

I suspect this is the time for Kathryn to step in, tell Atsali to wait in her room, and go council Castela herself. Getting Castela to understand that her actions have consequences and that Atsali’s reaction is an example of what happens when you push people too hard, will be difficult but critical to her development.

Real success will be getting Castela to apologize, followed by an apology and hug from Atsali.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Thor

Post by Thor »

"Booby cave"? One wonders how much can really fit down there. Is this just comic exaggeration, or does she have, um, hidden depths, like the golem girls? :|
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Does this mean Atsali Was hiding cookies?
Maybe they were cookies she purchased for herself as opposed
to family groceries cookies mom purchased?

I was kind of hoping they were magically conjured cookies.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jayessell wrote:Does this mean Atsali Was hiding cookies?
Ask any large busted lady just just how many items she can carry in her chesticular area. Some need not even carry a purse.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Ask any large busted lady just just how many items she can carry in her chesticular area. Some need not even carry a purse.
You may ask them, I would not suggest it myself since the ones i know tend to also have weapons in places like that with a habit of using them to defend personal space. This would seem to be the first time the sisters have had a fight. It could not have come over a worse subject either. Its rough when mouths go into motion before brains go in gear.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I doubt anybody told Kath there would be days like this. :(
oldmanmickey wrote:You may ask them, I would not suggest it myself since the ones i know tend to also have weapons in places like that with a habit of using them to defend personal space.

Also available in sterling silver.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

JSStryker wrote:Oh dear, words said in anger can never be taken back!
It wasn't the word said as much as the way Pickle took them. Pickle completely ignored the word sometimes and decided Sali meant always. From there it was a short step to she doesn't want me here at all. A 5 year old will make this mistake very easily and Sali should not be blamed for not thinking about word choice and in tone of voice. Sali is not that old either.

Pickle needs to learn that being part of a family means there are boundaries and she should stop crossing them thoughtlessly. Trying to justify her actions based on we are supposed to share is 5 year old logic. Sis has cookies. We are supposed to share. She didn't. I can do anything to get my share. Kathy has some explaining to do to pickle.

It also is possible Pickle is using emotional extortion on Sali. They are very good at that without intent. 5 year olds are very self centered. lol.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

WELL, It's About Freaking TIME!!! :shock:

Sorry, folks ... but a past nerve was hit. :oops:

They are both still young, verbal yelling is going to happen and stuff not meant to be said will be said.
Anyone who does not agree or understand - good chance they were born an only child.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Right about now Kath is probably thinking she should have stepped in much much sooner. She can still stop Castela in her tracks with her mom command voice (I hope). Castela needs to face up to the fact that there are personal boundaries and that her entire existence isn't to make life hard on everyone around her. Like Callista, Castela appears to be royalty of a sort and probably wasn't used to being told "no". Going from being doted on to being abandoned had to be devastating to the little weed.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
as363

Post by as363 »

And the uglyness will continue for.......??
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Quick, Robin! To the Booby Cave!"
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

"What else ya got in there?"
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Thor

Post by Thor »

shadowinthelight wrote:
The impressive part is that she was able to hide an entire box of cookies in there and she wasn't wearing a bra, which is necessary to give the whole structure stability. So with those non-rigid masses moving freely and no bra to act as a floor or pocket, what was holding the box in there? There is only so much sweat and friction can do.

It has to be a combo of minor magic and the Rule of Funny.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Thor wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
The impressive part is that she was able to hide an entire box of cookies in there and she wasn't wearing a bra, which is necessary to give the whole structure stability. So with those non-rigid masses moving freely and no bra to act as a floor or pocket, what was holding the box in there? There is only so much sweat and friction can do.

It has to be a combo of minor magic and the Rule of Funny.
she was wearing a tshirt, that held them together... :/

well you havent heard of 'busty heart'... :) :) she doesn't wear a bra, and can hold up a billiard ball with one of them!!! :O
the Spanish are crazy about her, so you will have scroll to about 5:30 in, and you will see... :O

dont worry, its youtube, so the rude parts are covered... :roll: