Not Wearing A Bra - 2014-10-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Not Wearing A Bra - 2014-10-27

Post by Dave »

Well, the speculations will now just keep on rollin' in!

I wonder what the off-screen sound effect for a nosebleed is?
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Not Wearing A Bra - 2014-10-27

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

So, perhaps, Nadette IS interested in Atsali "that way"?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:Well, the speculations will now just keep on rollin' in!

I wonder what the off-screen sound effect for a nosebleed is?
* splrtt *
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Are the cookies next to the rubber chicken?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Well, we were told Berdine was straight, just not if Nadette was.
Unless this is one of those Girl Crush passing things, usually used as a plot driver in Anime. Like "Project A-Ko."
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:So, perhaps, Nadette IS interested in Atsali "that way"?
Well, it sorta does look that way. I see two possibilities. Possibly, Nadette was incorrect in saying that her nature as a Seer makes her immune to all magic. Atsali's Siren influence may have worked on her... just delayed. The parts of her which are outside of the normal world-time may have been affected, but only well after exposure.

Or, she could simply be naturally interested.. nothing says that twins always have to have the same orientation (and I'm not sure we know whether Berdine and Nadette are "identical" or "fraternal" twins - what are the rules for ursamorphs?). Possibly Nadette was interested, even before the island outing... or, possibly, seeing Atsali in a swimsuit may have been what really settled matters for her.

So, was is the Siren's song, or the Siren's thong? (OK, her bikini bottom wasn't quite a thong, but close enough).
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Just had a thought. What if the "Finding Random Things In Atsali's Cleavage" is only something Castela can do?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Cue background music, "My Humps"...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

• "I saw a box of cookies in here! Here it is!"
  • *faints*
  • not wearing a bra
No way this can come out good ... but it should be hilarious.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I see two possibilities. Possibly, Nadette was incorrect in saying that her nature as a Seer makes her immune to all magic.
She said it protects her from "all kinds of magic". However, "protect" doesn't necessarily mean "make immune", and "all kinds" might or might not literally mean each and every kind - "I'm in all kinds of trouble" usually actually leaves out quite a few kinds of trouble.

She did immediately follow on with explaining that people who have strong feelings for Atsali will be immune. Perhaps that's the true explanation of why Atsali's song didn't affect her.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

kingklash wrote:Just had a thought. What if the "Finding Random Things In Atsali's Cleavage" is only something Castela can do?
It's Castela's superpower...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Nadette, you'll regret not hitting 'Record.' If you didn't do it before, better do it now. :lol:
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

But but cookies.. Teenage boys just love cookies
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Atomic wrote:Cue background music, "My Humps"...
Better than "Anaconda".
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:So, perhaps, Nadette IS interested in Atsali "that way"?
We've been talking about that for awhile... I started speculating about it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1746#p38864

I'd say its a good bet that Nadette has a bit of a crush on Atsali judging from her expression when staring at Atsali's butt and fainting at the mention of Atsali not wearing a bra.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Maybe there is no magical immunity to a Siren when Skyping.
Her magical influence is absent, so the immunity doesn't kick in?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Looks like Kath needs to have a serious talk with a certain whatsit about boundaries.
You said "boobies!"
"YOU said it first, stinkweed!!" :x
jayessell wrote:Maybe there is no magical immunity to a Siren when Skyping.
Her magical influence is absent, so the immunity doesn't kick in?
Atsali isn't actively using her siren ability. Even if she were, maybe it wouldn't work over Skype either.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Dave wrote: Possibly, Nadette was incorrect in saying that her nature as a Seer makes her immune to all magic.
Actually, she said that it WASN'T her Seer immunity that was protecting her from the siren song.

Edit: Just noticed the "Oh my". I consider this a statement in of it's self.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Dave wrote:
Well, it sorta does look that way. I see two possibilities. Possibly, Nadette was incorrect in saying that her nature as a Seer makes her immune to all magic. Atsali's Siren influence may have worked on her... just delayed. The parts of her which are outside of the normal world-time may have been affected, but only well after exposure.
Nadette's actions do seem to be different from her interactions with Atsali in the past.

From memory, Nadette said something like she is resistant to magic because "not all of me is in the now to be affected"? (someone needs to check the quote :p)

"not all" = "some" which I take to mean *some* of Nadette *was* in the now and *was* partially affected but kept herself under control through willpower or some-such thing.

Perhaps Nadetteis still partially affected by Atsali's song and wasn't concentrating on keeping herself controlled? How long does a Siren's Song effect last (without getting a faceful of ocean to snap you out if it?)

also, the Nadette [or or one of?] 'not in the now from when Atsali sung her Siren's Song' might be today's Nadette and perhaps is getting an extra [delayed?] dose of the song?

completely off topic: I wonder if for Halloween Nadette is going to dress up as Mrs Evadne Cake?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

ps: one way and/or the other, today's page does suggest that Nadette is a 'butt's' person ;)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones