Not Wearing A Bra - 2014-10-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Not Wearing A Bra - 2014-10-27

Post by Grantwhy »

went and got Nadette's quote
Nadette wrote:Also, being a seer protects me from all kinds of magic. Not all of me is in the now to be affected"
It should be pointed out that "protects me from all kinds of magic" does not mean 'protects me from all of magic' so it is possible Nadette can be affected by Atsali's Siren Song.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

I assume everyone here is familiar with the term closet key?

Atsali could be that one girl that Nadette wouldn't mind going gay for. ;)
bunny

Post by bunny »

MerchManDan wrote:Looks like Kath needs to have a serious talk with a certain whatsit about boundaries.
Castela just love crawling inside all kind of containers.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I think Castela is overplaying that Victoria's Secret Compartment gag.

... or was Atsali planning on sneaking a snack to bed?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

What would it mean if that box of cookies was labeled 'Cookies' but
had no manufacturer name, list of ingredients, serving suggestion
or UPC code?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

oldmanmickey wrote:But but cookies.. Teenage boys just love cookies
No girl will ever need cookies to entice a teenage boy into where Pickle is.

Has Pickle joined a Trekie Fan club? She is going where no man has gone before?

I know it's a tribble pun.

Drops a tricorder into the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I rather doubt this:

Much less the Rump version. It is possible to appreciate something without desiring it. There's a difference between liking elephants and wanting one for your own!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Well, Atomic, I agree with you that there are no master closet-keys. Any one such key fits only certain closets, and some closets don't even have doors. Yeah, that last part overextends the metaphor a bit...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

How about this: the reason Nadette knew that people who really cared for Atsali would be unaffected was NOT because of her seer abilities.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:How about this: the reason Nadette knew that people who really cared for Atsali would be unaffected was NOT because of her seer abilities.
Yeah, that could well be the case.

There seemed to be a general sense here in the Forum that the hearts seen floating around Nadette when Atsali took off to go home, indicated Nadette's sisterly affection for Berdine. This may have been a misinterpretation.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Grantwhy wrote:went and got Nadette's quote
Nadette wrote:Also, being a seer protects me from all kinds of magic. Not all of me is in the now to be affected"
It should be pointed out that "protects me from all kinds of magic" does not mean 'protects me from all of magic' so it is possible Nadette can be affected by Atsali's Siren Song.
Its possible that instead of making her immune that it could spread the effects across a time acting like a time release capsule stopping an overdose but keeping the suggestion active at a lower level. So instead of having complete control like with Berdine you have a gradual accumulation with Nadette. If it accents already existing inclinations would be even stronger.

I am also wondering if our little Pickle has found an rift down in the cleavage like Doctor Whos telephone booth. That would explain all the things she has found there.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Grantwhy wrote:completely off topic: I wonder if for Halloween Nadette is going to dress up as Mrs Evadne Cake?
No - she'd never qualify as a small.

Maybe even a large.

(Of course, she could morph, come to think.)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:I am also wondering if our little Pickle has found an rift down in the cleavage like Doctor Whos telephone booth. That would explain all the things she has found there.
There's an anime (the trope image, last i looked ... let's see ... yep) where a girl reaches into Victoria's Secret Compartment and pulls out a full-size rocket launcher. Can't remember which it is, though. (Ah! Giant Robo)

They used to have a link to a GIF of the sequence...

=====

Ah ha!

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
as363

Post by as363 »

That's certainly not shooting from the hip. (Drops am original Unwrapped boxed set of Roy Rodgers guns and holsters in the Jar.
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:I am also wondering if our little Pickle has found an rift down in the cleavage like Doctor Whos telephone booth. That would explain all the things she has found there.
Of all the remarks that Atsali might hear Pickle say, "It's larger on the inside!" would probably not be one of which Atsali would be terribly fond.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:There seemed to be a general sense here in the Forum that the hearts seen floating around Nadette when Atsali took off to go home, indicated Nadette's sisterly affection for Berdine.
Let the records show that I did not interpret the hearts that way. (my lack of comment upon them in the relevant discussion thread notwithstanding ;) )
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

well! :D the latest spinnerette has a family resemblance... :P :)
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

ok, someone needs to update http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hammerspace (or what other explanation is there for so much space?)

EDIT: oh, i never saw http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ompartment before.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder how much sex (in the chromosomal-determined sense) and gender matters amongst shapeshifters?
Sidhekin wrote:I think Castela is overplaying that Victoria's Secret Compartment gag.

... or was Atsali planning on sneaking a snack to bed?
Or it fell in there and she didn't notice/forgot about it? Or there's a whole society lurking down within there, with agriculture and manufacturing technology advanced enough to bake cookies and box them up?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:There's an anime (the trope image, last i looked ... let's see ... yep) where a girl reaches into Victoria's Secret Compartment and pulls out a full-size rocket launcher. Can't remember which it is, though. (Ah! Giant Robo
Tch, Bud has that beat. She pulled two full-sized people out of her sun-dress, and once burped up an entire market's worth of bananas.

Hmm, there's no reason I can see why Castela couldn't do that sort of thing as well, though to a more limited degree than Bud can do. She could make a space in her torso by shifting her vines about, and then stash stuff inside. It would probably make a visible increase in her body's volume and definitely make one in her mass, but could still work. She could even possibly wrap herself around an entire person: imagine her and Katherine collaborating on a Halloween costume by having Mama wear her and appearing as a nine-foot-tall hulk in a sort of sentient powered spiky armour suit.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Catawampus wrote:Bud ... once burped up an entire market's worth of bananas.
We never have gotten a good explanation for Bud's hatch. Not merely why she has one, but why Jin and Brandi apparently don't. We may never know.

But the banana sequence is hilarious.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.