Call Baby Unicorns 2014-10-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Call Baby Unicorns 2014-10-20

Post by Dave »

Atsali looks so crestfallen!

I suppose that "My secret power... doesn't work!" isn't the most exciting news Castela has ever heard. :)
Akamar

Re: Call Baby Unicorns 2014-10-20

Post by Akamar »

I know, right? What kinda big sister power is that? "it won't work on you" is better than being able to call baby unicorns? Pfft.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Awwwwww... leave it for lil sis to throw a wet towel over it... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Oh, yeah. Nothing like a younger sibling to deflate you ... and fast.

I hear that dynamic with Maggie and Natalie often enough.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

No unicorns or pegasuses, but earth ponies however...
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
Thor

Post by Thor »

Pickle obviously doesn't recognize the value of good ForF protocols.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I guess "special" is in the eye of the beholder. :| It's OK, Atsali, we know how important this is to you - even if Pickle doesn't.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

shadowinthelight wrote:No unicorns or pegasuses, but earth ponies however...
Like the horse tamer's daughter...

(For those who don't want to listen to a 12-minute ballad, the lyrics. A few bits here and there won't be clear if you aren't familiar with Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover, but you'll get the gist of it nonetheless.)
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

We don't know that she can't.

Only a virgin maiden is able to charm a unicorn.

Give it a try, Atsali!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Pickle don't understand the ramification of that statement. I can also see a major downside to not being able to effect the ones you love, my mother would have given her right arm to not have to tell me to get yup, clean up, don't be late, etc etc.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
illiad

Post by illiad »

she's far too young... and more proof her drawing was a pegasus unicorn!!!! :P :D :P :D

the only way to get 'em moving is 'promises'... :) your toast is ready! its in the shape of a unicorn!! :D We may see a unicorn today! what would he think if you are dirty????
bunny

Post by bunny »

I'm sure that if Castela would think it for moment, she would agree that "it won't works on you" could be one of best news she had heard. Especially before desserts.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jayessell wrote:We don't know that she can't.

Only a virgin maiden is able to charm a unicorn.

Give it a try, Atsali!
By those rules, Castela likely would be able to, too. Though for her it might not be a good idea, seeing as how unicorns and pegasusususes might be grazers or browsers and could decide to nibble.

I wonder if unicorns and pegasusosises are even worth calling for in the Wapsi world; they could actually just be mean-tempered manky ugly critters in reality as opposed to their mythical depiction.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sali thinks there is a lot more to this aspect than there really is. While it is great once you have fallen in love it does nothing for her while the falling in love happens. While love does happen at first sight, it also grows slowly between people. So when does she apply the test? I am sure she is thinking this is a way to see if a person loves me. But when should she give the test? If given too soon she can miss the end result, given too late and she will be hurt. She also cannot do it to guys who might like just like her but not love her. Especially HS boys! After all most HS kids have no idea what they feel, or even what they think!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Castela is still too young to understand Atsali's excitement. For Pickle, boys still have that certain squick factor. ("Eeeeeeeeewwwwww... boys!!!)

I imagine by the time Castela is that cigar chomping seventeen year old Paul has given us a glimpse of, She'll understand what Atsali was on about.

AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:Castela is still too young to understand Atsali's excitement. For Pickle, boys still have that certain squick factor. ("Eeeeeeeeewwwwww... boys!!!)

I imagine by the time Castela is that cigar chomping seventeen year old Paul has given us a glimpse of, She'll understand what Atsali was on about.
Isn't cigar-loving Castela older than seventeen? The shot of her that i recall specifically stated to be seventeen looks younger than that version.

EDIT, some time later: I just checked my file of images, and not only does that image definitely look older than the seventeen-year-old one, i have it as being Castela at 21, which i must have gotten from Paul's title.

Yep - when it was up for sale on eBay, it was titled "Castela Age 21 Both Sides".
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

bunny wrote:I'm sure that if Castela would think it for moment, she would agree that "it won't works on you" could be one of best news she had heard. Especially before desserts.
well castela is far to young to understand those things... 'powers???' 'Nah, they wont what *I* want, so they are LAME!!! :x '
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder if unicorns and pegasusosises are even worth calling for in the Wapsi world; they could actually just be mean-tempered manky ugly critters in reality as opposed to their mythical depiction.
in RHJunior's webcomic "Goblin Hollow" he had some kids in his arcade playing DnD, and he pulled a whopper on one of the girls who thought that Unicorns were all "sweetness and light".... HA!!... he was a grouchy, cigar-smoking S.O.B. police sergeant that had no patience for B.S... the girl was heart-broken... it was Hilarious!!...

Larry Corriea's Monster Hunter International series has something similar to that going on... when Tolkien met with and got inspiration from real-life supernatural entities, he "slightly" changed the backgrounds of some of the characters when he wrote his books... for example, the Elves from Lord of the Rings, all Noble and elegant... yeah, NOT... they are basically inbred "trailer park white trash", and also opposite to how they were portrayed in the LotR series, were the Orcs... THEY were the Noble and upstanding, lawful-good people!
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:Castela is still too young to understand Atsali's excitement. For Pickle, boys still have that certain squick factor. ("Eeeeeeeeewwwwww... boys!!!)

Isn't cigar-loving Castela older than seventeen? The shot of her that i recall specifically stated to be seventeen looks younger than that version.

EDIT, some time later: I just checked my file of images, and not only does that image definitely look older than the seventeen-year-old one, i have it as being Castela at 21, which i must have gotten from Paul's title.

Yep - when it was up for sale on eBay, it was titled "Castela Age 21 Both Sides".
Cringes at my faulty memory... I knew I should have checked before I posted