Nothing Special 2014-10-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Nothing Special 2014-10-17

Post by Grantwhy »

lake_wrangler wrote:Oh, and one more thing: I'm pretty sure Pickle likes sweet confections a lot more than vast, sandy wastelands... (Dessert <> Desert) :P
*cough*

;)

(just read that one and it seemed relevant - meant in the most kind hearted way)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:
zachariah wrote:Monday Kathy comes and asks, "Alright what is going on NOW?"
After a while, mothers tend to cut that down to a simple "Whatever you're doing, stop it." :)
And a while after that, it gets to the point of a very weary mother who noticed a suspicious silence one day. "What are you two doing?" she called out to her quarrelsome children.

A small voice in the distance replied "We're under the porch, mommy, lighting matches with these razor blades we found."

"That's nice," she sighed. "Don't fight."
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Must....Give....Atsali....Desserts........NOT!!!!! :lol:
Ah, We all love her too.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

I guess it is possible that because Atsali's sister is part plant that would protect her from her siren powers and I'm sure she knows that. She will next test someone else that she's sure loves her that isn't supernatural. I think the golem girls are tamper-resistant and even if they didn't love Asali would not fall under her spell. Only Monica can control them.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

testing will commence...
ALERT, ALERT
testing results
catastrophic cascade failure...

And if this test had been a success pickle would be giving are birdbrain their desert...
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Wdot wrote:I guess it is possible that because Atsali's sister is part plant that would protect her from her siren powers and I'm sure she knows that. She will next test someone else that she's sure loves her that isn't supernatural. I think the golem girls are tamper-resistant and even if they didn't love Asali would not fall under her spell. Only Monica can control them.

nope its not supernatural they both love each other regardless of creature type hence why she was testing it on pickle to see if her love from her sister was true love
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:
Wdot wrote:I guess it is possible that because Atsali's sister is part plant that would protect her from her siren powers and I'm sure she knows that. She will next test someone else that she's sure loves her that isn't supernatural. I think the golem girls are tamper-resistant and even if they didn't love Asali would not fall under her spell. Only Monica can control them.

nope its not supernatural they both love each other regardless of creature type hence why she was testing it on pickle to see if her love from her sister was true love
next up MOM....and her 6 souls oh this will be fun to see which soul hates her
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Grantwhy wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Oh, and one more thing: I'm pretty sure Pickle likes sweet confections a lot more than vast, sandy wastelands... (Dessert <> Desert) :P
*cough*

;)

(just read that one and it seemed relevant - meant in the most kind hearted way)
I think I was right. Pickle still believes in Sandy Claws!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"If you fail 100 times before you succeed, then you have learned 101 things."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

The neat thing about pure science done right is that there is no failure. Either you get supporting evidence that you've figured something out, which is good - or you learn something new, which is even better.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Grantwhy wrote:
*cough*

;)

DARN YOU! DARN YOU TO HECK! Now I have yet another comic to follow! :evil:

:P ;) 8-) :D :lol:

Heh, it was amusing to see that it was today's comic, yet it fit so well with the conversation. Also, I liked the French Phonics Legion... :D
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Come to think of it, it's nice to see that Castela has toned down on the swearing...
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Heh, it was amusing to see that it was today's comic, yet it fit so well with the conversation. Also, I liked the French Phonics Legion... :D
Today's Partially Clips is another bomb dropped into the same smoking crater :)
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

zachariah wrote:Pickle as a test subject is questionable.
I'm not sure about that; the other posters have a good point that little siblings are natural test subjects for half-baked schemes. :D
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Catawampus wrote:You mean that while Atsali was performing her magic trick, there was a plant in the audience?!
Are you kidding? You do realize we're talking about Castela, right? The thorn plant, daughter of the wood, a Whatsit (a mix of animal and vegetal components)?
*cough*

I'm guessing that you're not all that familiar with magic shows or political agitation.

Or I was just being too obscure again.

Maybe a bit of both.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Catawampus wrote:You mean that while Atsali was performing her magic trick, there was a plant in the audience?!
Are you kidding? You do realize we're talking about Castela, right? The thorn plant, daughter of the wood, a Whatsit (a mix of animal and vegetal components)?
*cough*

I'm guessing that you're not all that familiar with magic shows or political agitation.
You'd be right, there.
Catawampus wrote:Or I was just being too obscure again.
Well, if Shelly can call herself dense, and the queen of dimwits, I can surely call myself equally dense, and the king of dimwits... It would appear I have been rather unobservant in my posts, lately... (In other words, as Monica once said, it's not you, it's me... :P )
Catawampus wrote:Maybe a bit of both.
I won't tell a soul if you don't... ;)