So Cute 2014-10-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
scantrontb

Re: So Cute 2014-10-03

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:Oh, the indignity!

Just remember, Monica... Dietzel is now just the right size to sneak into your wardrobe, and deposit a small but unpleasant "gift" in one of the cups of your $350 bra. You really should not overdo the cuteadoration thing here... even the most reasonable and well-tempered dog should not be pushed too far!
if he can open normal sized doors when he's normal sized, he doesn't HAVE to be "small" to get into her wardrobe... and it would be worse then, though i REALLY don't see him ever doing that...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

cmdrpowers wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Did you miss "Hymenopteran-themed", or did I miss yet another reference?
That would be Janet Van Dyne- otherwise known as the Wasp! 8-)
... and here I thought it would be Henry "Hank" Pym, otherwise known as Ant Man and Yellowjacket (among other, non-Hymenopteran-themed aliases) ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sidhekin wrote:
zachariah wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Well, at least she managed to restrain herself from acting in similar fashion when she first saw micro-sized Calista. That would have been even more embarrassing.

Hmmm, Dietzel is also the Bumbling Bumblebee. . .isn't there some other Hymenopteran-themed comic superhero who has size changing as a power?
Probably thinking of the Atom from DC. He could change his size, weight, and mass. Was able to shrink to sub atomic size.
Did you miss "Hymenopteran-themed", or did I miss yet another reference?
Nope. Ignored it. We have enough fun around here without having to use $40 words to be obscure, or demonstrate the omnipotence of our vocabulary.
While the usage does denote a specific genre of superhero, it also introduce a level of complexity to the question unnecessary to the scope of the inquisition put forth. I could also say that it's use bugged me but that would be going to far. After all I don't want to Ovipositor them on.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Or Ant-Man...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I am fully expecting Cricket's counter-curse to miss tiny Deitzel and zap the spider instead.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Aleister Crow wrote:I am fully expecting Cricket's counter-curse to miss tiny Deitzel and zap the spider instead.
One hopes there are exceptions to the square-cube law in the Wapsiverse, then.

An exo-skeletal critter that got enlarged in that sort of proportions would likely squish under its own weight.

Certainly its legs wouldn't be able to support it.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

So. Very. Awesome.

Dietzel could look on the bright side...a large pizza will go SO much farther now...
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

I hope Monica didn't squash Squee thinking it was just a run of the mill spider.
Vive la weird!
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

JSStryker wrote:I hope Monica didn't squash Squee thinking it was just a run of the mill spider.
I never heard of a Mill spider. :lol:
Also....IMHO I think Dietzel is on his way to becoming the 'Snoopy' of the 21st Century.
Plus come Monday I think we'll see Monica maybe upset with "Cricket"(I can't help myself thats such a cute nickname) but once Monica sees how well Cricket took care of Dietzel she'll be gentle.
Goth Wolf

Post by Goth Wolf »

Dietzel's a sub woofer
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Goth Wolf wrote:Dietzel's a sub woofer
We Have A Winner!

Please pay the Pun Jar on the way out. Thank you!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jwhouk wrote:My Little Dietzel!
Naturally, my mind promptly goes there:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

OK, no Friday cliff hanger. And Monica is unlikely to take Dietzel's condition that lightly.

Conclusion -- End of chapter. Tune in next week for the next story arc.

Who will it center on? Atsali? The GGs? Kathryn? Monica? Shelly (and Phix's face palm)? Tina? The vampires?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
as363

Post by as363 »

My2Cents wrote:OK, no Friday cliff hanger. And Monica is unlikely to take Dietzel's condition that lightly.

Who will it center on? Atsali? The GGs? Kathryn? Monica? Shelly (and Phix's face palm)? Tina? The vampires?

Or none of the above.. Just saying
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

as363 wrote:
My2Cents wrote:OK, no Friday cliff hanger. And Monica is unlikely to take Dietzel's condition that lightly.

Or none of the above.. Just saying
Perhaps they go visit the Duke in Merryville?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Hanineal

Post by Hanineal »

Catawampus wrote:Well, at least she managed to restrain herself from acting in similar fashion when she first saw micro-sized Calista. That would have been even more embarrassing.

Hmmm, Dietzel is also the Bumbling Bumblebee. . .isn't there some other Hymenopteran-themed comic superhero who has size changing as a power?
Yes, I thought of the Wasp and Ant-Man (hopefully to be in a new Marvel movie soon).
What happens in the lab needs to stay in the lab... because it's such a bloody drag to have to rebuild civilization all over again.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

as363 wrote: Or none of the above.. Just saying
as363, what are you "just saying?"

:P :mrgreen:
eee

Post by eee »

Archie Comics' The Fly / Flyman, at his peak, could do anything any insect could do, to an infinite degree. Somehow both he and his female counterpart Fly-Girl could use that power to become as tall as skyscrapers or shrink to microscopic size.

Eventually they both lost those abilities and went back to being just able to fly.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

My2Cents wrote:Conclusion -- End of chapter. Tune in next week for the next story arc.

Coming up next in Wapsi Square: over four hundred new comics focusing on the intricacies of spider society!
Hanineal wrote:Yes, I thought of the Wasp and Ant-Man (hopefully to be in a new Marvel movie soon).
Yes, I think that those were the ones I was thinking of.
eee wrote: Archie Comics' The Fly / Flyman, at his peak, could do anything any insect could do, to an infinite degree.
That could lead to some weird storylines.

"Ultra stinkbug powers, activate!"

"Take that, Doctor Darkness! Your nefarious plot to envelop the world in darkness has been foiled by my amazing glowing glutes!"

"Watch as I use my super mosquito skills to drain this human body of blood in 8.6 seconds!"
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Grumpy Dog.