Camel Spider Food 2014-10-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Camel Spider Food 2014-10-02

Post by DilyV »

CAMEL SPIDERS!!!!! EEEEK!!!! Those things are EEEEEEEVIL!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Re: Camel Spider Food 2014-10-02

Post by Dave »

Invoking arachnophobia on the large scale! (Yes, I realize camel spiders aren't really spiders)

Yeah, DilyV, I think Paul may have been trolling the Forum for phobias again. Yours, in particular! :twisted:

EDIT: and this is the first official confirmation about something that various bright folks have speculated about; cookies are in order! The cheerleaders who humilated Calista were mermaids. This could account for the rather stark reactions of Jessie and Krystal when they first saw Calista... they could have heard about her through the sea-grape vine, and knew just what she had done to People Like Them.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Camel spiders, scorpions and spiders are fairly closely related, about as close as we are to the great apes. And CS are nasty enough to be regular spiders... >shudder<
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Not to be confused with a spider camel.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Wow.

Talk about emotional whiplash - Calista's been yanked back and forth so thoroughly in the last couple pages that i'm sure her teeth haven't stopped rattling...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

and now that Monica is in her "Sympathetic, yet Stern but still Pissed OFF Face"... what'll you think will happen NEXT, once she sees Dietzel standing on the bookshelf behind Cricket? THAT'S when she gets REALLY Angry!! and Cricket get's to suffer yet ANOTHER emotional whiplash event, this time with added Concussion from the sudden stop at the end of the ride... I'm sure that once Monica gets calmed down and re-introduces Cricket to her own personal Demons, they are going to have QUITE a bit to say to M about how hard it was to keep up with Monica, in doing their jobs by influencing Cricket in response to M's actions, but because M was going so fast, they couldn't keep up and THAT'S why Cricket currently has that "Doy?, What the heck just happened?!" look on her face right now...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

But now Paul has told us that the Cheerleaders in her old school were mermaids. That would explain her reaction to Jessie being truthful.
Last edited by Mark N on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Thor

Post by Thor »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Wow.

Talk about emotional whiplash - Calista's been yanked back and forth so thoroughly in the last couple pages that i'm sure her teeth haven't stopped rattling...
I know. Pick a method, Monica, and stick with it. I'm beginning to doubt your mental stability.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Mark N wrote:But now Paul has told us that the Cheerleaders in her old school were mermaids. That would enplane her reaction to Jessie being truthful.
?huh? i'm not understanding what point you are trying to make... could you rephrase the question?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Actually it is going to be a double whiplash event:
  1. What did you do to Dietzal Calista!
  2. How did Dietzal get to the Library? (Calista is off the hook.)
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Yeah...Monica starts off all apologetic for being so hard on her and screwing up in how she's treated her so far, then whiplashes back to scary.
"Oh Sweetie I'm Sorry HUG!"
"CAMEL SPIDER FOOD AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT! SCARY FACE!"
Jeez, Monica! Is your grand plan to confuse her to death?
But like you or fear you, Monica,she needs to TRUST you, for you to help her. And right now your actions aren't helping with that.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:Invoking arachnophobia on the large scale! (Yes, I realize camel spiders are't really spiders)

Yeah, DilyV, I think Paul may have been trolling the Forum for phobias again. Yours, in particular! :twisted:
Correct... they are solifugae... more closely related to scorpions. Like the scorpion they have a combined head and thorax and an abdomen, but lack the third section (tail). Though they look like they have ten legs, the fore most pair are actually pedipalps, just really large.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Your not understanding people like my wife and their reaction to spiders or what looks like one. They don't care if its a spider or its first cousin. I'm that way about snakes. live one, dead one, stick that looks like one. Don't matter, destroy it and all objects near it in case it makes a run for it.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

Thor wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Wow.

I know. Pick a method, Monica, and stick with it. I'm beginning to doubt your mental stability.
Yeah, today made me facepalm a bit. It was just sort of a "doggone it, Monica! She ALREADY feels bad..."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:Not to be confused with a spider camel.

Wow... Good thing I checked: I was going to call you on the fact that this was a dromedary (one hump), rather than a camel (two humps), but it turns out that the dromedary IS part of the camel family... Boy, would I have been embarrassed... :roll:
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

When Sis was in the Army, she said the Iraqi bug-life was really gnarly.
s-o

Post by s-o »

kingklash wrote:When Sis was in the Army, she said the Iraqi bug-life was really gnarly.
It is possible that both Australia, Microsoft and the NSA has even worse bugs ...
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

And here we see why Monica doesn't need a partner. She's good cop and bad cop all rolled into one. Plus she's strange cop and tough cop and gentle cop and busty mom-hug cop and top cop as well. Oh, and hot pretzels cop at break time.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Opus the Poet wrote:Camel spiders, scorpions and spiders are fairly closely related, about as close as we are to the great apes. And CS are nasty enough to be regular spiders... >shudder<
Uh, no ...

For starters, we are great apes. But even if you specify "the other great apes", we're talking a common ancestor less than 7 million years ago (about 4 million years if you only consider our closest relatives).

For camel spiders, scorpions and spiders, the last common ancestor was at least 430 million years ago.

Which makes them about as close to each other as we are to goldfish (last common ancestors less than 420 million years ago).

I don't know why people tend to forget, but we really are the new kids on the block.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

kingklash wrote:When Sis was in the Army, she said the Iraqi bug-life was really gnarly.
You mean, they made their own, gnarlier version of A Bug's Life?