Figure It Out 2014-09-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Figure It Out 2014-09-25

Post by Atomic »

ActionKermit, a salute to another fine example of uberfangeekdom so wonderfully and consistently on display throughout the annals that comprise the Wapsi Square forusm!

Well done!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Numunuhs (Comanches): We aren't the most subtle of people, but we usually have a good grasp of the obvious.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Although slower than the Cheetah's 242 mph sprint, the Jaguar can easily hit speeds of 50 mph in two or three strides. The Jaguar is the third biggest Cat in the world behind the Tiger and the Lion and is well known for it's immense power and agility. In fact, the name Jaguar is said to come from the Native American word yaguar which means "he who kills with one leap".

So there's that. . . :shock:

It appears that Monica forgot she could just "poit" to where they are, and took of running out of pure instinct--like a startled cat. . . .aaaand probably on all fours. :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

A mouse can survive a fall from any height uninjured.

A friend of a friend was in Army Command School (or whatever it's called) and a class assignment was to develop- a plan to prosecute biological warfare agains the People's Republic of China.

His plan involved shoving a couple of C-130-loads of mice carrying plague-bearing fleas out the back at high altitude.

The instructor said that the mice would be killed by the fall. He proved otherwise.

He got an "A".

He said later that he was afraid the instructor would catch the problem he hadn't caught before he handed in the paper - the chances were many if not most or all of the mice would be killed by environmental factors at the kind of altitude required to make the plan work.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

KnightDelight wrote:Course I'm also wondering how she will go down that many stories on the spider silk in the first place. It can't be THAT long.
What Calista is doing ballooning, not lowering them on a strand. Ballooning on spider silk is like parachuting.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Dave

Post by Dave »

My2Cents wrote:What Calista is doing ballooning, not lowering them on a strand. Ballooning on spider silk is like parachuting.
Fortunately, there's theme music available for drag-line descents of this sort.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

My sister has a habit of telling you stories about her day, and leaving out important, key facts until much, much later*. I am familiar with how Shelly can just come bopping in and not realize she may have forgot a narrative hook.

*She once was telling me and our brother about what happened at the rest home she was working at, and how one special needs adult didn't want to take his bath. She tried to get him to go with the attendant, but he just kept refusing. He went into a corner and started hitting his head against the wall. Sis was getting upset, the attendant was getting upset, then they found out the guy had his bath earlier that day, and that shift didn't mark it on his schedule. Me and brother were stunned by that, then Sis said, "We just finally pulled his wheelchair away from the wall." Cue sputtering. "You didn't say he was in a wheelchair! You could have just pulled it back first thing! You... You.... -!-"
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I guess this goes to show how important "point of view" and "context" are, when saying anything to anyone...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

well, we still need to find out what Monica is going to DO once she gets to wherever Cricket, Deitzel, and Squee end up at...
is she going to:

A) go to Cricket with an apologetic, "I'm so sorry i scared you so much you wanted to commit suicide" kind of tone followed up with a "why the hell would shrink MY DOG, and take him out with you?!" in a much angrier tone of voice... AAANNDDD... "HOW the heck did he even GET HERE in The Library in the first place??!?"
B) immediately go to Dietzel and ask if he's "OK", then round on Cricket angrily... "WTF did you do to MY DOG!!" and an angry "i don't give a shit about what you feel right now but this has NOTHING to do with my dog getting dragged into this, since i know that YOU would have survived the fall but MY DOG WOULDN'T have!, what the heck were you thinking when you shrunk him... oh, yeah, that's right... you WEREN'T thinking, were you?!! MORE Fae Bullshit... well, i told you once that i can see thru your BS, and that it would NOT go well for you if you tried it on me..."

there are other variations on this theme, but basically, it all boils down to the fact that no matter what attitude Monica is in right NOW, by the time that she meets up with Cricket, she's going to be steaming mad, and say EXACTLY the wrong things at the wrong times again... and repeating my Moxana points bid again, i say that once Cricket finds out that she shrunk "The Jaguar Girls" dog, no amount of talking is ever going to get her to NOT be scared of Monica after this...

yeah, I'm a pessimist, and I'd love for it to work out OK, but i think this is one of the time that it won't... at least right quick-like that is...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Dave wrote:
So then, how will she know where Calista went?
We've seen that Monica's nose can shift to a distinctly cat-like configuration when she goes through a full Jaguar Girl transformation (e.g. when she resurrected in the Library after Phix ripped her face off). Possibly, in Jaguar Girl form, she also acquires a hunting cat's sense of smell, and other tracking abilities? If so, then the familiar scent trace of pizza-infused dog would probably be all she needs.
In theory, Monica could just as the library where Calista and/or Dietzel are?

Not as much 'fun' story wise, but still ... :p
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
So then, how will she know where Calista went?
We've seen that Monica's nose can shift to a distinctly cat-like configuration when she goes through a full Jaguar Girl transformation (e.g. when she resurrected in the Library after Phix ripped her face off). Possibly, in Jaguar Girl form, she also acquires a hunting cat's sense of smell, and other tracking abilities? If so, then the familiar scent trace of pizza-infused dog would probably be all she needs.
Well, we do know that she does have a keener sense of smell, nowadays...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

My2Cents wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Course I'm also wondering how she will go down that many stories on the spider silk in the first place. It can't be THAT long.
What Calista is doing ballooning, not lowering them on a strand. Ballooning on spider silk is like parachuting.
Yeah, and the spider silk used for ballooning is exactly the kind that's known as gossamer. 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
illiad

Post by illiad »

Sidhekin wrote:
My2Cents wrote:
Yeah, and the spider silk used for ballooning is exactly the kind that's known as gossamer. 8-)
before 'metaphors' get mixed up, here is the proper definition... It is not the 'ballooning' OR parachuting that humans do in RL!!
http://www.livescience.com/4142-spiders ... miles.html

gossamer is a definition of a very fine thread, light enough to catch the wind, and carry a very small spider on it..

Calista is **too** heavy for that, she is swinging on a much thicker thread, just like tarzan! :)

BUT!!! :O If this a 'jumping spider'.. they are only about 2cm long or less!... in 'best idea ever' that would mean Calista is about 8cm tall? she shrunk too??
she was up to Dietzels neck, and bull terriers are 45cm tall.. soooooo .. ??
Leak

Post by Leak »

Elvis wrote:One Phix Facepalm equals
Well shucks - I guess they've gone nuclear at 30c3 then...