Did You Hear Something 2014-09-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Did You Hear Something 2014-09-18

Post by Cheesy1 »

Darn these mystical libraries and their numerous corridors that allow small fae to eavesdrop on jaguar girl mentors! :P
kingklash

Re: Did You Hear Something 2014-09-18

Post by kingklash »

Sounds like Cricket is hearing an echo of her own doubts and fears. Then, she'll find out Dietz actually lives with Monica.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Cheesy1 wrote:Darn these mystical libraries and their numerous corridors that allow small fae to eavesdrop on jaguar girl mentors! :P
More like "Curse these magical libraries and their mystical corridors that never lead you to what you want to know, but always lead to what you need to know!"
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm looking at panel four and can't stop imagining Wapsi Square: The Puppet Show.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yay for Dietzle. Good dog!

ETA I was first but too many people replied to this post, so I deleted my post.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Coming up: Dietzel takes Calista by mouth straight to Monica and drops her at M's feet with his best "look what I found" smile and wag!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:I'm looking at panel four and can't stop imagining Wapsi Square: The Puppet Show.
Starring, today only, Dietzel Villarreal in the role of Marion, and Calista Foxglove in the role of Marionette.

Cheese and crackers will be served after the performance, when Cricket realizes that Monica isn't the muenster she feared and isn't going to edam all up. Everyone will sit down for a nice snack, and sing "Come together, right now, over brie."

(Places a nice rich fondue into the Pun Pot... err, Jar. Sorry, folks, Wensleydale made me do it.)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Cricket is hearing the all-powerful and terrifying Jaguar Girl confessing to exactly the sort of thing she sees wrong in herself, completely unable to believe that she could do anything right.

"If someone like that is scared of screwing up, then I'm not the only one, ..."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

kingklash wrote:Sounds like Cricket is hearing an echo of her own doubts and fears. Then, she'll find out Dietz actually lives with Monica.
Maybe Bia will interrupt Castela and Dietzel, as she 'just happens' upon them while on a research project assigned by Phix, and ask Castela what she is doing with Monica's dog? Dietzel is going to need someone to introduce him to Phix unless he can contact Monica first! Or maybe Nudge, who might also be the one responsible for the Library vorping Dietzel in.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Not only is this Dietzel's first visit to the library, it appears to be his first encounter with a sphinx, in natural form. I believe that Shelly has always been in human form whenever she has been around Dietzel so as panel four shows this is quite the eye opener.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

My2Cents wrote:
kingklash wrote:Sounds like Cricket is hearing an echo of her own doubts and fears. Then, she'll find out Dietz actually lives with Monica.
Maybe Bia will interrupt Castela and Dietzel, as she 'just happens' upon them while on a research project assigned by Phix, and ask Castela what she is doing with Monica's dog? Dietzel is going to need someone to introduce him to Phix unless he can contact Monica first! Or maybe Nudge, who might also be the one responsible for the Library vorping Dietzel in.
CALISTA!!! 8-)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Nothing that happens in the Library is an accident. I may be late to this particular thought but it stand to reason to me that since it exists outside of time as we know it and they have said it has a record of everything ever wrote then it stand to reason that it has a record of everything that ever will be written as well. Therefore it would know what needed to be done to make the future it already knows about come into being. Also seems to me that they might meet other versions from past or future or even other timelines. Maybe even the cat and bunnie girls from Pauls other comic.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
captnq

Post by captnq »

Well played, Puppy. Well played.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

My2Cents wrote:
Cheesy1 wrote:Darn these mystical libraries and their numerous corridors that allow small fae to eavesdrop on jaguar girl mentors! :P
More like "Curse these magical libraries and their mystical corridors that never lead you to what you want to know, but always lead to what you need to know!"
That... kinda covers it nicely. The Library is a conscious tesseract, it appears.

On Dietzel and Phix? I think they will get along great. They -at least- share one trait: Sphinx and Dog bóth like gnawing on bloody bones.. And Dietzel is a dog. afaik, dogs have no demons in the Wapsi-verse, so nothing to fear from sphinxes..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

oldmanmickey wrote:Nothing that happens in the Library is an accident. I may be late to this particular thought but it stand to reason to me that since it exists outside of time as we know it and they have said it has a record of everything ever wrote then it stand to reason that it has a record of everything that ever will be written as well. Therefore it would know what needed to be done to make the future it already knows about come into being. Also seems to me that they might meet other versions from past or future or even other timelines. Maybe even the cat and bunnie girls from Pauls other comic.
That may not be true with the Library. Being outside of time may just be that it is immune to the flow of time outside, that is why it was not affected by the calendar resets. The future is what has yet to be written so it is not available to even the Library. The events of the Time Forest were not the future impinging on the present but "Present Day Shelly" experiencing the past. The forest timeline moves in reverse is all, sort of like Merlin living backwards in some of the Camelot tales.I do not think that Paul is going to introduce temporal hiccups that would come from otherwise into the comic. The Library has all of the knowledge in the universe and seems to have gained full sentience. Taking Deitzel for this task seems like something that she would do since she would know full well were Calista was sitting and the fact that he is very non threatening and would automatically find Monica. This is just like when she got Katherine and Atsali together. (Yes, I think the Library is female just like its primary guardians).
As for the visits from the other comic, that may be a cute diversion, even if it is just the kids reading them in a book or comic.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

All part of the plan.
Aed wrote:Not only is this Dietzel's first visit to the library, it appears to be his first encounter with a sphinx, in natural form.
Not Quite: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/drunkpower/
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Aed

Post by Aed »

I happily stand corrected. Thank you. :D
illiad

Post by illiad »

more likely Bia will be 'tidying up', and drop a few things, causing Monica to look up... cricket and Monica exchange embarrassed looks..
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Ah, Phix is playing her mind games again.

(pretty sure she did summon Dietzel so our little one can accidentally eavesdrop)

Oh, and i do hope there will be no reveal like Dietzel is really the sun of Cerberus or something like that.
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

As Jurassic Park's "Richard Muldoon" once said (before he was scarfed down with the last packet of instant mash by the raptors)...

"Clever Girl."