Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Re: Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Post by JSStryker »

Thanks to those who posted the strip in which Deitzel was poited with Monica.
Vive la weird!
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:He and "mommy" poited to the woods one winter day between Christmas and New Year's back in 2006.

Edit: DANG IT, LW and Sidehkin!
Ninja'ed by four hours... oh, the burn! ;)

Thanks to all for the pointers to the winter poit. I'd definitely forgotten that incident.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

WOO HOO!!! Dietzel!
Good to see him again.

Now the slow re-appearance of the other (main) characters.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

MerchManDan wrote:
Atomic wrote:Methinks the Library summoned Dietzel to comfort Castella.
I think you mean Calista. ;)
Indeed! What I get for typing too fast...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:Edit: DANG IT, LW and Sidehkin!
Wohoo! I finaly ninja'd someone! :mrgreen:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Personally, I think that once Monica is done being surprised at Dietzel being there (after all, she probably will go looking for Calista), she will introduce him to the fae, and they can sit and have a heart to heart, while Calista hugs/cuddles/hangs on for dear life to Dietzel as a form of reassurance.

From there, Monica may or may not apologize for any part of the session, she may or may not try to explain her method (with varying measures of success), or she may even explain how the case had been presented to her and that she had acted accordingly. She may also throw in the fact that her niece Atsali trusts Calista, and because of that Monica wants Calista to make it.

I think, and certainly hope, that the worst is over, and they can move forward in a profitable mentor/pupil relationship.

Just yesterday, Doubt was telling Monica that she needed to find another angle to get Calista to trust and not fear her. Dietzel may just be that angle: if a "mere" dog is able to trust Monica and not run away in fear, surely a fae can give it a try...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:Should anyone be concerned, that the Library can teleport anyone at will, without any previous consent or forewarning?
Why assume that the Library did it on its own? Remember Eurayle asking for hammer and chisel to chip Nudge out of the lava shell?

I suspect that Monica asked it to bring him there.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:
My2Cents wrote:On the opposite end Monica (and her demons) are probably having words with Calista’s demons about the limits of terror they are permitted, and of limits to the use of tag teaming by multiple demons. In other words, Monica is again having to establish a healthy demon population in a subject.
Doubt it. Monica is probably banging her head against the wall going idiot, idiot, idiot. Or Phix is giving her a dope slap.
And then figuring out why it went wrong was the demons overpowering Calista, instead of influencing her. What they were doing came close to direct action against their host!
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Dave

Post by Dave »

My2Cents wrote:And then figuring out why it went wrong was the demons overpowering Calista, instead of influencing her. What they were doing came close to direct action against their host!
The "rules" may be very different once a person enters his/her own "quantum demon-space". This is apparently very unusual and requires the action of a Jaguar Girl.

Also, the demons didn't actually harm Calista physically - just threatened to restrain her "to keep her safe", and scared the hell out of her. That might not fall into the category of "direct action".
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Elvis wrote:Just remember, he is still hungry ;)
Yes Indeed. Sometimes these encounters do not go well:
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w49 ... 9045ec.jpg
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Elvis wrote:Just remember, he is still hungry ;)
Yes Indeed. Sometimes these encounters do not go well:
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w49 ... 9045ec.jpg
Na, Dietzel's smarter than that - I think the most that will happen is a good solid tongueblapping, kinda like I get on a regular basis. :)
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

While I'm not sure of its actual relevance to this situation, I would like to point out that Dietzel, for all his faithful companionship, has never treated Monica with anything that could be considered fawning respect or pet-like devotion. He's been a house mate and confidant, and while dependent on Monica for his livelihood, always remained his own person and not beholding to her.
Indeed, he's been rather sarcastic at time.
His introduction to Calista now may be to de-demonize Monica and present her in a more "nerd girl" or less "awesome" light.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Aed wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:... Panel Two: Is Paul a fan of Strike Witches? ...
I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about until I looked up Strike Witches and saw an image of the Neuroi.

For others as clueless as I (or nearly so), Funimation has uploaded two seasons of Strike Witches on YouTube.
Be aware that you will see continuous pantie shots of teenaged girls.
Not really. In the first five minutes of episode 1, there were at least 15 seconds of no panties visible.

(I quit at that point.)

Does it seem odd that either a school or a military force, let alone both, would put 16-year-old girls in uniforms that reach from the neck to about six inches below the waist? With skirts, not shorts?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:Does it seem odd that either a school or a military force, let alone both, would put 16-year-old girls in uniforms that reach from the neck to about six inches below the waist? With skirts, not shorts?
I've always wondered about that... and until just a few years ago, I had never seen anyone wear anything close to that short... Then one day, coming out of the subway, a young lady of Asian persuasion was actually wearing a skirt that short! I couldn't believe it. That looks so impractical, to me...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:Should anyone be concerned, that the Library can teleport anyone at will, without any previous consent or forewarning?
Why assume that the Library did it on its own? Remember Eurayle asking for hammer and chisel to chip Nudge out of the lava shell?

Euryale, as far as we know, does not poit. Therefore, she had to get the library to help. On the other hand, we know that Monica can not only poit herself, but poit things from a distant place to where she is. Why would she ask the library to teleport Dietzel, when she could do it herself quite adequately?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Warrl wrote:Does it seem odd that either a school or a military force, let alone both, would put 16-year-old girls in uniforms that reach from the neck to about six inches below the waist? With skirts, not shorts?
I've always wondered about that... and until just a few years ago, I had never seen anyone wear anything close to that short... Then one day, coming out of the subway, a young lady of Asian persuasion was actually wearing a skirt that short! I couldn't believe it. That looks so impractical, to me...
I can see rebellious teenagers dressing in that fashion... but rebellious teenagers don't define school or military uniforms. (And for that matter, even if they did, wearing the prescribed uniform is not rebellious.)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

lake_wrangler wrote:
I saw a image the other day depicting a male dressed in similar attire to what the females wear in both games and anime. After quickly acknowledging the person had a very valid point i spent and hour dousing my brain with bleach wiping it out. Women are without a doubt treated more as sex objects in such and it is a case of do as i say not as i do when you call people on it. Now having said that there is nothing that gives me more joy and pleasure than the female form but i am tired of people telling me that is a military uniform or that is Armour. No its not, its geek boy homage. Don't stop just tell it like it is.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

The Strike Witches have to be bare legged to use the striker units, and a skirt would be' I suppose, impractical.

Somewhere' I've got a mash-up drawing of Kiki (she of the Delivery Service) using striker units instead of her broom for a delivery that absolutely positively etc.

She's still wearing her long skirt, but her underwear is still getting a pretty good wiring out.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

lake_wrangler wrote:

Euryale, as far as we know, does not poit. Therefore, she had to get the library to help. On the other hand, we know that Monica can not only poit herself, but poit things from a distant place to where she is. Why would she ask the library to teleport Dietzel, when she could do it herself quite adequately?
This is true.

It might have been Phix. I wouldn't be surprised if she were monitoring this mentoring session, to see how her pupil did. And when things went bad, stepped in to give Monica a helping paw...
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

I sympathize with both Monica and Cricket here. They are both being knocked around by forces beyond them. Monica probably needed to play the power card, but she was a several seconds late in recognizing the need to go soft. Word on the street is being licked in the face by a dog can be comforting. Being a cat person I don't understand it, but perhaps it is what Cricket needs.