Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
KnightDelight

Re: Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Post by KnightDelight »

themadkansan wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Elvis wrote:Just remember, he is still hungry ;)
Yes Indeed. Sometimes these encounters do not go well:
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w49 ... 9045ec.jpg
Na, Dietzel's smarter than that - I think the most that will happen is a good solid tongueblapping, kinda like I get on a regular basis,. :)
Yes, she will probably get the hint that he is just a dog about the time he gives her a good tongue-bath, probably lifting her off her feet in the process. OTOH, Our resident trickster gave Shelly quite a good tongue-kiss upon her return from Always Always Land, so that may not necessarily be indicative of the being's IQ or sentience level around there.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DoctorOverlord

Post by DoctorOverlord »

Yay! Great to see Dietzel again :D

Great strategy Mon!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

oldmanmickey wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Warrl wrote:Does it seem odd that either a school or a military force, let alone both, would put 16-year-old girls in uniforms that reach from the neck to about six inches below the waist? With skirts, not shorts?
I've always wondered about that... and until just a few years ago, I had never seen anyone wear anything close to that short... Then one day, coming out of the subway, a young lady of Asian persuasion was actually wearing a skirt that short! I couldn't believe it. That looks so impractical, to me...
I saw a image the other day depicting a male dressed in similar attire to what the females wear in both games and anime. After quickly acknowledging the person had a very valid point i spent and hour dousing my brain with bleach wiping it out. Women are without a doubt treated more as sex objects in such and it is a case of do as i say not as i do when you call people on it. Now having said that there is nothing that gives me more joy and pleasure than the female form but i am tired of people telling me that is a military uniform or that is Armour. No its not, its geek boy homage. Don't stop just tell it like it is.
Actually, while fan service and cultural tradition have lot to do with it, the short skirts and underwear views of Japanese anime and manga actually go back to their early copying of Walt Disney animation. It was easier to animate "rubber hose" arms and legs so figure torsos were drawn to not have elements that would need to move when the character did. That's why Mickey had short pants that his legs stuck out of and Minnie had frilly panties that her legs stuck out of in a similar manner and her skirt was just a fringe that ran around her waist. A lot of other early animation characters are like this, even Betty Boop's very short skirt precluded having to animate it moving with her legs with all her dance numbers.

The Japanese animators followed everything Disney did as the word of god, hence the reason for the big eyed waif look. And they also adopted short pants/skirts for characters that would be animated a lot to save on art work (or conversely put them in robes that never showed legs and arms). This tradition can be traced from the earliest manga and anime through the current day, including Speed Racer and Sailor Moon as examples or perhaps the original Metropolis if you've seen the manga.

Short skirts and visible panties are not just because of male orientation, they are often seen in female orientated work as well because it is expected from those types of anime.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Aed

Post by Aed »

ShirouZhiwu wrote:...Word on the street is being licked in the face by a dog can be comforting. ...

Observe dogs long enough and you will not be quite so eager to be licked in the face -- or anywhere else for that mater.