Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Aed wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:... Panel Two: Is Paul a fan of Strike Witches? ...
I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about until I looked up Strike Witches and saw an image of the Neuroi.

For others as clueless as I (or nearly so), Funimation has uploaded two seasons of Strike Witches on YouTube.
Be aware that you will see continuous pantie shots of teenaged girls.

===========

Two seasons is about all there is - i think there's a feature-length thing and an OVA.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Aed

Post by Aed »

I noticed. I'm guessing that the fan service will not be any worse than Negima! Magister Negi Magi

:D
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

He's visiting now.

His mission, if he decides to accept it, is to explain who Monica really is. Possibly to Monica herself.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Aed wrote:
I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about until I looked up Strike Witches and saw an image of the Neuroi.

For others as clueless as I (or nearly so), Funimation has uploaded two seasons of Strike Witches on YouTube.
Thanks for giving me something else to load into my time waster bookmark folder...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Aed wrote:

Thanks for giving me something else to load into my time waster bookmark folder...
All episodes are available at AFtv along with Girls and Panzers. And if that doesn't cure you of cute Japanese school girls and WWII themes nothing will.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

you and me both, one of my weakness, anime.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Just remember, he is still hungry ;)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dietzel has been summoned as a protective figure that is not intimidated by demons (After all this time with Monica he better be used to them by now!). As such he can teach Calista not to fear them.

On the opposite end Monica (and her demons) are probably having words with Calista’s demons about the limits of terror they are permitted, and of limits to the use of tag teaming by multiple demons. In other words, Monica is again having to establish a healthy demon population in a subject.

As far as Calista being afraid of a dog, she is in The Library where the ground rules do not allow violence by visitors (Phix is the resident Librarian, not a visitor) so she feels safe if she has time to think. Probably a significant percentage of the students at the school are of carnivorous descent, so that would not be a factor. And remember, she is near the top of the food chain, there are very few entities that would survive if she lashes out, that gives her a certain confidence in dealing with strangers and strange animals, except most fae probably aren't that polite.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Gotta say, I'm surprised no one's mentioned how this is the first time in quite awhile we've seen Dietzel. Personally I was quite excited to see him again.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yay Dietzel!! :mrgreen: Finally, a character that can bring some sense into this mess - HOLY TRANSPORTER ACCIDENT, Bibliothiki!! :shock:

Oh wait - that's Crickets actual size. My bad. :oops:
Atomic wrote:Methinks the Library summoned Dietzel to comfort Castella.
I think you mean Calista. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hmm.. me thinks Monica had a good idea. Dietzel knows how to listen, and is goodness itself. Who better to comfort a sad fairy?

Dietzel is obviously not in on the plan though...

Ohhh.. waittaminute. "Vorpp" is not "poit".. Bibliotheki acting on it's own???
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:I can't recall his ever having been poited around before, although he's certainly seen enough people come and go to be somewhat used to it.
I won't look for the link, but he has been poited before. I forget where they went (the park, perhaps?), but Monica hugged him and said to hang on...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Should anyone be concerned, that the Library can teleport anyone at will, without any previous consent or forewarning?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Dave wrote:I can't recall his ever having been poited around before, although he's certainly seen enough people come and go to be somewhat used to it.
I won't look for the link, but he has been poited before. I forget where they went (the park, perhaps?), but Monica hugged him and said to hang on...
Yeah, I remember that. Out of the park, I think ... ah, no, out of the woods: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/gimmeahug/

... oh, hang on, this is not the trivia thread? 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I think there is sufficient evidence to show that the Library can do whatever it feels is necessary at any time.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

davids4250 wrote:I think there is sufficient evidence to show that the Library can do whatever it feels is necessary at any time.
OF course it can. The library has become the ultimate source for anything that needs to be done, explained, or revealed in Wapsiverse. I congratulate Paul for making it available to all of us.

Anything he needs done can come out of the library and we will accept it as gospel truth. After all the library contains all the written knowledge of earth. It has it's own transportation system. The main system is self aware and capable of taking action on its own. It has its own support staff and minions and is supported by MIB. Heck it can even keep titans under control and it is outside time.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

My2Cents wrote:Dietzel has been summoned as a protective figure that is not intimidated by demons (After all this time with Monica he better be used to them by now!). As such he can teach Calista not to fear them.
Close but I think he is there because he can listen. That has been what he has done for Monica from the start. He's there while she pours out her problems, troubles, and other feelings that she needs to get out. He will offer advice but mostly he just listens. He can offer the same service to Cricket and she won't feel threatened by him. The way she address him shows she thinks he is another library user. To her he is not a dog but a intelligent being. She doesn't talk to him as a pet, or a dog. Being Fae she probably has a lot of experience with beings whose form is like an animal. She probably will talk with him and hear his thoughts in reply if he offers any. The next few strips will be very interesting.

He is also non threatening to Cricket. I doubt she fears any animal and probably has made many of them her friends. After all I doubt she have any Fae friends her age after being isolated as she was.
My2Cents wrote:On the opposite end Monica (and her demons) are probably having words with Calista’s demons about the limits of terror they are permitted, and of limits to the use of tag teaming by multiple demons. In other words, Monica is again having to establish a healthy demon population in a subject.
Doubt it. Monica is probably banging her head against the wall going idiot, idiot, idiot. Or Phix is giving her a dope slap.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Otpu

Post by Otpu »

Cricket may not realize Dietzel is a dog. The only dogs she's likely to be familiar with are the hounds used in the Great Hunt.
Given the usual casual sociopathy of the Fae Court she may have never seen a true pet before.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:He certainly took it well... better than a lot of human-type people would have. I can't recall his ever having been poited around before, although he's certainly seen enough people come and go to be somewhat used to it.
He and "mommy" poited to the woods one winter day between Christmas and New Year's back in 2006.

Edit: DANG IT, LW and Sidehkin!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

*food-food-food-food-food-AIR* O.O

Wildcat