Trying To Relax 2014-08-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Trying To Relax 2014-08-26

Post by shadowinthelight »

Vampire + pool boy. I don't think I've seen that one.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Boxilar

Re: Trying To Relax 2014-08-26

Post by Boxilar »

Good to see Suzi and Lily again. I'm guessing they got to the island via Library * VORP*.

Edit; Follow up thought. In yesterday's strip, Jet, a mostly vanilla human is completely at ease with Monica, who in turn is one of the most powerful and feared paranormals on earth.

Poor Lily, on the other hand, is terrified of Monica and her friends to the point of being physically ill.

It's interesting that Monica has had both of these worldviews based entirely on what she knew about the people she hung around with.

Lily has been around long enough to have the knowledge and the highly refined sense of self preservation to be afraid.

Jet knows about as much as Monica did when the Golem Girls showed up.

I wonder how long that will last.
Last edited by Boxilar on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Lily is such a downer... She just sucks the fun out of a conversation...

*Drops a first edition Dracula by Bram Stoker into the pun jar*
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I wish Lily didn't smoke. It looks bad.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Ah! Vignettes of our lovely ladies having some Down Time.

THEN THE OTHER SHOE DROPS!!! AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!

*ahem* Sorry.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Looks like Suzie nabbed Lilly just before she had a game of pool. :lol: Oh, boy.

*One gallon of brain bleach to the pun jar.
Last edited by Aed on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I wish Lily didn't smoke. It looks bad.
Probably why she does it. It can't hurt her, since she's already dead, and she knows it pisses people off.

Our Lily is a good person at heart, but she's very cynical, and is feeling like she got tossed in the deep end way over her head. The irony is, she has that in common with Monica. To bad she's terrified of the Jaguar Girl and isn't likely to compare notes.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

shadowinthelight wrote:Vampire + pool boy. I don't think I've seen that one.
Try vamp + pool boy.

Go on, google it. 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

♪♪♪ Skipping over the ocean like a stone ... ♪♪♫♪
So, is this catchup week? Bounce around to the various players to bring things up to date in preparation for a new story line? Glad I kept my neck brace on. Enjoying the ride though!

Who knew Suzi was such a C-Block. I thought she was the good time girl. Turns out Lily is the cougar, ready to spread the fun to well endowed young men. No doubt he missed out on a good time as well. One, he may never know about unless she-who-must-be-serviced pounces on him soon after getting back. OTOH, such a well packaged worker may already have more offers than he knows what to do with as it is. Lily's gaunt features and smokers breath could be a real turn off and he may reject her overtures. That is, assuming he is not into sock puppets and it's all just show.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Oh no, not gonna happen. Thats the same tone of voice my daddy used when we was taking the dog to the vet. "This is for your own good." I aint looking that up on google.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote:
Probably why she does it. It can't hurt her, since she's already dead, and she knows it pisses people off.

Our Lily is a good person at heart, but she's very cynical, and is feeling like she got tossed in the deep end way over her head. The irony is, she has that in common with Monica. To bad she's terrified of the Jaguar Girl and isn't likely to compare notes.
Lily isn't terrified of Monica. IN awe of but not terrified. She been around long enough to know exactly how other para's regard vampires and treat them. Effectively she is near the bottom of the food chain and has managed to survive 5000 years of being there. That takes some doing doesn't it. So now she looks at the powerful and knows that being small and unnoticed is a good thing. SO she is cautious around the powerful and knows any of them could squash her at any time. But she is not afraid of them as they are NOT actively hunting them. It is like dealing with snakes, or spiders. You know they can bite you so you leave them alone. But if you have to deal with one you know how to do it safely.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

1. Yay perspective!

oldmanmickey wrote:Oh no, not gonna happen. Thats the same tone of voice my daddy used when we was taking the dog to the vet. "This is for your own good." I aint looking that up on google.
Shoes. Lots of shoes.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

I never noticed before that Suzie is a little on the zaftig side, not that it matters I like my ladies with some meat on their bones! ;)
Vive la weird!
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Oh pool boy, if you only knew. . . .

And due to rule 34 I refuse to google the majority of things "suggested".

Learned that one the hard way. All the brain bleach between here and hell can't wash away that . . . :o :shock: :o :oops: ;)
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

We didn't see Lily smoking until she was invited to the island with all the vampire predators. I suspect that she smoked, then quit, and has restarted as a stress response.

Smoking looks bad, but Lily’s attitude makes it look even worse. It is like, having come to the attention of the apex predators of her world, she expects her world to end at any moment, and has let herself go. And her job performance probably reflects it. She needs help.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

meisdadoo wrote:Oh pool boy, if you only knew. . . .

Learned that one the hard way. All the brain bleach between here and hell can't wash away that . . . :o :shock: :o :oops: ;)
Gotta love Rule 34... it has a website you know... lol
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Boxilar wrote:Good to see Suzi and Lily again. I'm guessing they got to the island via Library * VORP*.

Edit; Follow up thought. In yesterday's strip, Jet, a mostly vanilla human is completely at ease with Monica, who in turn is one of the most powerful and feared paranormals on earth.

Poor Lily, on the other hand, is terrified of Monica and her friends to the point of being physically ill.

It's interesting that Monica has had both of these worldviews based entirely on what she knew about the people she hung around with.

Lily has been around long enough to have the knowledge and the highly refined sense of self preservation to be afraid.

Jet knows about as much as Monica did when the Golem Girls showed up.

I wonder how long that will last.
One has known M for a long time, the other was brought to the party by her "boss" after seeing her in a fight to the death with a regeneration afterwards.

i think the first will last longer.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

My2Cents wrote:
We didn't see Lily smoking until she was invited to the island with all the vampire predators. I suspect that she smoked, then quit, and has restarted as a stress response.

Smoking looks bad, but Lily’s attitude makes it look even worse. It is like, having come to the attention of the apex predators of her world, she expects her world to end at any moment, and has let herself go. And her job performance probably reflects it. She needs help.
It seems to me that she really didn't seem to have this attitude until after the Mapimi expedition... She seemed on top of things... large and in charge... and now its like she's waiting for the sword of Damocles to fall... Suzi on the other hand doesn't seem to have lost her joie de Verve... her lust for 'life' (even though she's well, dead.). I guess being kneecapped by your partner, abandoned by your MiB crew, and pretty much left to tie up all the loose ends (the crystal) after the para-norms exited the scene has that effect on a girl. I wonder if Suzi is still storing crystal-thup in her cleavage?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

DilyV wrote:

At least two, in fact.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:

Rule 34 has a lot of things. And most of them you really don't need to know...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous