Coming Soon 2014-08-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Coming Soon 2014-08-22

Post by jwhouk »

SPACE ALIEN CAT GIRLS!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Re: Coming Soon 2014-08-22

Post by Opus the Poet »

Opus the Poet wrote:Grfnbdck! Pbbbbtthhhhhh!
Ninja'd by seconds again. :)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I kinda had a heads-up about it, so ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

And he's drawing Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls now. :)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

I love the idea of Cat Girls- I really do (Hell, I own a well-worn set of SPANC), but please please, please, don't let this new project interfere with keeping up Wapsi Square.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I typed in that URL, my iPad just said the server could not be found...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

http://www.sjgames.com/spanc/
Illustrated by Phil Foglio
And I love Phil's work too, but um...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

GlytchMeister wrote:I typed in that URL, my iPad just said the server could not be found...
Same here.

Which leads me to speculate that the URL is registered, but not set up yet - generally, unregistered URLs seem to lead to "This domain is available" pages.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

More than once, walking up or down stairs in the dark, i have thought there was one more step than there really was.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Alien cat girls, eh? Then they will need a lot more breasts, say, about six more. :oops:
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Does this mean I'll have to get Pocky, Green Tea, and canned coffee for the confusion corner? (We already have Ramen cups in the vending machines.)
Maybe a Pachinko machine?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Aed

Post by Aed »

Timotheus wrote:Does this mean I'll have to get Pocky, Green Tea, and canned coffee for the confusion corner? (We already have Ramen cups in the vending machines.)
Maybe a Pachinko machine?
Don't forget a Goban.

shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Timotheus wrote:Maybe a Pachinko machine?
Then we all be winner! Ha ha ha!
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I typed in that URL, my iPad just said the server could not be found...
Same here.

Which leads me to speculate that the URL is registered, but not set up yet - generally, unregistered URLs seem to lead to "This domain is available" pages.
hey! lets ALL go there at once, and overload their server!!! :D :D :D :roll:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

illiad wrote:hey! lets ALL go there at once, and overload their server!!! :D :D :D :roll:
Yeah! Let's set up a system like Geohash to get the word out about what URL and time for which to converge upon.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Aed wrote:Alien cat girls, eh? Then they will need a lot more breasts, say, about six more. :oops:
Well, they're explicitly aliens, so they probably have an alien culture with alien ways that include an alien numbering system. Thus they could have eight, but it only looks like two to us because they count by fours while we count by ones. Yep. That makes perfect sense.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Hmmm... observation on feline extra-terrestrial culture from "Cat"awampus. Sounds reasonable.

Wonder if Paul has a theme for this quartet's names yet. Look at "Sequential Art" - the designations for the anthropomorphic squirrels from the secret lab where they were developed as a “think tank” - 5C4RL37, 4MB3R, V1OL37 and J4D3 – can be read Leet-style as colors which also serve as feminine names – Scarlet, Amber, Violet and Jade. (Come to think of it, we haven't seen the latter three in quite a while.)
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:Hmmm... observation on feline extra-terrestrial culture from "Cat"awampus. Sounds reasonable.

Wonder if Paul has a theme for this quartet's names yet. Look at "Sequential Art" - the designations for the anthropomorphic squirrels from the secret lab where they were developed as a “think tank” - 5C4RL37, 4MB3R, V1OL37 and J4D3 – can be read Leet-style as colors which also serve as feminine names – Scarlet, Amber, Violet and Jade. (Come to think of it, we haven't seen the latter three in quite a while.)
Which means that after Scarlet gets back from That-Snowy-Place-That-Is-Definitely-Not-Narnia, and Rt, Kat and/or Pip have some misadventure, all squirrel hell is gonna bust loose.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

A long, long time ago I was introduced to a "cat girl" on the bridge of The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, NO A. D or any other letter behind it. I thought she was very cool. My only complaint about that particular series was that it was a measly 30 minutes long, M'ress made that slightly more palatable. So from very young I guess I have been conditioned to like alien cat girls. I'm not going to even mention Selena Kyle from a certain campy series from the 60's. So I am positioned to really like this "coming soon" set of characters. After all "coming soon" The Golem Girls got my attention to read this wonderful stew of a comic containing lotsa interesting and entertaining things.

Somehow I missed FairportFan morphing into AnotherFairportFan, welcome back I had wondered what had happened to you and was hoping you were well. Of course if you had followed convention and been FairportFan2.0 I would have probably caught on sooner, my apologies.

Now is SACG going to be a show on WAPSI or are we going to have an EPIC confrontation between SACG and the Jaguar Girl in a glorious SPACE BATTLE over WORLD DOMINATION!? :lol:
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
donoho

Post by donoho »

I Immediately thought of Final Fantasy Cat Girls.