Do This Together 2014-08-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Re: Do This Together 2014-08-15

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Two for pizza, two for pie... any guesses what Berdine and Jessie are going to have for lunch?

TUNA sushi and PICKANIK BASKETS!
("... but Yogi, Mr. Ranger said..."- "Tell Mr. Ranger to stuff it up his... hey Boo, how come you talk like a hair-lipped pansy?" - "I AM a hair-lipped pansy, Yogi,")
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Aed

Post by Aed »

A pleasant way to end the week and perhaps this part of the story arc.

Paul has put together quite a group of nerds, who probably would do well in an online role playing game. The Secret World (or the Wapsi-verse equivalent) comes to mind, Atsali, loves adventures so any fantasy RPG from sword and sorcery to space opera might suit the group.

My guess of the RP groups duties and functions are:
  • Atsali - DPS (Ranged DPS, some melee DPS, scout, sabotage, self heals with potions or first aid)
  • Berdine - Tank (Get aggro and soaks up damage for the group while being healed by the healer)
  • Calista - Alt Healer & DPS (Heals main healer, self, and other group members, crowd control - has massive Area of Effect (AoE) weapon - think thermal stellar nuke)
  • Jessie - Alt Tank & DPS (Rounds up mobs during waves, crowd control, AoE DPS, swaps aggro with tank during boss fights)
  • Krystle - DPS (Melee or ranged DPS, self heals with potions or first aid)
  • Nadette - Healer (Heals tank, self and other group members in that order, may be able to raise dead)
What do you think?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Two for pizza, two for pie... any guesses what Berdine and Jessie are going to have for lunch?

TUNA sushi and PICKANIK BASKETS!
("... but Yogi, Mr. Ranger said..."- "Tell Mr. Ranger to stuff it up his... hey Boo, how come you talk like a hair-lipped pansy?" - "I AM a hair-lipped pansy, Yogi,")
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:It aint right, yall talking about all this good pizza and i am stuck in the river swamp in Alabama where pizza hut is considered good pizza.
Yeep. That stuff isn't even good enough to qualify as BAD pizza.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

oldmanmickey wrote:It aint right, yall talking about all this good pizza and i am stuck in the river swamp in Alabama where pizza hut is considered good pizza. I would do several probably illegal things for a slice of Chicago deep dish right about now.
You anywhere near the Shoals? Primo's in Petersville is pretty damned good. Venice Pizza in Huntsville is also damned tasty. And you get to hear people yelling at each other in Italian in the kitchen for added ambiance.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Nope I'm about 60 miles due south of Montgomery. Literally near the top of the Conecuh River swamp. Great quiet peaceful place to live as long as you don't want human neighbors, non satellite internet, cable or pizza. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Jerry Lewis

Post by Jerry Lewis »

I've only skimmed the forum messages, so didn't see if anyone called attention to the error in Jessie's word bubble: "we all we need to keep an eye on her."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:It aint right, yall talking about all this good pizza and i am stuck in the river swamp in Alabama where pizza hut is considered good pizza.
Yeep. That stuff isn't even good enough to qualify as BAD pizza.
Hey, watch it! I used to work for Pizza Hut... It wasn't THAT bad. I enjoyed it.

Maybe a little too much... (I started working there after I stopped working with horses... so I stopped doing hard, physical work, and suddenly had easy access to greasy food... That's when I started gaining weight.)
Otpu

Post by Otpu »

Oldmanmickey: If you're anywhere near Dozier, or even worse if Dozier is the nearest big city, then you are out in the back of beyond.

I spent several years of a misspent youth in Montgomery and I've driven 331 down to Ft. Walton and back many times.

Not quite the level of nothing that West Texas has but near enough. Stay sane brother.

Otpu
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dozier is west of 331, i live east of it. Glenwood is the nearest town. Its about half the size of Dozier but yea you got the area right. In fact i just got back from Luverne getting groceries, another name you should know from 331, lol. You were talking about not quite nothing, we tried to get a package delivered from amazon via UPS. When they punched my address into the GPS it told them it didnt exist.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

If one were to look out to the entryway to the cafeteria, would there be inscribed the words, "Time Is An Illusion, Lunchtime Doubly So"?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

kingklash wrote:If one were to look out to the entryway to the cafeteria, would there be inscribed the words, "Time Is An Illusion, Lunchtime Doubly So"?
"Abandon all hunger, ye who enter here."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

kingklash wrote:If one were to look out to the entryway to the cafeteria, would there be inscribed the words, "Time Is An Illusion, Lunchtime Doubly So"?
If so, I can imagine the menu board is topped with DON'T PANIC in big friendly letters.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Nahhh...

Keep Calm and Chow Down!

I'd love to see Monica in a Chive Shirt!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wapsi wrote:Here's the place Krystle is talking about: http://www.punchpizza.com/
I think I've seen that place on TV before. :) Looks pretty awesome!
Atomic wrote:
"Abandon all hunger, ye who enter here."
A. There's a reason I used to eat so fast that it startled most people who had dinner with me. When lunchtime is 30 minutes, and you spend about 10 of that either heading to or from the lunchroom and another 5 or more of that in line (depending on what was on the menu for the day...chicken nugget, steak finger, and pizza days were always packed)...then another minute or two trying to find your friends or locate an empty seat if friends don't share the lunch period....at best that leaves you less than 15 minutes to eat. Then if you want to talk at all with your friends, you have even less time because there's only so much talking with your mouth full you can do if you're trying to be attractive to any of that group.

B. The "Abandon all hunger" line only applies on days when the food isn't scary...or if there are more than one or two options available so you can pick something mildly edible on the days that mystery meat is on the menu (I never trusted the salisbury steak at my schools...didn't look or smell quite like beef should IMO).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."