Do This Together 2014-08-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Do This Together 2014-08-15

Post by shadowinthelight »

Looks like they will all get along just fine*

*if a couple of them don't kill each other first
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Re: Do This Together 2014-08-15

Post by Wapsi »

Here's the place Krystle is talking about: http://www.punchpizza.com/
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

if i ever get back up there i am gonna have to try that place. looks like good pizza.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Mmmmmmm, PIE! :D
Good Idea Atsali. Then ask your Mom if everyone can come for a Sleepover. :twisted:
Dave

Post by Dave »

And the New Gang's dynamics begin to develop. This looks as if it's going to be very interesting... two friendships starting to form, and a possible rivalry for the role of Elder Guardian (maybe the Principled Ethical Advisor, vs. the Machiavellian Politician?)

Two for pizza, two for pie... any guesses what Berdine and Jessie are going to have for lunch?

Neat way to end a week!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Could very well be 4 for pizza. A lot of places refer to pizza as pie. The battle for chief adviser will be put on hold so they don't get left out so pizza for everyone.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Sounds like Atsali and Nadette are planning to slip off campus during study hall, is that approved behavior? Also sounds like she didn't bring enough lunch if she is still hungry for more immediately afterwards.

Atsali ought to introduce everyone to Tina. Be interesting what she prescribes for each of them to drink, along with what advice.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

oldmanmickey wrote:Could very well be 4 for pizza. A lot of places refer to pizza as pie. The battle for chief adviser will be put on hold so they don't get left out so pizza for everyone.
Nah, Atsali already HAD her lunch with Cricket before Da' Bears showed up. I'm pretty sure Atsali is talking about dessert, not pizza. as for Berdine and Jessie... Ha, they'll probably still be having a heated discussing right up to the point that the bell rings, and have totally missed their chance to actually EAT anything... nobody seems to notice that Nadette and Atsali are walking away from the others, and from the way she was talking to her, i think that it's JUST Atsali and Nadette that have study hall with the others going to other classes, the others will be all like "We have to discuss the with Atsali, Hey! Ats... WTF?!... Where did Atsali GO?!" then it'll be "BRINNNGGGG!!!, the lunch bell? huh!, but I didn't get to EAT ANYTHING!!!"
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:And the New Gang's dynamics begin to develop. This looks as if it's going to be very interesting... two friendships starting to form, and a possible rivalry for the role of Elder Guardian (maybe the Principled Ethical Advisor, vs. the Machiavellian Politician?)
I think that is going to be a 3-way rivalry, with 2 Machiavellian politicians (Jessie and Calista) vs. the Principled Ethical Advisor (Berdine). The question is where Nadette will fit in, it looks like she is moving up to best friend, just because that is all she wants from Atsali. But she is also a seer, so she may have other motives as well.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Dave

Post by Dave »

My2Cents wrote:The question is where Nadette will fit in, it looks like she is moving up to best friend, just because that is all she wants from Atsali. But she is also a seer, so she may have other motives as well.
She could fit as the group's shamanka... sort of a Tina-analog. Every group like this needs some sort of connection to the Other Side.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Dave wrote:any guesses what Berdine and Jessie are going to have for lunch?
If the argument gets too heated, one could end up having the other for lunch.

It seems the person least concerned about Atsali's future role in the school is Atsali. Jessie and Berdine aren't even including her in the planning. Krystle is just trying to get on the good side of Cricket. And doing a pretty good job of it too. She seems to be relaxing around her and has started just being herself. She'll probably welcome a new playmate into the group of two. It must get old just hanging out with one person all the time. When bio-methane ignition games are the highlight of the month, you know they have hit rock bottom. Even a Fae would be a welcome change. Also, neat school that allows snacks in study hall. Not to mention sitting by the window and chatting. I'd like to go there. Well, if I were reasonably impervious to sudden, unexpected outbursts of paranormal teenage angst. What was that recipe for Golems again?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

It looks like the kids will be alright after all. All of the misfits (previously known and unknown) are finding each other and looking out for one another. The fun comes when Oscar gets to meet the girls. I just wonder if that will include a reveal of some type for him.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Wait, your mom speaks betta, too?"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
analyst

Post by analyst »

Don't know if it was intentional or not, but I got a chuckle out of the Irony of "do this together/all keep an eye on her" and the three different conversations. They need introduced to the spacecat girl so the observation of "herding cats" would be more appropriate (c8.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Should we call these three pairs the good, the BAD, and the clueless?

Two potential Machiavelli's; Two who loved the movie Jackass cause it was BAD; and two that want pie.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
analyst

Post by analyst »

Looking at the Punch Pizza menu. Realizing I would really like to eat there. Seeing all the locations are in Minnesota. Wondering, now that the chronicler has had a change of venue, if Minnesota will still remain Wapsi's base of operations?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

And what about Castela?
Dave wrote:Two for pizza, two for pie... any guesses what Berdine and Jessie are going to have for lunch?
Hopefully not bear claws and tuna tartare.
eee

Post by eee »

I don't get how Krystle and Cricket moved from farts to pizza discussions, but whatever works. Krys is showing more depth than expected, too.
Dave wrote:And the New Gang's dynamics begin to develop. This looks as if it's going to be very interesting... two friendships starting to form, and a possible rivalry for the role of Elder Guardian (maybe the Principled Ethical Advisor, vs. the Machiavellian Politician?)

Two for pizza, two for pie... any guesses what Berdine and Jessie are going to have for lunch?

Neat way to end a week!
Hear hear!

Those two will probably be chewing the fat for some time yet...

(puts some (synthetic, no actually living creatures harmed in the production of this) whale blubber in the pun jar, just to be on the safe side.)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

analyst wrote:Looking at the Punch Pizza menu. Realizing I would really like to eat there. Seeing all the locations are in Minnesota. Wondering, now that the chronicler has had a change of venue, if Minnesota will still remain Wapsi's base of operations?
We had a place like that - the super-hot wood ovens, etc - on Peachtree Street; i think it closed some years ago when the owner died.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It aint right, yall talking about all this good pizza and i am stuck in the river swamp in Alabama where pizza hut is considered good pizza. I would do several probably illegal things for a slice of Chicago deep dish right about now.