Warmin Kiss 2012-08-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Warmin Kiss 2012-08-10

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
davids4250

Re: Warmin Kiss 2012-08-10

Post by davids4250 »

Not sure about Monica, but I think Euryale enjoyed warming her up!
I imagine there are not too many folks who can say they have been zapped twice by a Gorgon and survived!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Okay, sweetie, ya made yur point...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Got my tension, too. No, that's not a typo.... (c8
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Well, the snakes like it, too.

What.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Well, damn. Aside from the hot girl on Gorgon action, I'm taking something else away from Eyrayle's warning.

Everyone involved has been has been trying to tell Shelly how she's harmless and not a danger to the mere mortals around her. Now it comes out that Shell is a Sphinx/Titan hybrid who has had the humanity effectively burned out of her. As in, she is an immortal demigod who can do pretty much what she wants because there are very few folks that can stop her. She is a third generation Titan with the predatory nature and powers of a Sphinx.

I know she wants to resume the human life she was pulled out of, but she may have to accept that she's grown beyond that. Great power/Great responsability and all that.

Back in Wapsi Square, she's not just a big fish in a little pond, she's Great White in the kiddie pool. Her powers would be better used elsewhere to greater effect against larger threats. I know that Wapsi has always been about extraodinary people trying to live normal lives, and I don't want that theme to be abandoned entirely, But if Shelly doesn't step up and start playing in the big leagues where her power will make a difference, then she'll be no better than her mother.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Boxilar wrote:Well, damn. Aside from the hot girl on Gorgon action, I'm taking something else away from Eyrayle's warning.

Everyone involved has been has been trying to tell Shelly how she's harmless and not a danger to the mere mortals around her. Now it comes out that Shell is a Sphinx/Titan hybrid who has had the humanity effectively burned out of her. As in, she is an immortal demigod who can do pretty much what she wants because there are very few folks that can stop her. She is a third generation Titan with the predatory nature and powers of a Sphinx.

I know she wants to resume the human life she was pulled out of, but she may have to accept that she's grown beyond that. Great power/Great responsability and all that.

Back in Wapsi Square, she's not just a big fish in a little pond, she's Great White in the kiddie pool. Her powers would be better used elsewhere to greater effect against larger threats. I know that Wapsi has always been about extraodinary people trying to live normal lives, and I don't want that theme to be abandoned entirely, But if Shelly doesn't step up and start playing in the big leagues where her power will make a difference, then she'll be no better than her mother.
Bia has already suggested that Shelly can learn a lot from Bud about self control. But it seems to me that when she is ready to step into the big picture that the one she will need to talk is Brandi.

But that is WHEN she is ready. First she is going to have to learn to live with what she has become, and coming to terms with her mother/Bia abandoning her is part of that. Hope Nudge has been reading a lot of psychology texts, because I am betting she is going to be the one that has to help Shelly through it.

Which is probably why Nudge is sitting out on that rock with Shelly.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

It occurs to me that the Greeks accepted (male, at least) homosexuality as a normal part of life...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

My2Cents wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Well, damn. Aside from the hot girl on Gorgon action, I'm taking something else away from Eyrayle's warning.

Bia has already suggested that Shelly can learn a lot from Bud about self control. But it seems to me that when she is ready to step into the big picture that the one she will need to talk is Brandi.

But that is WHEN she is ready. First she is going to have to learn to live with what she has become, and coming to terms with her mother/Bia abandoning her is part of that. Hope Nudge has been reading a lot of psychology texts, because I am betting she is going to be the one that has to help Shelly through it.

Which is probably why Nudge is sitting out on that rock with Shelly.
Sometime what you really need is someone to be there. I think for her time in the time forrest, Nudge and Phix filled that role. If you think about it, Phix has been more of a mother to Shelly than Bia was. Some one said that Shelly had seven older brothers. If Bia's ultimate aim was to breed a Sphinx/Titan hybrid like Shelly, that means she hung around Shelly's dad and had kids until she got a little girl who would have the potential to become a Sphinx.

At the moment, all the evidence suggests that Phix DIDN'T know Bia was actually Shelly's mom, and since Bia was probably the one who talked Phix into giving up her son, thanks to Nudge Phix just realized that Bia did it with the full intention of using her little boy as breeding stock. Hence Phix punching her out of the Library. But it gets worse.

There have been 57 cycles and 57 Shelly's. Phix and Bia and Nudge have existed out of time during that time. Phix would have met Shelly for the first time near the begining of the first cycle in the time forrest. THAT Shelly would have had full knowledge of what was coming and would have told her so Phix would be able to tell Shelly 57 what was going on 80,000 years later when she first entered the time forrest.

So Phix would know that there would HAVE to be 57 Shellys. So Phix would have given birth to and given up her son, Shelly's father, 57 times. And she would have had to watch her Grandaughter DIE 56 times before it was all over with.

No wonder she cried when Shelly turned on her. And now that the truth about Bia has been revealed to her,her rage must be beyond human comprehension.

I think Eyrale is right. Monica better stay the hell away from her for awhile.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

It looks like the snakes think that this kiss is an excellent idea...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Dave11 wrote:It looks like the snakes think that this kiss is an excellent idea...
Especially the one in the middle, yes... thanks for pointing it out, I didn't notice :D

The other two snakes we see, they look like voyeurs. Hmm, what sex are the snakes? ;-)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Fairportfan wrote:It occurs to me that the Greeks accepted (male, at least) homosexuality as a normal part of life...
Truth. They were quite enlightened, those Greeks. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Julie

Post by Julie »

Boxilar wrote: Sometime what you really need is someone to be there. I think for her time in the time forrest, Nudge and Phix filled that role. If you think about it, Phix has been more of a mother to Shelly than Bia was. Some one said that Shelly had seven older brothers. If Bia's ultimate aim was to breed a Sphinx/Titan hybrid like Shelly, that means she hung around Shelly's dad and had kids until she got a little girl who would have the potential to become a Sphinx.
That's what I've been thinking for a few days now (ever since someone reminded me that Shelly had seven brothers). That's a serious breeding program, and serious using of a human without any care for how they are hurt by that use. Bia needs to be reconnected to humanity if she's not going to end up the most hated character in this strip.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

♫ "I kissed a girl and I LIKED IT!"♫..... 8-) Sorry.
Point taken Euryale. Now Monica will 'poit' herself over to Kevins just to...'CONFIRM HER HETEROSEXUALITY'. :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Boxilar wrote:Now it comes out that Shell is a Sphinx/Titan hybrid who has had the humanity effectively burned out of her.
As to Shelly's loss of humanity - I'm not ready to believe that yet. We have only Bia's words in support of this idea, and we know that Bia is a liar and a manipulator.

Yes, Shelly is having to deal with her sphinx nature, and her Titan heritage will doubtless bring power and its own set of instincts and urges. Yes, her memories of her human life faded away during her long exile in the Time Forest, and she spent eons living as a feral sphinx. However, her two natures and sets of memories seem to have combined when the two time-lines reconverged.

Her behavior since then does not (it seems to me) reflect a loss of human nature. Her concern for her moments of uncontrollable violence... her deep love for Justin, and the way she was willing to let him go if he couldn't accept what she has become... her nostalgia and tears about Owen... all these say to me that she's more than a violence-prone feral beast mixed with a self-centered Titan.

Human is, as human does.

I agree, Shelly seems destined to play a big role in a big game... but I have a feeling that her very humanity is going to play an essential part in defining what she does in that role.
nekogrrl_77

Post by nekogrrl_77 »

So Phix would know that there would HAVE to be 57 Shellys. So Phix would have given birth to and given up her son, Shelly's father, 57 times.
I think she may only have had to give him up once. She exists outside of time in the library, but once her son was on Earth he would have become part of the loop, unaware of it like everyone but Jin and probably Bia.
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Boxilar wrote:I know that Wapsi has always been about extraordinary people trying to live normal lives, and I don't want that theme to be abandoned entirely, But if Shelly doesn't step up and start playing in the big leagues where her power will make a difference, then she'll be no better than her mother.
This. Every once in a while I ask Pablo, "when is Monica going to wake up and realize how staggeringly powerful she is?" He is always cagey in reply. I just keep wondering when she is going to have her "Spider Man Moment" and realize that with great power comes great responsibility, even if it is unasked for. Same goes for Shelly and the GGGs.

Also... did we ever figure out WHY Euryale has such a Southern belle accent?
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Now I want to get frozen by Euryale just to get unfrozen by her :D lol that looks hot enough to unfreeze....

Ok, so, about Shelly and her actual nature, her humanity being burnt out and her desire to go back to a "normal" life in Wapsi..... now, you have her companion, who is a demons/soul mix.... now, what if that soul and demons were to separate and create the missing part of Shelly's soul and her own demons and put them back where where they belong. Wouldn't that help Shelly become a tad more normal? perhaps give her control over her more feral side? otherwise, what is the companion's part now? we knew what part she played while in the time forest, but what can she do to help Shelly now? The companion's shape and creation was mostly based on the time when Shelly's mom "died", what are the implications of her knowing that her existence was based on a lie? so many points to consider, how many of them will be resolved, how many will be left to our imagination and this forum? no one knows, I bet not even Paul knows yet :D
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Don't know about Moni, but I'm warmed up right nicely.
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

i think that all the talk about titans gorgons and the such being dangerous is a bunch of BS, they are powerful yes, and it seems like quite a few have issues to say the least. but they are capable of conscious thought, they are responsible for their actions, if they didn't want to be menacing, or if they didn't want to be angry at the drop of a hat then they wouldn't be, they would fight their nature, they would change who they are to suit who they want to be. this isn't an ability that only humans can use, it's an ability of being able to comprehend the consequences of being a total halfwit! while shelly might now have an interesting transformation that she can't fully control, and she might have a nagging in the back of her head that tells her to be angry and self righteous ultimately it's up to her to act on it. self restraint isn't impossible to achieve even when you weigh 2 tons and can smack cars out of the way like they are basket balls, it's tho consequences of the actions that keep you from doing that, having a violent nature is no excuse to be a murderous little twit, in fact it means that you should know better!