Not Tough 2014-08-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Not Tough 2014-08-01

Post by kingklash »

Well, since M is now the Jaguar Girl, she can pass the mantle of the Crimson Mantis to Cricket. And the Bumbling Bumblebee can serve as her mighty steed! that will certainly help her Highness gain some positive esteem. Especially since it would be from one big dork to a little big dork.
Leak

Post by Leak »

jwhouk wrote:A note to our site operator: maybe we need to get MLP:FIM emoticons?
You know, considering which board this is I'd rather have Wapsi Square emoticons...
Aed

Post by Aed »

Leak wrote:
jwhouk wrote:A note to our site operator: maybe we need to get MLP:FIM emoticons?
You know, considering which board this is I'd rather have Wapsi Square emoticons...
MLP:FIM or Wapsi Square emoticons? I say both! :P
eee

Post by eee »

And Calista's Brooklyn accent is now completely gone. That was apparently part of her 'Badass' persona, and shattered as she is, she can't keep it up. Or at least it's not obvious; Bud's apparently got a slightly Greek accent, but you can't tell it from her speech balloons. Cricket may be the same.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Oh irony, thy name is teenangst. :| :roll:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
sheik

Post by sheik »

DilyV wrote:Seeing Calista curled up hugging her knees and crying is so sad... It was said this might be fae bullshit, but I somehow don't think so... Being a princess, I think she's been made well aware that sooner or later the whole fae issue will eventually rest on her shoulders. All the facts and rumors of and or about the fae will be hers to have to answer to. It's a daunting future and Calista doesn't think she's up to it.
I agree, if only because Nadette did not 'see' any deception of that kind on Calista's part.
It now looks like the "Tuna" are surrounded, outnumbered, and outgunned by Destroyer Dorks Inc.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

meisdadoo wrote:
My2Cents wrote: And we still don't have the back story on the 'Tuna' girls. I think thier behavior is a bit more than simple fear of Fae.
I'm thinking Fae and mermaids don't get along... perhaps Fae are fond of tuna salad sandwiches--which would explain a lot. . . . :shock:
That could be. There may be Fae (and maybe other beings) who consider mermaids to be food just as we consider tuna and dolphins to be. Thus, her use of the term "tuna" may be more than a pun and a slur. That would indeed explain their abject fear even though Cricket would probably never actually do such a thing. Considering humans will eat anything that doesn't eat them first, I would not be surprised to find us doing the same if mermaids did actually exist. At least eat half of them anyway: http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w49 ... 899804.jpg
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

WS:FIM?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Skywatcher68 wrote:
Warrl wrote:
eee wrote:Aw. Let's all (except Castela, who might intentionally pop her head off) hug and reassure the Fae...
Now I'm imagining Euryale hugging Calista... five-inch Calista, that is...
I'm guessing 5" Calista would end up in a Victoria's Secret Compartment.
There is precedent of a sort...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Elvis wrote:
Friendship Is Monica?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

kingklash wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Friendship Is Monica?
That works too.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

meisdadoo wrote:
My2Cents wrote:
zachariah wrote:So we finally meet the real Cricket. Pretending to be something you are not is never a good idea. Eventually you will run into a situation you cannot cope with the way your faking it calls for. I think being herself in the long run will accomplish a lot more than carrying on with the Fae bad ass will. Though a compassionate Fae is a bit hard to accept. Looking into mythology you cannot find a Fae that was this human in feelings.
Or it might be "Fae bullshit'' (to use Monica's term) to gain sympathy. Either way, Atsali may need to talk to Monica, though not immediately, Kathryn will undoubtedly have filled Monica in on Castela's tantrum, so Calista will be getting an easy day if she doesn't mess up in the afternoon.

Atsali can give Calista a reward however by offering to accompany her to Monica after school, just to provide a friendly face for her second meeting.

Still have to see how Atsali's relationship Monica effects the bear girls and their vision of the Jaguar Girl. Probably do good all around. Does this beating by Castela, and Calista's confession and failure to take it out on all around, qualify as the 'up hill battle' for the friendship of the bear girls?

And we still don't have the back story on the 'Tuna' girls. I think thier behavior is a bit more than simple fear of Fae.
I'm thinking Fae and mermaids don't get along... perhaps Fae are fond of tuna salad sandwiches--which would explain a lot. . . . :shock:

Depending on the legends being referenced, Mermaids are a branch of either aquatic sirens or fae, and often are shown to have attributes of both. (weather control, singing/charm, glamour, shape shifting, cursing, etc.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"...up came a mer-maiden, comb and glass all in her hand, said 'Here's to you, my merry young men, for you'll not see dry land again,..."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

kingklash wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Friendship Is Monica?
My Little Wapsi
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Aed

Post by Aed »

Yay! :lol:
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Warrl wrote:
Skywatcher68 wrote:
I'm guessing 5" Calista would end up in a Victoria's Secret Compartment.
I almost wonder why this did not happen more often in EGS.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:
My2Cents wrote: And we still don't have the back story on the 'Tuna' girls. I think thier behavior is a bit more than simple fear of Fae.
That could be. There may be Fae (and maybe other beings) who consider mermaids to be food just as we consider tuna and dolphins to be. Thus, her use of the term "tuna" may be more than a pun and a slur. That would indeed explain their abject fear even though Cricket would probably never actually do such a thing. Considering humans will eat anything that doesn't eat them first, I would not be surprised to find us doing the same if mermaids did actually exist. At least eat half of them anyway: http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w49 ... 899804.jpg
Slightly NSFW mermaid and friend...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Elvis wrote:
Warrl wrote:
Skywatcher68 wrote: I'm guessing 5" Calista would end up in a Victoria's Secret Compartment.
I almost wonder why this did not happen more often in EGS.
Nanase learnt to look where she was going.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Nanase learnt to look where she was going.
That would only stop it from happening accidentally. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
meisdadoo wrote: I'm thinking Fae and mermaids don't get along... perhaps Fae are fond of tuna salad sandwiches--which would explain a lot. . . . :shock:
Slightly NSFW mermaid and friend...
Is he kissing her or tasting her? Either way, ewwwww!
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap