Outta Here 2014-07-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
loxmyth

Re: Outta Here 2014-07-23

Post by loxmyth »

"KARACK!"?

Quite a change from "POIT!".

Yes, I know, she also made quite an entry... Apparently Monica has picked up a few special effects while we weren't watching.

Reminds me of the old story about the wizard who always dropped a small smoke bomb as he teleported out, just to confuse the issue.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

It also occurs to me that a bunch of kids who might otherwise have been on track to be Calista's enemies are now thinking "You're under HER supervision? Oh goddesses, you need all the help you can get!"

So it probably became easier for the fae girl to make friends... of course, keeping them will be up to her.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Wyvern wrote:Cricket is looking particularly cute in frame four. (Castela always looks cute.)
That last panel really kicks the adorableness factor up to 11...
KnightDelight wrote:No more quiet little poits for Miss Gotta-Make-A-Dramatic-Exit-To-Impress-The-Lesser-Beings, apparently. Her new role as Jaguar Girl - The Mentor has really gone to her head.
I kind of miss the poit...

creeps over in the general direction of the pun jar...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:No more quiet little poits for Miss Gotta-Make-A-Dramatic-Exit-To-Impress-The-Lesser-Beings, apparently. Her new role as Jaguar Girl - The Mentor has really gone to her head.
Those showy entrances and exits full of lightning and Saint Elmo's Fire are appropriate - nay, obligatory - for one who has been reluctantly thrust into such a public role in the paranormal society.
I think she's working the ironic contrast of Herald of the Aeon and cute visiting guidance counselor just fine.

Was wondering where she was getting the lightning from, until I remembered her poiting weather systems around. It's always stormy somewhere.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

but, but, but; whos Calesta?

;)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just say "no" to portmanteaus. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

zachariah wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I waiting for Calista to know what Calesta is (the Fae having inside knowledge of such things - - maybe).
My thought exactly but ya beat me to it.

Calista's expression is either surprise at about being run over, or it is what the heck is one of these things doing here. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Worst case is Calesta is a type being the Fae consider dangerous and wants to swat. Best case Calista grows to human size and grabs Pickle to keep here from being hurt. Flip a coin. Knowing Paul it will be something else entirely.
Whether or not Cricket knows anything about Castela or not, i foresee that an instant dislike forms between Cricket and Pickle for the same reason that Shelly and Heather were initially at odds with each other... "you can't take her away from me...!" remember that Pickle is in Kindirtgarden, and was "thrown away" by her parents, and Monica and Katherine were the first two adults that really gave a shit about HER, (i'm not counting the orphanage folks in this, it's kinda their JOB to care, ya' know?, this is about someone ELSE caring about her) and once she finds out that Aunt Monica is going to miss out on LOTS of her visiting times over at Kath's place (or wherever they hang out together at) just to see CRICKET instead of HER!!, ooh Boy! i don't want to be there when THAT comes to a boil... i imagine that she MAY even attempt to frame Cricket for some mean younger-sister vs. big-sister type BS that she does to Atsali but blames Cricket, in hopes of getting Cricket in trouble (and sent away, so that Castela can go back to being M's "favorite")

Warrl wrote:It also occurs to me that a bunch of kids who might otherwise have been on track to be Calista's enemies are now thinking "You're under HER supervision? Oh goddesses, you need all the help you can get!"

So it probably became easier for the Fae girl to make friends... of course, keeping them will be up to her.
Nah! it'll be the suck-ups and ass-kissers that'll come out of the woodwork now. flocking towards *PRINCESS* cricket, and i think that that will cause a weather shift in the attitude that Gottlieb is currently showing towards Atsali... before this, she didn't know about M's relationship to Atsali, now that it's out in the open, yeah, that's gonna affect her attitude, a teensy bit to say the least... AND, yet MORE K-U's and A-K's flock to *THE JAGUAR GIRL'S NIECE* atsali as well, thus lowering Gottlieb's "Queen Bee" influence amongst the student body...

AND it just painted a big target on ATSALI'S back, too!... teenagers being teenagers, if someone gets pissed off at Cricket, or even at Atsali for something, they'll take it out on Atsali and make sure that Cricket gets blamed for it, in hopes of seeing BOTH the girls get hurt, Atsali directly, and Cricket via Jaguar Girl... yeah i don't foresee good coming of this right away...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

One thing 'Sali has going for her is that she was raised in a orphanage. she may be naive about some things, but she would have been exposed from an early age to the sharp edge of social peer groups an cliques. The fact that she understands how things work and is a good person at heart shows in the way that she dealt with Gotlieb's swim suit crisis. She could have been mean spirited and retaliated for the slight the Queen Bee gave her. Instead she chose to help.

Given that and the fact that Sirens are apparently fairly low in social standing, Atsali probably has a finely tuned bullshit detector. And you can bet Monica does as well. The weak link will be Cricket, who has all the social skills of a brick due to being a shut in all her life. If the Princess is smart, she'll stick to Atsali and take her cues from the Siren.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Warrl wrote:It also occurs to me that a bunch of kids who might otherwise have been on track to be Calista's enemies are now thinking "You're under HER supervision? Oh goddesses, you need all the help you can get!"

So it probably became easier for the fae girl to make friends... of course, keeping them will be up to her.
Or their attitude will be like the bear girl's and they will be afraid to get near Calista and coming to the attention of the Jaguar Girl. It works both ways.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
illiad

Post by illiad »

erm...... I hope you realised this is *wednesdays* thread...??? :P