Behind You 2014-07-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Behind You 2014-07-10

Post by DilyV »

Ruh Roh Raggy....

I imagine Atsali is trying mightily to hold in the giggles.... and I wonder if Cricket will ever forgive her... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Re: Behind You 2014-07-10

Post by shadowinthelight »

That entrance should make an impression.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Whooo.... :shock:

Paul, if that won't impress, nothing anywhere ever will!

... and Calista and Castela clearly have something important in common. Both of them were thrown away by their parents... in different ways, but it probably cuts just as deep.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"Oh, hi, Aunt Monica!"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"Oh, hi, Aunt Monica!"
You forgot the Dun Dun DUNNNNN! part first!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:Whooo.... :shock:
Paul, if that won't impress, nothing anywhere ever will!
I have to agree with you there. Most effective entrance yet.
Dave wrote:... and Calista and Castela clearly have something important in common. Both of them were thrown away by their parents... in different ways, but it probably cuts just as deep.
That has me wondering since it is most likely that her parents did not come with her; where Cricket is staying in Wapsi Square?? I would guess it is currently in a penthouse with servants like she was most of her life. Perhaps it would be thought that she should bunk with the Gilchrist clan so she has an idea what a "normal" family life is like (After all, she and Castela do have some similarities). I also keep wondering what family the twins have in town. :?:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mark N wrote:Perhaps it would be thought that she should bunk with the Gilchrist clan so she has an idea what a "normal" family life is like (After all, she and Castela do have some similarities).
Castela already has a potty mouth. Can you imagine how much worse it would get with Calista around?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Monica seems to be letting her sociopathic side out to play with that display. Probably not that good an idea in a crowded school cafeteria, there probably isn’t a clean set of underwear left in the room except for Atsali’s after that display. She is not setting a good example for Cricket.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

WHOA!!!
It's Monica ... As The Jaguar Girl Again.
Another BIG Entrance!
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
illiad

Post by illiad »

My2Cents wrote:Monica seems to be letting her sociopathic side out to play with that display.
why do you keep saying that???? she is the demon shepherd, she forces her victim to inflict its sociopathy upon itself! that is *good* for everyone! :D

oh, BTW.... :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: 8-) :D at Monica's entrance!!! :P :P
Last edited by illiad on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

unless Calista's glamor is slipping, Monica is not that tall ;)

so, size difference is: dramatic effect, vs Calista's actual size or ...

.. that's not Monica but Calista's 'inner fears' manifesting (subconscious gossamer use?)

or other?

ps: nice use of 'remains of the Tar' on the Jaguar Girl hands for the "You know why I'm here and you're NEXT!" look :twisted:

pps: yes, that last panel could use a *poop* sound effect bubble in the [no pun intended] bottom left corner.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I fully expect M to be laughing her heart out over this. Maybe not in front of the kids, but maybe not not.

Of course, this will lose a lot of it's impact when Cricket is still taller than Monica.
illiad

Post by illiad »

I would say the 'glamour' has been blown away by monica...

dunno about Fae, but could there be a demon inside cricket?????

Or will Atsali step forward to defend cricket????

worse, will we just have a bit of 'art' on friday?? :o :( :( :(
Thor

Post by Thor »

Does Monica even work at the museum any more? This shepherding/mentoring/jaguaring has to take up quite a few hours of each day. I suppose curating an exhibit is easier when you can just poit everything into the right place, but that's not the whole job.

On a different note, I'm not sure of what powers she does and doesn't have anymore. Teleportation, immortality, able to leap from tall buildings safely, demon-bossing, soul-walking, and presence attack. Did I miss anything?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Mark N wrote:That has me wondering since it is most likely that her parents did not come with her; where Cricket is staying in Wapsi Square?? I would guess it is currently in a penthouse with servants like she was most of her life.
That is most likely, and probably the servants still disapproving of any strangers / friends she brings home. I wonder if the servants may be gossamers created by her parents? If so they would be more distant than totally inattentive to her needs.
Perhaps it would be thought that she should bunk with the Gilchrist clan so she has an idea what a "normal" family life is like (After all, she and Castela do have some similarities).:
A sleepover will probably have to wait until Cricket’s temper is defused, her anger has a tendency to go nuclear. However, it would make a good reward when she succeeds. The pillow fight should be epic.

In the short term I wonder if Atsali could show Cricket around to meet some of the people in her life. Stopping back at the orphanage to say thanks to Mr. Meadows could be an eye opener for Cricket that there are people much worse off than her. Might give her some new perspective.
I also keep wondering what family the twins have in town. :?:
The bear girls aren’t a discipline problem, so it is likely that their parents just moved to the area to work and brought them along. So they are the most normal in the bunch.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Thor wrote:On a different note, I'm not sure of what powers she does and doesn't have anymore. Teleportation, immortality, able to leap from tall buildings safely, demon-bossing, soul-walking, and presence attack. Did I miss anything?
Monica seems to have a much more powerful ability to teleport others and objects than others. Others seem to need physical contact to move someone with them, and it is a deliberate act. Monica can do teleport people and things at range without moving herself (summoned Tepoz from the shower, Nudge to the volcano, etc.), does it instinctively as a defense (bullets and escaping explosions), and has even teleported an entire snow storm. That is not a minor power.
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

is it Monica or has crickets fear taken on the jaguar girl's image?

either way Cricket's fear of the big J is gonna get burst me thinks
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Aww. If Cricket's parents are so distant and aloof, who's making her her spidery comfort food? Is it a kindly cook or butler, or is her bag lunch just another sad little gossamer wish? That's just too awful and miserable to think about. The poor little thing.

Oh hey, M. 'Sup.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"Oh, hi, Aunt Monica!"
That was my first thought, as well...

Of course, that would totally ruin the moment...

Cricket: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Wait. What?" *Turns towards Atsali*
eee

Post by eee »

DAAAANNGGG, but that's impressive. Monica seems to love making flashy entrances at this school. First for Castela's Show and Tell, and now this.

And REALLY nice use of color!

This appearance does suggest we need to change some of our speculations, though. It would seem that Cricket's being mentored by the Jaguar Girl isn't a surprise to Monica, it was arranged beforehand. Possibly after Georgette she's decided that helping people with paranormal problems, or paranormals with people problems, is a GOOD thing, and something she wants to do. So somebody contacted her about Cricket, and Monica was probably going to 'introduce' herself during lunchtime, when to her surprise she saw her victim... I mean, student... dash over and start talking to her 'niece' and the Bruin sisters. I would imagine Monica listened in, got Cricket's version of events and saw what a mess she is... and now is about to take charge.

Hopefully Cricket gets through this without pants wetting. I'm not sure I could. :shock:

(Although... Monica was sort of abandoned by HER parents (and I wonder if we're ever going to meet them) when they, with the best of intentions, set her to that psychiatric hospital. Where bad things happened. The Princess and the Nerd may have more in common, including feelings of rage and a desire to lash out, than one might expect.)