Pep Rally 2014-07-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Pep Rally 2014-07-08

Post by Atomic »

She who must be obeyed -- can really screw you up for revenge!

Bless her heart, though. She's been way too isolated and really doesn't have much of a clue, it seems. No wonder the world is harsh!
Last edited by Atomic on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Re: Pep Rally 2014-07-08

Post by jwhouk »

...she made them do WHAT to each other? :shock: :o :oops: :twisted:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

jwhouk wrote:...she made them do WHAT to each other? :shock: :o :oops: :twisted:
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/ ... sting.html
Thor

Post by Thor »

Making the cheerleaders fist each other at a pep rally? :o :shock:

Is that some kind of typo that I cannot figure out, or are we talking actual manual-pelvic interfacing here?

Also, ouch.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Wapsi wrote:
jwhouk wrote:...she made them do WHAT to each other? :shock: :o :oops: :twisted:
I see. Not just a figure of speech in this case.

Sounds like Cricket needs to learn the concept of "measured and proportionate response".
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Wapsi wrote:
Yup. That might break a few school conduct codes.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

Sweet Baby Jesus she did WHAT?!?

This is why one should NEVER @#$% with the fae. They're mean when pissed.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Did she make those cheerleaders 'R@**' each other in front of the whole school? YIKES! Crickets lucky she just got tossed from school, Probably no way to prosecute. "Mum and Dad" being 'Royalty' made some sort of ....Arrangement(s) like "Honorariums" (read $$$$) with the school and families involved. Part of which involved leaving New York. Throwing a dart at a map landed "The Family" in Wapsi would be my guess....Unless somehow, they're related to - TINA.
Dave

Post by Dave »

(1) Ow. :shock: That's one helluva vengeance. And, the "part of it was..." sounds equally ominous.

(2) Poor kid... so isolated by her parents that she had to make her own friends in the most literal sense. She must be really good with glamor... but she received the hardest lesson possible in the limitations of illusion. :(

(3) Unless there was some seriously urgent reason to keep her so isolated, I'd say her parents screwed up big-time... as in, don't expect any Dutiful Daughter visits when you've retired to the Old Sprites' Residential Care Facility, folks.

(4) Any bets on who's going to have to explain that phrase to Atsali, and what color Atsali's face turns?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wapsi wrote:
I know what fisting is, Paul, thanks. I'm just shocked.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Typo - "...when I was went to school..."?

========

About explaining it to Atsali: Many years ago my first wife bought me a t-shirt that said "Let go of my ears - I know what I'm doing".

Being somewhat younger than i currently am - about thirty years younger - i had no qualms about wearing it in public.

There was a Chinese restaurant much favoured by ourselves and our friends - all-you-can eat Mongolian Barbecue (generally referred to as "hibachi" lately), where you selected your own ingredients and passed them to the chef for cooking.

One Friday night, which was apparently some sort of slightly-formal high school date night (several Junior/Senior-age couples dressed in not-quite-semi-formal wear), several of us were at the place. I was wearing That Shirt.

I wound up on the line selecting ingredients between one couple of about age seventeen or so - the girl was in front of me, the guy was behind.

I had long since developed a poker face for when i wore it in public, which let me see how people reacted without appearing to notice. So when she glanced my way, did a take, and went wide-eyed, i appeared to not be aware. She began trying to get hoer boyfriend to step up in front of me so he could read it - without saying anything or doing anything that might (she thought) catch my attention.

He Didn't Catch On.

So i took pity on both of them, said "Excuse me", stepped out of line and went back to a point behind the guy to add some more broccoli florets to my plate.

When hejoined her, she whispered to him, cutting her eyes my way.

He "causally" looked around.

I saw his eyes move as he read the shirt.

...and then he turned back to her with a puzzled expression, and obviously asked her "What's so funny?"

And her expression as she realised that she was going to have to explain it to him ... and that he was gonna want to know how come she knew when he didn't ...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

In most stories, you absolutely do not cross the fae for any reason.

Cricket's response may be disproportionate retribution, bit it is completely in line with the sort of thing fae do in stories and myth to those that cross them.

And from the Ursamorph twins earlier warning to Atsali to steer clear of Calista, Wapsi fae have a similar well earned reputation.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I see this ending up on Tumblr before too long... :P
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

I LIKE her! That is a fae! XD Wow.... that is harsh..
illiad

Post by illiad »

jwhouk wrote:
Wapsi wrote:
I know what fisting is, Paul, thanks. I'm just shocked.
:o :oops: um, are you sure that's not slang for 'bare knuckle fight' ???
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

I wager five Castlemarks that tomorrow's comic will have Atsali say something like "You made them punch/fight each other?"

:|

She's a nice kid but sometimes her lack of knowledge on some subject is resilient enough that a clue-by-four will bounce just straight off :lol:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Did she make those cheerleaders 'R@**' each other in front of the whole school? YIKES! Crickets lucky she just got tossed from school, Probably no way to prosecute. "Mum and Dad" being 'Royalty' made some sort of ....Arrangement(s) like "Honorariums" (read $$$$) with the school and families involved. Part of which involved leaving New York. Throwing a dart at a map landed "The Family" in Wapsi would be my guess....Unless somehow, they're related to - TINA.
Or it may be that having that with several new but powerful paranormals and the MIB have suddenly appeared in Wapsi, that Cricket’s parents are hoping she may be able find may find someone who can introduce some discipline in her life.

My vote is for Tina. Cricket is neither human or sphinx, so Tina can shut her down at will. This would probably force Tina to become her mentor, and major character growth.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Grantwhy wrote:I wager five Castlemarks that tomorrow's comic will have Atsali say something like "You made them punch/fight each other?"

:|

She's a nice kid but sometimes her lack of knowledge on some subject is resilient enough that a clue-by-four will bounce just straight off :lol:
That's exactly how I imagine Atsali misinterpreting what she said.
The longer it takes for her to figure it out, the funnier her reaction will be.
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Apparently we are dealing with more or less the stereotypical mean cheerleader type that elevate themselves by bringing others down. This in tern suggests they revealed her fabricated friends in the meanest way possible. In that case, I find her actions wholly appropriate. Contrary to popular opinion, it does not take all kinds of people to make the world go around, so it was a healthy reality check for them. Maybe they will reform into reasonable people afterwards.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Her "Gossamer Friends" were what, the magical equivalent of ST TNG Holodeck characters?
Imaginary friends to someone with a really good imagination?