Stay Clear 2014-06-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Stay Clear 2014-06-27

Post by zachariah »

I wonder if Cricket has a page of Faebook?

Drops a mushroom circle in the jar. That is the only sure way to contact the Fae Servers.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:I wonder if Cricket has a page of Faebook?
Sorry, but Claire from Questionable Content already made the ultimate Facebook pun.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Note, Atsali is blushing in that last panel...
I also notice that her freckles disappeared when she started to blush. Perhaps a siren's freckles are actually chromatophores - possibly even motile ones? :ugeek:
shadowinthelight wrote:Sorry, but Claire from Questionable Content already made the ultimate Facebook pun.
That one was definitely worth the bonus points of an "... and stay out!" tacked onto the end.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Nimrod wrote:A teacher would never send other students to find one not in class especially when there is rumor of a recent fight - weak explanation or bad teacher.
It's my understanding that it isn't too uncommon for school administrators to single out more mature and responsible (in theory, at least) students to sort of police the other students in routine minor matters, such as rounding up stragglers in the hallways or organising queues or whatever. I may be wrong on that, however.
zachariah wrote:Cricket. . .as a Fae is prone to stirring things up and causing trouble.
That could be, but it's a bit early to say. We've only really seen her in the immediate aftermath of a fight, which from the sound of it might have been provoked by the guy who she clobbered. It could very well be that the story of how Fae behave has been as badly garbled as the story of Oedipus outwitting the sphinx or of those hideous vicious Gorgon sisters. Calista might not back down from trouble, but also not go around actively starting it from scratch.

Or she could be the type who goes around decking anybody who she even thinks is so much as thinking about how funny her size is. Time shall tell. Perhaps. Unless it decides not to.
shadowinthelight wrote:I'm waiting for this line:
"Thank you Atsali! But our princess is in another battle!"
Or, ". . .with another, Castela!"
She does, but it is of little interest.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Sorry, but Claire from Questionable Content already made the ultimate Facebook pun.
That is a good one but it is not the ultimate. That is still lurking out there somewhere.

Considering most Fae fly. Can we follow Cricket on flitter?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

Catawampus wrote:
Nimrod wrote:A teacher would never send other students to find one not in class especially when there is rumor of a recent fight - weak explanation or bad teacher.
It's my understanding that it isn't too uncommon for school administrators to single out more mature and responsible (in theory, at least) students to sort of police the other students in routine minor matters, such as rounding up stragglers in the hallways or organising queues or whatever. I may be wrong on that, however.
zachariah wrote:Cricket. . .as a Fae is prone to stirring things up and causing trouble.
That could be, but it's a bit early to say. We've only really seen her in the immediate aftermath of a fight, which from the sound of it might have been provoked by the guy who she clobbered. It could very well be that the story of how Fae behave has been as badly garbled as the story of Oedipus outwitting the sphinx or of those hideous vicious Gorgon sisters. Calista might not back down from trouble, but also not go around actively starting it from scratch.

Or she could be the type who goes around decking anybody who she even thinks is so much as thinking about how funny her size is. Time shall tell. Perhaps. Unless it decides not to.
shadowinthelight wrote:I'm waiting for this line:
"Thank you Atsali! But our princess is in another battle!"
Or, ". . .with another, Castela!"
She does, but it is of little interest.
OW! :roll:
as363

Post by as363 »

A Lot of good comments ..But.. No Mention of the Vault. So if you feel a tap on your shoulder - and a voice says "Pardon me but I think you owe...you better have something good in your hand that you can hold out behind you .(without looking of course).

Just saying...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

*offers up a couple jugs of moonshine: one to Cmdrpowers to dull his/her/its pain, and one for the vault to use as it sees fit*

I'd offer some faerie-cakes as well so that you're not drinking on an empty stomach, but they're in short supply these days. If you make them with the right amounts of the right ingredients, you can even have faerie-poundcakes, which are often a smash hit.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Our Pun Vault is SRS BZNS.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:I'd offer some faerie-cakes as well so that you're not drinking on an empty stomach, but they're in short supply these days. If you make them with the right amounts of the right ingredients, you can even have faerie-poundcakes, which are often a smash hit.
You're saying that it's "In for a punny, in for a pound" I guess?

(Places a silver comb in the Pun Jar, lest the Jar smash me in the head and give me a mallet mullet)