Sabrina Pandora Guest Art 2014-06-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Sabrina Pandora Guest Art 2014-06-18

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Or else it was another Asiti Shard.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
SabrinaPandora

Re: Sabrina Pandora Guest Art 2014-06-18

Post by SabrinaPandora »

Mmmmmmmmmmaaaaayyyybe... :P
AnotherFairportfan

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Or else it was another Asiti Shard.
{Plug for my brother's - and others' - work}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Aw, dangit, I did NOT want to have to do another webcomic archive dive.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote:Aw, dangit, I did NOT want to have to do another webcomic archive dive.
I need to go back and finish the one i started a while ago.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

You know, it occurs to me that this thing could easily been dispatched with a boom stick...

Shop Smart

Shop S-Mart
Dave

Post by Dave »

txmystic wrote:You know, it occurs to me that this thing could easily been dispatched with a boom stick...
Or, the backblast from the abruptly-released portal energy might have boiled away most of the Great Lakes.

Never mess with the Powers That Be when they're on a junk-food run. They get cranky.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hey, that wasn't entirely bad.

I like GG. (Not as much as that "other" GG - you know, the one from Mechanicsburg, but still.)
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
and an awesome series it is, as well... and if i could be so bold as to ask; do you know what he's currently working on? and if so, are you able to tell us?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

jwhouk wrote:Hey, that wasn't entirely bad. I like GG. (Not as much as that "other" GG - you know, the one from Mechanicsburg, but still.)
I like the Golem Girls myself. 8-)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
AnotherFairportfan

scantrontb wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
and an awesome series it is, as well... and if i could be so bold as to ask; do you know what he's currently working on? and if so, are you able to tell us?
No definite info - but I know that he and Ringo are working on another three 'Roger" books, and he and Flint have at least one more "Torch" book in the planning stages (and i hope it's better than the last one).
SabrinaPandora

Post by SabrinaPandora »

jwhouk wrote:Hey, that wasn't entirely bad.

I like GG. (Not as much as that "other" GG - you know, the one from Mechanicsburg, but still.)
Thanks! And that's one of the many reasons we're "GGA"... too few defining letters makes for mixups :)

And yeah, the Foglios are still way better at this than we are. But we're drinking milk, and someday...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Careful. They have likely a three decade head start on ya. ;)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:No definite info - but I know that he and Ringo are working on another three 'Roger" books, and he and Flint have at least one more "Torch" book in the planning stages (and i hope it's better than the last one).
Cool, thanks for the info. now if he could do a fourth one in the Dahak series, I'd be in heaven... :D
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Wyvern wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Hey, that wasn't entirely bad. I like GG. (Not as much as that "other" GG - you know, the one from Mechanicsburg, but still.)
I like the Golem Girls myself. 8-)
FYI they started out in the comments as the GGG -- Giggling Golem Girls. Perhaps the G3 then?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

scantrontb wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:No definite info - but I know that he and Ringo are working on another three 'Roger" books, and he and Flint have at least one more "Torch" book in the planning stages (and i hope it's better than the last one).
Cool, thanks for the info. now if he could do a fourth one in the Dahak series, I'd be in heaven... :D
Tell me about it.

Don't know if i mentioned this, but our dad had signed editions of all of Doc Smith's "Skylark" and "Lensman" books and Dave and i both had red them all before we were sixteen.

I think it shows in the Dahak books.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Don't know if i mentioned this, but our dad had signed editions of all of Doc Smith's "Skylark" and "Lensman" books and Dave and i both had red them all before we were sixteen.

The Lensman series books were awesome too. though i haven't actually got any of them anymore (they disappeared when i left home to go to the navy, blargh), but i remember them pretty well. i haven't read the Skylark ones but i have at least heard of them. i just wish i could find them in decent shape and/or not hundreds of bucks each so i can re-read them again... earlier on i helped fund a kickstarter that's doing just that, they are keeping old scifi books that are out of print from disappearing altogether, by scanning them and converting to E-books... http://savethescifi.com/ i just wish THOSE would be on there, oh well. can't have them all :-)
Last edited by scantrontb on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Most or all of them are available on Amazon for reasonable prices; "Skylark" and "Triplanetary" are available in free Kindle editions.

Personally, i wish someone would do reprint versions of the original magazine serials of the "Lensman" stories, without the rewrites that laid out the backstory for ROM the beginning and expanded/rewrote "Triplanetary" to make it part of the series.

In the original serials, the reader knew exactly what Kinnison knew - no more, no less.