Cool Down 2012-08-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Cool Down 2012-08-07

Post by Fairportfan »

Oooh. Very very leonine.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Casey

Re: Cool Down 2012-08-07

Post by Casey »

One of those days where Phix skips the Earl Grey, and reaches for the Jack Daniels?
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Casey wrote:One of those days where Phix skips the Earl Grey, and reaches for the Jack Daniels?
...I think we're past the point of chemical relaxation - it's punching-bag/tree-trunk time. Something's Gonna Get Mauled.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Indeed. Let's just hope it isn't something/somebody we know.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sadly they will leave Phix alone which is not what she needs. She needs a caring person to sit with her and offer silent support and just listen. Quick someone call Brandi! She's about the only one who could do it and survive.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

themadkansan wrote:it's punching-bag/tree-trunk time
That's what I was thinking. For a sphinx size scratching post one of those giant Redwoods should suffice.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

This comic makes one realize how much of an idiot Bia is. Talking as if having nigh-omnipotent power and an extremely long lifespan is enough to make everything OK.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

zachariah wrote:Sadly they will leave Phix alone which is not what she needs. She needs a caring person to sit with her and offer silent support and just listen. Quick someone call Brandi! She's about the only one who could do it and survive.
I completely agree!

Someone who is indestructible needs to walk right up to her and just -hug-
ImageImage
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

WilliamCA wrote:This comic makes one realize how much of an idiot Bia is. Talking as if having nigh-omnipotent power and an extremely long lifespan is enough to make everything OK.
Well, sure it is.

Ain't nobody can tell her otherwise.

Well, maybe she's created someone who can...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I feel like Monica right now. I just want to go over, hug Phix and let her know you're there for her.....Buuut, I'd probably get my FACE ripped off right about now.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Fairportfan wrote:Oooh. Very very leonine.
My thoughts exactly. :) I really liked that image.
zachariah wrote:Sadly they will leave Phix alone which is not what she needs. She needs a caring person to sit with her and offer silent support and just listen. Quick someone call Brandi! She's about the only one who could do it and survive.
Well...Bud and May could survive it too...but Brandi can be a bit feline as well, so maybe that makes her better suited to talk/hug things over with Phix? Then again, maybe that would result in her turning her mental game on Bia since she's so protective of the people she cares about...what was that she said about being able to plan things out so that someone ended up cutting out their own tongue?

On second thought...send in May. She's a mom. She'd understand.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Yeah, Shelly is gettng that from Nudge. It looks like Phix is on her own, sadly.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

On second thought...send in May. She's a mom. She'd understand.
A good thought but May can be an (air head/bitch/manipulative/angry) at times. It would depend on which side of May was up when you sent her in. ALso it has never been shown that May knows about the library. If she has then I've missed it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

WilliamCA wrote:This comic makes one realize how much of an idiot Bia is. Talking as if having nigh-omnipotent power and an extremely long lifespan is enough to make everything OK.
If you read Greek/Roman mythology, you'll find that the gods were not very nice at all and represented the excesses of man. Kinda like the old saw, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Bia is a Titan, an elder 'god.' Effectively immortal and powerful. But remember, she has motives that we don't understand fully yet. Her tactics may be distasteful, but might be necessary in an end justifies the means sort of way.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Enjoying it immensely, but, uh...

...that should me "a mite" rather than "a might."

As in, "a small amount" or "a tad bit."

Sorry. Hazards of being the offspring of a linguistics professor.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Ok... she just walloped a titan THROUGH stone masonry... she is padding off for YOUR protection... I have seen this behaviour before. DO. NOT. FOLLOW. Allow main boilers to equalise before approaching, and even then approach with caution. There's a mighty powerful charge held by a mighty flimsy trigger and you don't want to pull it...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

I belueve Zachariah called the right thing for Phix. Brandi cán explode violently, but nót when someone else's well-being is concerned.

Por Phix. Being banished first, than being forced to keep mum about Shelly being her grand daughter. Grand-children are, apparently, véry important to grand-parents.

And Bia? Whatta piece of work. The typical arrogance and lack of empathy that the classical stories about The Parthenon continuously point-out.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Hope Shelly has sense enough to see that Phix didn't want to hide this from her and probably was just trying to find the right time to tell her, hope that after she is done watching the sunset with Nudge, she goes straight to Phix and give her grandma a big huge lion-worthy hug. Now for Shelly's actual mom.... she is a jerk, as titans or other mythological godlike beings usually are.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Prester Fred wrote:Enjoying it immensely, but, uh...

...that should me "a mite" rather than "a might."

As in, "a small amount" or "a tad bit."

Sorry. Hazards of being the offspring of a linguistics professor.
Also "what's going on".

Wasn't gonna mention it, but since i can hide behind you...)
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Oooh. Very very leonine.
Yes, indeed... moreso than we've ever seen portrayed before, I think.

It's consistent, though, with what Euryale is saying, and with what Brandi said to Bud after the big bar fight, and even with what Bia said to Shelly. Sphinxes are apex predators. Their nature is that of a powerful, aggressive animal. Even though they are sentient (and even wise) this predatory violence can dominate their actions in times of stress, overwhelming the other aspects of their natures.

This is something that Shelly is going to have to come to terms with, as she's just as much sphinx as human. Her sphinx heritage may even hold dominance over her titan blood... the latter may even bring out the power and aggression of a sphinx more fully. It's all within her, and cannot be denied.

I imagine this is part of what she's thinking about, as she watches the sunset.

"Thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lion eyes."