Moving 2014-05-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Moving 2014-05-06

Post by Dave »

Wow - one of those big life transitions coming up... half a fire's worth, according to the old cliche.

All the best with your preparation and move, Paul - take good care of your family. We'll be here when you get back.

(Atsali and Castela are going to have time for plenty of cake!)
shadowinthelight

Re: Moving 2014-05-06

Post by shadowinthelight »

Good luck, Paul. Just remember to settle down on the lee of the stone.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yup, we'll be OK, Paul. You just worry about staying sane whilst uprooted; we'll keep ourselves occupied here. And we promise to play nice with any guest artists. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

For a true treasure like Wapsi Square, we'll wait. Take your time, do what needs doing.

Me, I just might take the time for an archive binge...
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

Oooh, it's gonna be a hard month.. this is one of my daily staples... XD Maybe I'll take up an archive binge myself...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

eek
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Man talk about a long cliffhanger...

Good luck Paul!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

davids4250 wrote:Man talk about a long cliffhanger...
He's giving the girls time to really savor that chocolate cake.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Prirorities! :) Good luck -- and don't rush yourselves! We'll still be here. :D

Wildcat
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Real Life comes first! We'll be around....

Umm, State Well? As in State approved water well or some quantum thing for high powered laser design? Having a disconnect thinking of Casa Pablowaspi being guarded by the Cobra Defense System needing and upgrade!

At least it keeps away pesky salesmen and such.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:Real Life comes first! We'll be around....

Umm, State Well? As in State approved water well or some quantum thing for high powered laser design? Having a disconnect thinking of Casa Pablowaspi being guarded by the Cobra Defense System needing and upgrade!

At least it keeps away pesky salesmen and such.
I think you're onto something with the laser idea, Atomic:
  • Lasers are a quantum phenomenon, which work by using energy to raise subatomic systems to a higher energy state and then releasing this energy in a controlled fashion.
  • Modern nano-manufacturing processes can create one- and two-dimensional "quantum well" structures, which make it easier to control such quantum transitions electronically.
  • Wapsiverse demons are also a quantum phenomenon
  • Based on his Amazon wish lists over the past few years, it appears that Paul is fond of target-pistol shooting. He's written a similar habit into Monica's character, as well.
Put these all together, and the answer is clear. Paul's decided to move his family to a more rural location, so that he can expand his target-shooting practice to include high-energy laser weapons training. He's going to be building his own quantum-well lasers using organic dyes and advanced micro-inkjet printing technology (upgraded versions of the giclee color printers he uses to make the Wapsi Square prints) and he'll be powering his lasers by fueling them with his own personal demons!

It's likely that this is a long-standing dream of his, dating back to the first time he ever succeeded in getting a demon to lase properly. There's no question: Paul misses Doubt-fire.

(places a dilithium-crystal goblet into the Pun Jar)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

No worries. Another favorite webcomic, Girls In Space, is also in the middle of a "Moving into a new home" hiatus, and the readers are being treated to pin-ups, and the continuation of Spence's second "Alphabet Girls" series, this time based on reader suggestions. As long as we get occasional hints that you're still alive, all is groovy with me.
as363

Post by as363 »

Agree with all the comments posted above. Take as mush time as you need - we'll make do with horrid puns - and assorted Picture Posts. We have enough avid posters to keep us all amused .
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Looking at the pattern of Atsali's wings, I think one of my uncles could make some really impressive War Dance bustles with enough loose feathers.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:It's likely that this is a long-standing dream of his, dating back to the first time he ever succeeded in getting a demon to lase properly. There's no question: Paul misses Doubt-fire.

(places a dilithium-crystal goblet into the Pun Jar)
:| ....this is gonna be a LOOOONG hiatus. (kidding, of course. That was actually quite well done, Dave. :D )
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

was this a sudden thing, or something that was planned, but just not likely to happen... until it did!... i'm curious because the way you said that "we JUST found out that we WILL BE moving" and then the next line "and NEED TO BE PUT in a new state" sounds like this was an involuntary forced-move (to me anyways)... is everything OK otherwise?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

My dad was with the same company for nearly 30 years when the company's parent decided to sell off most of its subsidiaries. The new parent sent Dad and much of his department to shore up another subsidiary 825 miles away the following year. Dad moved and scouted for our new home in his spare time; he returned for us that June. The movers finished packing everything and loading their truck a couple of days after my 11th birthday, around 1AM. We spent the rest of the night in a motel.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

You definitely have my sympathies Paul. I've moved enough times in my life that it is way down on the list of things I want to do. (Somewhere below handing a monkey a loaded pistol) Good luck and take your time, the fans will wait.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Google "Act 10" and "Ethan Allen School", and you'll have found out why I wasn't around much in 2011.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Old-school military brat here, we moved every 18 months or so, along with summers in exotic locations while Dad was TDY. 47 states and 3 foreign countries by the time I was 15. Not to mention the year I registered for 4 schools and only got to attend 2 because we had to move before we could go to school... 8th grade was very hard on me.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.