Stay Calm 2014-04-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Aed

Re: Stay Cakm 2014-04-25

Post by Aed »

Wyvern wrote:Interesting choice. Years ago the USAF used CO2 extinguishers to wrangle chimps around - the blast was noisy, was cold, made a big cloud, and was generally dramatic and intimidating but didn't hurt them. (Never mind why the USAF had chimps; that's several other stories.) It would probably work on teenagers.
If memory serves me, Katherine is an Airforce veteran. Though Paul will finish this episode in his own fashion, my mind's eye sees Katherine with a CO2 fire extinguisher in both hands - wisps of frosty vapor lingering after the discharge; her face set in a glare that strikes fear into any child - regardless of their age, and wearing a t-shirt that reads:
Catawampus

Re: Stay Calm 2014-04-25

Post by Catawampus »

Fairportfan wrote:
sheik wrote:
Catawampus wrote:So, you think that they've given her the key to police sirens?
I think a good bullhorn would be sufficient.
If it really got bad something quieter would need to be used...jacking a shell into a pump shotgun.
Umm - i think you missed something there...
Though it is debatable on whether he can truly be said to have missed out on anything.
AmriloJim wrote:<tangent>Since today's offering implies "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting." perhaps we can suggest that somebody's sister would sure look cute in braces and boots?</tangent>
(Oh, and please remember that the British use of braces would be as clothing accessories rather than orthodontic.)
I suspect that she'd still manage to look cute in either form of braces.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Timotheus wrote:I am going to go out on a limb a limb and say we are going to see a display of "Mommy Voice (+6)".
Capable of freezing errant offspring in their tracks at 500 meters, reducing 300 kilo hulking brutes to blubbering babes, and stopping childish behavior in nano seconds.
I believe Katherine has already shown this ability as developing earlier with Atsali and it should be quite mature by now. And since both targets seem to display normal youthful attitudes beneath their paranormal exteriors they should be very susceptible to it.
I think we are about to find out Atsali's and Castela's full names. Every. Last. Syllable.

Stops them in their tracks. Because that is when you KNOW MOTHER IS ANGRY.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Aed wrote:us with poorer eyesight
And now I've got the creeping guilts. Not for my objections, really, but I could have been less snarky; maybe asked the reason instead of smarting off right out of the gate.

We cool?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Folks, speaking of angry...

Several of you have neglected to feed the pun jar.

You DON'T want to deal with a hungry pun jar.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Warrl wrote:Folks, speaking of angry...

Yeah... you wouldn't like it when IT's angry...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:
Warrl wrote:Folks, speaking of angry...

Yeah... you wouldn't like it when IT's angry...
OK... I'll 'fess up... :oops: like Batman's valet, "you have cowled me on it". I thought I was going to get away with that "de-vined Miss M", but after seeing Castela switch into her warbramble form I don't think I'm safe.

Not sure what to offer the Jar, though.

The best I can think up, right on the spur of the moment, is a reference to an interesting tale which might be relevant to the current fracas.