Stupid Diary 2014-04-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Stupid Diary 2014-04-24

Post by jwhouk »

All is not well in the Gilchrist household...

And Castela doesn't realize she just poured gasoline on the fire with the Diary comment.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Re: Stupid Diary 2014-04-24

Post by Dave »

Oh, that little admission is certainly going to have its consequences. :o Hell hath no fury, like that of a teen whose diary has been broached by an Unauthorized Party.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Worse: an unauthorized little sister.

Whose stammer goes away when she's talking about something embarrassing.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Uh-oh, Bro's and sis!

Can i have an "Uh-oh"?

"Uh-oh!"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

This does not bode well for harmony in the Gilchrist household.

I feel sorry for Atsali, especially as the Older Sibling in a relationship.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I don't recall if Oscars bowl has a tiny castle in it, but if so, there's a good chance he's hiding inside of it. I sure would be.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Cue the song. Chase in 3...2...1...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm so glad our fourth wall is rated at Armageddon Class 6++ (Adolescent)(PMS)(Chimera)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

"If you didn't want me to read it, why did you leave it in plain sight in a locked box covered by t-shirts in the top left drawer of your dresser? Huh? Huh??"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

/me takes Atsali aside and starts making her a custom dress form. Benefit being, she's bound up in duct tape for a bit...

I'm beginning to think clothes on Atsali just start shrinking...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Lil Sis' Horns are-a show'n....

Be-waAare...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:I don't recall if Oscars bowl has a tiny castle in it, but if so, there's a good chance he's hiding inside of it. I sure would be.
Or he's watching intently rooting for the day when it is just he and Katherine again.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

(Out of control sisters) X (Out of control scissors) = ???

http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/siren ... ttack2.mp3
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Panel three, here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/round-one/

*cues Michael Buffer*

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

This is going to get interesting. Kathryn going to have her child wrangling skills tested
1. Keep Atsali under control
2. Get Castela to understand exactly why she has just been grounded for a week
3. And now the difficult part -- Inquiring as to what species the boy Atsali is interested in is? Think about it, that is going to be more important than religion for paranormals. Odds are Atsali doesn't know.

Kathryn is going to need some time in the Library checking paranormals compatibilities. She also needs to bone up on siren behavior and social issues, because Atsali is going to need some help, or just a shoulder to cry on, at some point. Phyx is likely to be more than a little helpful here. Might be a good idea to pass on anything she learns to Monica as well, Atsali is likely to pay more attention to Monica on issues involving their common problem.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

OOH!, Castela... them thar's Fighin' Words!!... you Never admit to reading your sisters diary!....

My2Cents wrote:This is going to get interesting. Kathryn going to have her child wrangling skills tested
that's easy.. yell "Go to your room!" when she balks, yell it again... and if she's feeling generous, add in "I'LL deal with Castela, now GO!"
IF Kat survives the next few minutes, sure... remember that conversation Castela had with Tina about other kids being mean, by saying that she killed somebody?... this may be how, the person she killed tried to get in between a p.o.'ed Castela and whomever she was going for at the time. then again, remember Atsali's cut off comment from when she kicked Katherine in the face( during the adventure)? that implies that a "normal" human would NOT have survived that kick, but the fact that Kat DID survive meant that she is NOT a "normal" human, but something else.. so Katherine might be able to survive a fight/tantrum with a fully transformed Castela.
3. And now the difficult part -- Inquiring as to what species the boy Atsali is interested in is? Think about it, that is going to be more important than religion for paranormals. Odds are Atsali doesn't know.
why a racist comment like that, who cares what species he is? she can like who she likes... the IMPORTANT question is: Does He REALLY Like Her Back?... and by that i mean, NOT for her stereotypical reputation as a "sure thing", but for HERSELF as a person... and in this matter i really hope that Monica is brought in for consulting/brain-picking for strategies to find out, since she's had to deal with crap like that from 3rd grade on.

one thing i noticed, on both times that Castela has transformed, it looks like shes turning into the same form that the Nu Gui took after she was evicted from Brandi (when she was yelling at the vampire's) could that be why she doesn't remember doing those things that the other kids say she did? she was under the control on a Nu Gui at the time?, similar to how Brandi didn't consciously know about the stuff Sr. Director Oduya was doing, but DID know that stuff was wrong and out-thought it with her putting the extra crystals around the gates? could Castela be having the same kind of issues here? not remembering, but sub-consciously knowing there's something wrong, but being a six-year-old, she doesn't have the knowledge/experience to override the Nu Gui's control to be able to articulate it to anybody that can do something about it?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

My2Cents wrote:This is going to get interesting. Kathryn going to have her child wrangling skills tested
1. Keep Atsali under control will not be a major problem. In all her anger moments so far she has just yelled, or chased Castela. Even with the camera incident she did not let her anger carry her away. So that will not be the problem. The problem will be if Sali will die of embarrassment.

2. I don't think grounding is the best sort of punishment for Castela. If she grounded that means she in her pot with soil and enjoying herself. I think being banned from the beach and other excursions would have a larger effect. Writing lines might also work on her. It is hard to think of any discipline that would be effective or have an impact enough to get the point across. But Castela does need to know that there are boundaries one should not cross.

3. Why does that matter? From the various para's we've seen there does not seem to be a whole lot negative viewpoints on cross species. Sali is half siren. Shelly is half sphinx. There are a lot of other blends as well. So I really doubt that is a big issue. The point should be is he a nice boy or a jerk?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:3. Why does that matter? From the various para's we've seen there does not seem to be a whole lot negative viewpoints on cross species. Sali is half siren. Shelly is half sphinx. There are a lot of other blends as well. So I really doubt that is a big issue. The point should be is he a nice boy or a jerk?
On the other hand, considering how concerned Atsali is about the reputation that Sirens have for being shameless sexual predators, I'd think there might be some... well, "interesting" consequences if the young man she's interested in turned out to be from a Satyr family. The school's rumor-mill grapevine would probably light up as if it had been hit by lightning... catty remarks about her relationship being in a rut, and all that sort of thing.

I'm not sure that even her queen-bee sorta-ally Gotlieb could do anything to quell the gossip. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if some of what Atsali confessed to her diary, is concern about the reputation thing. How can she go about determining whether this cute boy likes her, without her slightest "move" being interpreted by the gossip-prone as "a trashy Siren moving in and using her powers and her body to seduce and steal the boy that (I / my friend / half the girls in school) deserve"?

It's a tough situation for Alsali... not necessarily a no-win, but difficult to navigate...

... and having it tossed out into public (family at least) by a snoopy little sister makes it ten times worse.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yeah...and that right there is one of the reasons I'm glad I'm an only child. :)

*crawls back into the obscure shadows created by Not Enough Time To Check Forums*
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Oh no she DID-unt!

Have the MJ gif above pass me some of that popcorn...now that the little one's horns are showing, this may not be a normal chase scene...