Pajama Top 2014-04-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Pajama Top 2014-04-22

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
zachariah wrote:
Wdot wrote: Snrrk. Teletubby. :lol:
Be honest now. Any adult who has had to watch that show for two or three years for their young kids would glady perform a similar operation for any one of them(the teletubbies that is) if offered a chance.
Give me five minutes alone with Spongebob and a pair of shears that big. That's all i ask...
Now, now. My wife took a great deal of comfort and relief from watching Spongebob when she was going through cancer treatment about a decade ago... the mania of the humor seemed to counteract the dire "downer" side effects of the radiation and chemotherapy. Her attitude was rather like that of Lisa Simpson..."Pray for help! Jesus... Buddha... Spongebob... whoever!" :D

I think she's still got the big fuzzy Spongebob fleece blanket I bought for her from a roadside vendor.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Give me five minutes alone with Spongebob and a pair of shears that big. That's all i ask...
Spongebob is awesome (if you are high (or so I've heard)). No, seriously, I've never taken drugs before. Can you imagine how much more screwed up I'd be if I did?
Some of my friends over the years - mostly the one more likely to be psychopharmicolically altered at any given moment - have expressed a certain horror at the thought of me on speed.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Some of my friends over the years - mostly the one more likely to be psychopharmicolically altered at any given moment - have expressed a certain horror at the thought of me on speed.
It does kinda moggle the bind, doesn't it?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

And now FPF is Tedd from EGS (Yes that's a male in that avatar). Catsala with the scissors in her head does give me the heebies (but not the jeebies).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:And now FPF is Tedd from EGS (Yes that's a male in that avatar). Catsala with the scissors in her head does give me the heebies (but not the jeebies).
I'm amazed she knows the Teletubbies - are those eldritch horrors still infesting the airwaves?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Fairportfan wrote:I'm amazed she knows the Teletubbies - are those eldritch horrors still infesting the airwaves?
Wiki reports Ragdoll produced the show for BBC '97-'01, 365 eps in all. PBS aired them '98-'08. So, it's been 5+ years since a broadcast, but the damned things live on...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:I'm amazed she knows the Teletubbies - are those eldritch horrors still infesting the airwaves?
Well, the official U.S. http://www.teletubbies.com site seems to be off the air (nonresponsive) but the official U.K. site is up. The latter suggests that the show is on the air in some countries. The U.S. reference points to the PBS "Sprout" network, but that network's site seems to lack any knowledge of the Teletubbies. So, perhaps, the airwaves per se are safe (at least in this country).

Would you be satisfied with this? Maybe we could get you an autographed set? Arrange to put it on carousel-play, continuous transmission in your neighborhood? It'd take simply years to wear out the discs... :twisted:
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Fairportfan wrote:are those eldritch horrors still infesting the airwaves?
There's an app for that.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:And now FPF is Tedd from EGS (Yes that's a male in that avatar). Catsala with the scissors in her head does give me the heebies (but not the jeebies).
I'm amazed she knows the Teletubbies - are those eldritch horrors still infesting the airwaves?

Just goes to show you that some abominations just refuse to die. (Kinda like politicians) ;)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Give me five minutes alone with Spongebob and a pair of shears that big. That's all i ask...
Spongebob is awesome (if you are high (or so I've heard)).
Dave wrote:My wife took a great deal of comfort and relief from watching Spongebob when she was going through cancer treatment about a decade ago... the mania of the humor seemed to counteract the dire "downer" side effects of the radiation and chemotherapy.
From what I've gathered, the first few seasons of SbSp were the best; only in the past couple of years (i.e, after the movie was made) has the quality taken a dip. I don't watch it often myself, so I can't really confirm this.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I'm reminded of when one of my more curvy female acquaintances once asked me why I'd been reluctant to buy a shirt for her when she wasn't there to try it on. I told her that I don't like buying clothing for women because the extra measurements that I don't have to worry about on myself mess up my mental estimations of how the durned things will fit. She agreed that she could see how that would be a problem.
NOTDilbert wrote:Just had a thought - I hope Kath doesn't have any Miracle Gro for her rooftop container garden - if Castela got into it - probably tastes yummy to her - she could have the biggest six-year-old in MSP to go with the most, uh bountiful teenager.
Or she'd end up with a very sick Whatsit. Too much of those salts can do unpleasant things to a plant's osmotic pressure gradient and cause it to shrivel up and die.
Dave wrote:Now, now. My wife took a great deal of comfort and relief from watching Spongebob when she was going through cancer treatment about a decade ago... the mania of the humor seemed to counteract the dire "downer" side effects of the radiation and chemotherapy. Her attitude was rather like that of Lisa Simpson..."Pray for help! Jesus... Buddha... Spongebob... whoever!" :D

I think she's still got the big fuzzy Spongebob fleece blanket I bought for her from a roadside vendor.
A good friend of mine had just turned in her doctorate thesis after a very long and stressful time working on it, and so I took her out for as non-academic an evening as I could manage. This involved going out to watch the Spongebob movie at the cinema (I've never seen any of the television episodes), followed by dinner at a game arcade. It was quite the success, though we did get a few odd looks from parents who were there with their children.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Catawampus wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Just had a thought - I hope Kath doesn't have any Miracle Gro for her rooftop container garden - if Castela got into it - probably tastes yummy to her - she could have the biggest six-year-old in MSP to go with the most, uh bountiful teenager.
Or she'd end up with a very sick Whatsit. Too much of those salts can do unpleasant things to a plant's osmotic pressure gradient and cause it to shrivel up and die.
She'd probably get really thirsty - "Mom, can I drink from the bathtub, I'm really thirsty." "Uh, sure, sweetie, didn't know you needed watering." "Thanks, Mom!" - and proceeding to lay in a tub full of cool water (or chocolate milk, if she can sneak it by) till - Castelazilla!

Yeah, you gotta dilute that stuff :mrgreen:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Some of my friends over the years - mostly the one more likely to be psychopharmicolically altered at any given moment - have expressed a certain horror at the thought of me on speed.
It doesn't moggle everyone's bind: Hoodwinked came up with a squirrel on caffeine.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

From what I've read, supposedly a fair number of city-park squirrels are addicted to caffeine, sugar, and nicotine.

They get all three from garbage cans.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

bmonk wrote:
Dave wrote:
It doesn't moggle everyone's bind: Hoodwinked came up with a squirrel on caffeine.
and "Over the Hedge" made do with an energy drink...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Warrl wrote:From what I've read, supposedly a fair number of city-park squirrels are addicted to caffeine, sugar, and nicotine.

I've seen squirrels working on french fries. And chicken bones. At least, I assume they're chicken bones . . . .
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Typeminer wrote:
Warrl wrote:From what I've read, supposedly a fair number of city-park squirrels are addicted to caffeine, sugar, and nicotine.

I've seen squirrels working on french fries. And chicken bones. At least, I assume they're chicken bones . . . .
Well, we do know that squirrels taste like chicken... So who knows...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Having ate a few fried they do taste a lot like chicken nuggets.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Why are we talking in a thread that's over six months old?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Thor

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote:Why are we talking in a thread that's over six months old?
Dude! Major Party Foul! :x

Why don't you just let everyone know that the Emperor has no clothes while you are at it?