Be Okay 2014-04-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dr. Otter

Re: Be Okay 2014-04-11

Post by Dr. Otter »

Wyvern wrote:
Catawampus wrote: By the end of the event, the pony's head was impaled on a sharpened broomstick and suspended somehow from the ceiling of the eatery that they had rented for the evening.
The 'silvery unicorn with lavender hair' would be Rarity.
I've watched many episodes with the D'otters, and I can definitely see hoisting Rarity's head on a spike.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wyvern wrote:
Catawampus wrote:One of the many, many side jobs I've done over the years is making and decorating cakes. A little while ago, a lady was having a My Little Pony themed baby shower and ordered a cake from me. It was of a freestanding pony figure (I have no idea which character: a silvery unicorn with lavender hair), about three feet tall. Alcohol was served at the party (I'm assuming that the mother didn't partake) and things apparently got a little bit carried away. By the end of the event, the pony's head was impaled on a sharpened broomstick and suspended somehow from the ceiling of the eatery that they had rented for the evening.

I think that I shall continue my current status of having never attended a baby shower. . .it seems safer that way.
The 'silvery unicorn with lavender hair' would be Rarity. (Upon experimentation, the forum board doesn't seem to process BBCode image scaling commands. Darn.) Does this unicorn look familiar? The 'Mane Six' characters are helpfully given obviously different character designs, so it's easy to describe which one you mean.

Remember this?

Last edited by Fairportfan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dr. Otter wrote:I've watched many episodes with the D'otters, and I can definitely see hoisting Rarity's head on a spike.
Would you give a cheery little wave when you saw it happen?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:One of the many, many side jobs I've done over the years is making and decorating cakes. A little while ago, a lady was having a My Little Pony themed baby shower and ordered a cake from me. It was of a freestanding pony figure (I have no idea which character: a silvery unicorn with lavender hair), about three feet tall. Alcohol was served at the party (I'm assuming that the mother didn't partake) and things apparently got a little bit carried away. By the end of the event, the pony's head was impaled on a sharpened broomstick and suspended somehow from the ceiling of the eatery that they had rented for the evening.

I think that I shall continue my current status of having never attended a baby shower. . .it seems safer that way.
Speaking of maltreated cake that might have ruined events - i understand the band and the dancers got a little overly frisky with the cake at the end of this video and they had trouble finding enough footage for the end that they could use on MTV...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:I've watched many episodes with the D'otters, and I can definitely see hoisting Rarity's head on a spike.
That WAS excellent - although the other cheery little wave - later - was good also. :mrgreen:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

A Good Birthday to you, Paul Taylor! Also, it's good to see you're feeling better.
Dr. Otter wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Catawampus wrote: By the end of the event, the pony's head was impaled on a sharpened broomstick and suspended somehow from the ceiling of the eatery that they had rented for the evening.
The 'silvery unicorn with lavender hair' would be Rarity.
I've watched many episodes with the D'otters, and I can definitely see hoisting Rarity's head on a spike.
:shock: Buh....hhrrrnnngg....fffft....

[several deep breaths later]

That's OK. I disagree because I rather like Rarity, but it's OK that you feel that way.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:
That WAS excellent - although the other cheery little wave - later - was good also. :mrgreen:
too bad they didn't jump-cut to the scene where Vir gets his wish GRANTED!... THAT would have been truly Awesome, indeed.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

zachariah wrote:
Notice that Lily is the only smoker we've seen in the strip. She can smoke and not worry about it as it simply cannot harm her. But none of the others smoke unless you count Monica and then only when she's on fire.
I think I remember Lydia - Monica's bra engineer - smokes using a long cigarette holder....?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

scantrontb wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:Would you give a cheery little wave when you saw it happen?
too bad they didn't jump-cut to the scene where Vir gets his wish GRANTED!... THAT would have been truly Awesome, indeed.
Behold - his wish is Granted!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Wyvern wrote:The 'silvery unicorn with lavender hair' would be Rarity.
That would be the one. Blue diamonds and all. Only without the magical floating mirror (I charge extra for physically impossible bits such as that, and the woman wasn't willing to pay the additional twenty pounds of diamond dust and forty talents of gold).
I just wonder if it wound up in somebody's bed the next morning.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Catawampus wrote:
That would be the one. Blue diamonds and all. Only without the magical floating mirror (I charge extra for physically impossible bits such as that, and the woman wasn't willing to pay the additional twenty pounds of diamond dust and forty talents of gold).

The symbols on their flanks are a thing in My Little Pony; I'm not sure who thought this up in the '80s or why it was believed to be a good idea then (marketing, I assume), but apparently the current show is the first to give any in-world discussion of them. So Rarity will be seen with the diamond design, barring animation errors.

Minor telekinesis a thing unicorns do in that world. No extra points for guessing the pegasus ponies' obvious ability. ;)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Wyvern wrote:
Catawampus wrote:

The symbols on their flanks are a thing in My Little Pony; I'm not sure who thought this up in the '80s or why it was believed to be a good idea then (marketing, I assume), but apparently the current show is the first to give any in-world discussion of them. So Rarity will be seen with the diamond design, barring animation errors.

Minor telekinesis a thing unicorns do in that world. No extra points for guessing the pegasus ponies' obvious ability. ;)
And now poor Twilight has to learn to use two abilities at the same time. But unlike chewing gum and walking at the same time Flying and using telekinesis has a more painful learning curve (I have a (sort of) niece so don't judge me :D ).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Okay, I'm not a Brony... can someone tell me who's who in the two "Mane Six" pics?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

jwhouk wrote:Okay, I'm not a Brony... can someone tell me who's who in the two "Mane Six" pics?
Lessee, there's Adam Levine (lead vocals, lead and rhythm guitar), Jesse Carmichael (keyboards, rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Mickey Madden (bass guitar), James Valentine (lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals) and Matt Flynn (drums, percussion).
Wait, that's only five... stupid voice recognition software took "Mane 6" and returned "Maroon 5."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Catawampus wrote:
I just wonder if it wound up in somebody's bed the next morning.

Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Okay, I'm not a Brony... can someone tell me who's who in the two "Mane Six" pics?
Left to right: Rarity, (their little dragon buddy - Spike?), Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinky Pie and Fluttershy

and

Left to right: Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinky Pie, Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. Front: Rarity with the wrong colour hair.

===========

Pinky Pie discovers Rule 34:

=====================
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Actually, yeah - if you'll indulge a metaphor I think I can! Consider the following player characters:

Twilight Sparkle (purple unicorn), Lawful Good Wizard. Nerd and main magic user. While her character sheet is totally munchkined out, she's being played by a dramatic roleplayer; go figure. Among her power-build quirks is Spike, her familiar/flunky/whatever, who despite being very young is, you'll notice, a freaking dragon. Moreover, her mentor is Princess Celestia, the god-empress who raises the sun every morning. Despite all this, she's played well and plays up her personality not her abusive rules bashing.

Rarity (white unicorn), Chaotic Good-ish Rogue, diplomancer build. She blew lots of points on social and manipulation skills, and also Craft (clothing). Her player loves chewing the scenery; while their nation is ruled by a princess, the party has a drama queen. While not a combat character she also doesn't need to be; she's perfectly capable of talking her way into-- I mean, out of trouble.

Rainbow Dash (blue pegaus), Chaotic Neutral Barbarian. She took Wisdom as her dump stat - and her Intelligence and Charisma aren't anything to write home about either. But she's awesome in the air, faster than anyone else, and one of the two most physically capable PCs in the party. She's also the PC most likely to try solving a problem by hitting something.

Fluttershy (yellow pegasus), Neutral Good Druid. While shy (duh) around people she comes into her own around animals; she can both talk to them and if necessary command their obedience. She's also a very sweet person; none of the townsfolk want to see anyone being mean to Fluttershy. Despite being a pegasus, she's afraid of heights.

Applejack (orange regular 'earth' pony), Lawful Good Ranger. She and her family run an orchard outside town, and she's known as the most dependable of ponies; she's the sane one who all the psychologically quirky characters can play off of. She's got excellent scores in Strength and Wisdom, and doesn't seem to have any dump stats at all; she's also the only one who a human wouldn't consider having at least one 'power.' Applejack is the only one who rivals Rainbow Dash in physical prowess, at least on the ground.

Pinkie Pie (pink earth pony), Chaotic Good Bard. She's hyperactive, outgoing, and a non-stop ball of sugar rush...unless she looses her confidence in herself, when things can get sad. Her other weakness is not always being good about spotting when not to clown around. She's the one likely to burst into song at a moment's notice, or produce pastries from nowhere. She has a party cannon that shoots confetti and streamers. Her player is a loonie but a lot of fun to have at the table. Only Pinkie ever breaks the fourth wall.
Last edited by Wyvern on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Wyvern wrote:
Actually, yeah - if you'll indulge a metaphor I think I can!

Twilight Sparkle (purple unicorn), Lawful Good Wizard. While her character sheet is totally munchkined out, she's being played by a dramatic roleplayer; go figure. Among her power-build quirks is Spike, her familiar/flunky/whatever, who despite being very young is, you'll notice, a freaking dragon. Moreover, her mentor is Princess Celestia, the god-empress who raises the sun every morning. Despite all this, she's played well and plays up her personality not her abusive rules bashing.

Rarity (white unicorn), Chaotic Good-ish Rogue, diplomancer build. She blew lots of points on social and manipulation skills, and also Craft (clothing). Her player loves chewing the scenery. While not a combat character she also doesn't need to be; she's perfectly capable of talking her way into-- I mean, out of trouble.

Rainbow Dash (blue pegaus), Chaotic Neutral Barbarian. She took Wisdom as her dump stat - and her Intelligence and Charisma aren't anything to write home about either. But she's awesome in the air, faster than anyone else, and one of the two most physically capable PCs in the party.

Fluttershy (yellow pegasus), Neutral Good Druid. While shy (duh) around people she comes into her own around animals; she can both talk to them and if necessary command their obedience. She's also a very sweet person; none of the townsfolk want to see anyone being mean to Fluttershy. Despite being a pegasus, she's afraid of heights.

Applejack (orange regular 'earth' pony), Lawful Good Ranger. She and her family run an orchard outside town, and she's known as the most dependable of ponies; she's the one who all the psychologically quirky characters can play off of. She's got excellent scores in Strength and Wisdom, and doesn't seem to have any dump stats; she's also the only one who a human wouldn't consider having at least one 'power.'

Pinkie Pie (pink earth pony), Chaotic Good Bard. She's hyperactive, outgoing, and a non-stop ball of sugar rush...unless she looses her confidence in herself, when things can get sad. Her other weakness is not always being good about spotting when to clown around. She's the one likely to burst into song at a moment's notice, or produce pastries from nowhere. She has a party cannon. Her player is a loonie, but a lot of fun to have at the table. Only Pinkie ever breaks the fourth wall.
Friendship is Dragons for the win!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Pinky Pie discovers Rule 34:
Twilight shows Pinkie Pie the internet (featuring Tara Strong's actual voice)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Pinky Pie discovers Rule 34:
Twilight shows Pinkie Pie the internet (featuring Tara Strong's actual voice)
Seen that one.
=====================
=====================
mike weber