Just Being Mean 2014-04-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sphinx-Napped

Re: Just Being Mean 2014-04-02

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

oh damn get someone give her a hug stat. she transforming her facial features are less and her face is looking longer and smooth and those horns...

if i would say that her body transforms when her mental state changes i.e when she happy and not threatened she takes the form of a innocent child,but as she grows somber and angry her body beings to match her mental state as well i have feeling we are going to see her true attack form and i dont mean when she was in the orphanage when she was up set and crying....
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Well we saw that her grade was working on appearing human. It takes concentration to maintain that facade of humanity. The memory of being teased is upsetting Castella enough that she's losing her concentration and it's slipping. The more she practices the better she will be at maintaining it through emotional storms. Poor Castella, teasing is bullying and it hurts.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Okay Castella, your starting to freak me out now.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Wdot wrote:Well we saw that her grade was working on appearing human. It takes concentration to maintain that facade of humanity. The memory of being teased is upsetting Castella enough that she's losing her concentration and it's slipping. The more she practices the better she will be at maintaining it through emotional storms. Poor Castella, teasing is bullying and it hurts.
This is also reinforcing a feeling I have had about her origins. I was guessing that she was not "born" but created by some form of alchemy or (mad) science. I originally thought she might have been something created to hold a specific soul and the soul either did not connect and a new soul formed or the soul was altered in transit to become a younger one. In either case the alchemist (or wizard as you like) though the experiment failed and abandoned the new born and she was found by someone in the know. This is looking more and more to be that her soul is far older than we (or she) thought and Mr. Meadows may know the whole truth .
I have a grave doubt that Meadows would have told any of the other orphans that she killed anyone, even if it was true so the "taunts" could not be true. But it is possible that the "taunts" were not real at all but her subconscious memories trying to assert themselves and with that the form she was expected to have when created.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:This is also reinforcing a feeling I have had about her origins. I was guessing that she was not "born" but created by some form of alchemy or (mad) science. I originally thought she might have been something created to hold a specific soul and the soul either did not connect and a new soul formed or the soul was altered in transit to become a younger one. In either case the alchemist (or wizard as you like) though the experiment failed and abandoned the new born and she was found by someone in the know. This is looking more and more to be that her soul is far older than we (or she) thought and Mr. Meadows may know the whole truth .

I have a grave doubt that Meadows would have told any of the other orphans that she killed anyone, even if it was true so the "taunts" could not be true. But it is possible that the "taunts" were not real at all but her subconscious memories trying to assert themselves and with that the form she was expected to have when created.
You know, what you're saying there (and the fact that Natalie watched the movie yesterday afternoon after school) has me thinking about Lilo & Stitch...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Poor kid. the others probably heard some of the circumstances of her arrival, and latched on to the juiciest portion of info they overheard, and ran with it. But Castela will learn the lesson provided by such fare as both the TMNT movies, and Kung Fu Panda: that a sad birth does not equal a sad life. Tina is a good one for Castela to talk with, she is currently how she is from not-quite-sunny incident.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
Mark N wrote:This is also reinforcing a feeling I have had about her origins. I was guessing that she was not "born" but created by some form of alchemy or (mad) science. I originally thought she might have been something created to hold a specific soul and the soul either did not connect and a new soul formed or the soul was altered in transit to become a younger one. In either case the alchemist (or wizard as you like) though the experiment failed and abandoned the new born and she was found by someone in the know. This is looking more and more to be that her soul is far older than we (or she) thought and Mr. Meadows may know the whole truth .

You know, what you're saying there (and the fact that Natalie watched the movie yesterday afternoon after school) has me thinking about Lilo & Stitch...
That film is the main reason I always wondered if Casti was weaponized before Meadows found her and deactivated her. She may even have been the new "chimera" for this age. She is in good company now with the girls.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:That film is the main reason I always wondered if Casti was weaponized before Meadows found her and deactivated her.
We don't know if she's prone to blossom in blue flowers, do we?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Meanwhile, someone gets drunk enough to sing the "Giant Woman" song from Steven Universe to Bud, Jin, and Brandi.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Fairportfan wrote:If she was all that dangerous, they'd never have put her in gen pop at the orphanage (especially given that there are always gonna be mean kids who will tease) for fear of her actually hurting someone...
Remember, that was no ordinary orphanage. Castela is perhaps the strangest thing *we* have seen there, but Atsali the half-siren was also there and apparently was within the "ordinary" range. The Library is connected to the orphanage somehow.

But I'm wondering about Mr. Meadows. For some reason I find myself thinking that he speaks ancient Greek fluently, plays a multiple pipe, and has goat-like legs.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Warrl wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:If she was all that dangerous, they'd never have put her in gen pop at the orphanage (especially given that there are always gonna be mean kids who will tease) for fear of her actually hurting someone...
Remember, that was no ordinary orphanage. Castela is perhaps the strangest thing *we* have seen there, but Atsali the half-siren was also there and apparently was within the "ordinary" range. The Library is connected to the orphanage somehow.

But I'm wondering about Mr. Meadows. For some reason I find myself thinking that he speaks ancient Greek fluently, plays a multiple pipe, and has goat-like legs.
Wasn't he the crocodilian?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:Remember, that was no ordinary orphanage. Castela is perhaps the strangest thing *we* have seen there, but Atsali the half-siren was also there and apparently was within the "ordinary" range. The Library is connected to the orphanage somehow.
I was going to say: "Waddya mean, HALF siren?" but after searching for corroborating strips, I'm not so sure, anymore... She calls herself a siren, Castela calls her a siren, she even calls herself a siren again, while at the same time talking about having hoped to inherit more of her dad's genes, which would seem to imply that he wasn't a siren, which would make her only half a siren... But then again, are there male sirens? If not, aren't all sirens, by definition, only part siren? But if that was the case, they would have "diluted the brand" a long time ago, unless being a siren was the dominant gene for females, but recessive in male offspring, so it doesn't matter so much who the father is, as long as the mother is a siren, the female offspring will also be a siren?

Incidentally, Bud also refers to her as a siren, not a half siren...
So does Atsali, again...
And again...
The gym teacher and Gotlieb do it too...

Come to think of it, we know that sphinxes are born as humans, so presumably from one human parent, and the other sphinx (typically, except in Shelly's case, where it was the son of a sphinx - presumably carrying it as a recessive gene, or something, and a titan), so it might be the same for sirens. In spite of having one human parent, they still end up as sirens, though perhaps only for the female offspring. Having written that, it occurs to me that the sphinxiness was passed on to Shelly through her father, though he didn't exhibit any such traits. So it is conceivable that had Atsali's mom been a "normal" human, and her dad the offspring of a siren (regardless of how far up the line?), she would still have probably ended up a siren.

In other words, no "half siren", as far as I can tell. So I guess I'll stand by my original comment:

Waddya mean, HALF siren?
illiad

Post by illiad »

oh dear.. I think you may be overworking the point... :) we dont usually call someone half black, half english, etc.. and then it all depends on dominant genes, how two dark-haired parents can somehow produce a red haired baby.. :mrgreen:

I may be 'half manchester' by my dominant side is scottish, so..... :?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:oh dear.. I think you may be overworking the point... :) we dont usually call someone half black, half english, etc.. and then it all depends on dominant genes, how two dark-haired parents can somehow produce a red haired baby.. :mrgreen:

I may be 'half manchester' by my dominant side is scottish, so..... :?
Of course, there's a difference between differentiating between groupings or variations within one's species (black, white, asian, etc), or even one's country of origin, or their parents' country of origin, one's descent (my wife, for instance, is half italian and half german - but all American...), and differentiating between species/hybrids (like we see in the mythologicla beings, like a minotaur, a siren, or a sphinx/sphinx-titan). So I think the mental workout is a valid exercise in this case. I'm not saying my conclusion is necessarily the right one, but I'm showing my work, so that others may correct it if need be. :geek:

A mother once asked her daughter why there was a blank page, amidst the many filled pages of her math workbook. The daughter answered that this was the page for mental calculations...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

There are a number of magical races in legend or fiction that are all one gender who reproduce by breeding with other races or with humans. The offspring are either all of the one race or are of either race depending on gender. Presumably sirens either have only female young, give up male children to their fathers' people ... or drown them at birth.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:. Presumably sirens either have only female young, give up male children to their fathers' people ... or drown them at birth.
So Sirens are the Amazons of Greek legend??
illiad

Post by illiad »

:\ the thing about myths, legends, etc.... is you can say anything about them, and it also helps authors get more inspiration for the next story... :mrgreen:
and if humans were actually able to breed with any animal, there would be a lot of strange stuff about... :roll: :o :shock:
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

illiad wrote::\ the thing about myths, legends, etc.... is you can say anything about them, and it also helps authors get more inspiration for the next story... :mrgreen:
and if humans were actually able to breed with any animal, there would be a lot of strange stuff about... :roll: :o :shock:
WOULD be? Have you seen the "People of WalMart" website? :shock:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
illiad

Post by illiad »

NOTDilbert wrote:
illiad wrote::\ the thing about myths, legends, etc.... is you can say anything about them, and it also helps authors get more inspiration for the next story... :mrgreen:
WOULD be? Have you seen the "People of WalMart" website? :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: well tell me when see horse tails or pigs feet!! (not on the checkout, on the customer!!! :mrgreen: ) :lol: :lol: