Queen Bee 2014-03-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Queen Bee 2014-03-27

Post by shadowinthelight »

I wouldn't use the word like but at least it isn't hate.

And Euryale in the second panel could join Georgette as a model.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Re: Queen Bee 2014-03-27

Post by NOTDilbert »

Euryale could model for anything....except maybe hair-care products....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

i love the comic as usual, and there's no offense intended, but Euryale looks WAAY too similar to both Bud AND Monica today... well, except for her breast size of course, but you know what i mean... some days it get real confusing as to try to distinguish who's who in any given panel...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

She is kinda skinny.

=============

"I caught a few boys staring at my boobs."

Sweetie, not even the queen bee can stop that.

It's the nature of the beast.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

scantrontb wrote:i love the comic as usual, and there's no offense intended, but Euryale looks WAAY too similar to both Bud AND Monica today... well, except for her breast size of course, but you know what i mean... some days it get real confusing as to try to distinguish who's who in any given panel...
Way too tall to be Monica, and actually too tall to be Bud - Atsali is taller than Bud, as i recall.

Also, one of her snakes is peeking in Panel One.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I thought Euryale was a bit bustier too... In the last panel she looks a bit more like Atsali

That being said, yeah... Miss Gottlieb won't go out of her way on any normal day but let something out of the ordinary and She'll be right there for Atsali.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jerry Lewis

Post by Jerry Lewis »

DilyV wrote:That being said, yeah... Miss Gottlieb won't go out of her way on any normal day but let something out of the ordinary and She'll be right there for Atsali.
More than that, the fact that Atsali hasn't been bullied or harassed despite her hard-to-miss appearance suggests that Miss Gottlieb may already have been there for her -- speaking up for her when Atsali isn't around to hear it, making sure nobody gives her trouble.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I think what is throwing off Eurayle's look from what we're used to seeing is her expression. We're seeing her in a rare serious moment, at least for us.

We're used to seeing her in full on fangirl mode around the big dogs in Tue cast. She has a serious case of hero worship for Monica, Shelly and the GGGs.

Here, with Atsali, we're seeing what Eurayle is like with those who are more"normal" to her, at least in her world.

It just kind of seems weird to see her out of drunken huggy fangirl mode, because that's how we're used to seeing her.

This is the Eurayle most of the world deals with on a regular basis, not what we're used to.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

...and losing a bit of her West Texas accent.

Wonder how much of that is put-on, since, i assume, her first language would have likely have been Classical Greek.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Fairportfan wrote:She is kinda skinny.

=============

"I caught a few boys staring at my boobs."

Sweetie, not even the queen bee can stop that.

It's the nature of the beast.
:lol: ROFL -- when my female friends moan about that, I just say, "hey at least they *are* looking!! :) you are *worth* it, girl.. - men cannot help it, and if they don't look, then they may actually be looking at your *boyfriend*!!! :P :)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Fairportfan wrote:...and losing a bit of her West Texas accent.
Boxilar wrote:We're seeing her in a rare serious moment, at least for us.
Accents do tend to get stronger when someone is relaxed. It only makes sense the inverse would happen with her speech becoming more formal when serious.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:I thought Euryale was a bit bustier too... In the last panel she looks a bit more like Atsali

That being said, yeah... Miss Gottlieb won't go out of her way on any normal day but let something out of the ordinary and She'll be right there for Atsali.
Misss Gottlieb is neutral to Sali. By discouraging harassment of Sali is about all she will do. It is easy for her to say, "Her? Why waste of our time?" and ignore Sali. That is all it takes. She may feel she needs to repay Sali for helping her but that we can't tell until something happens that requires it. I really thinking calling her anything more is assuming something that isn't there.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:I thought Euryale was a bit bustier too... In the last panel she looks a bit more like Atsali
Take a look at her first appearance in the strip, here and the next day or two. She doesn't seem to be particularly busty in those strips.

Also consider this profile - it's from a distant viewpoint, but Euryale looks even less busty than Bud.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

What's throwing me off is her freckles/age spots.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
dadman

Post by dadman »

jwhouk wrote:What's throwing me off is her freckles/age spots.
That and the normal—not limpid—eyes. Seeing a little bit of that Terry Thomas tooth-gap would help too, when her hair's not gone serpentine. :)
Yo soy un papa.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Now, wanna see me turn Monica into an ice cube?"
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

It's agreat party trick.

And then Monica bursts into flame and resurrects ... naked.

And all the boyfriends etc go "Oh dammit" when they hear what they missed.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
sheik

Post by sheik »

zachariah wrote:

Misss Gottlieb is neutral to Sali. By discouraging harassment of Sali is about all she will do. It is easy for her to say, "Her? Why waste of our time?" and ignore Sali. That is all it takes. She may feel she needs to repay Sali for helping her but that we can't tell until something happens that requires it. I really thinking calling her anything more is assuming something that isn't there.
I wouldn't say neutral.
I think instead Atsali is Gottlieb's ace in the hole.
When everything else turns against her she'll turn to Atsali because, as they used to say, Atsali's "A Brick".
And that should test your age for slang terms.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

sheik wrote:I think instead Atsali is Gottlieb's ace in the hole.
When everything else turns against her she'll turn to Atsali because, as they used to say, Atsali's "A Brick".
And that should test your age for slang terms.

a Brick...HOUSE!... Definitely! (THAT'S why all the boys are looking in the first place goofy!)

a Brick, as in "A Rock, or a Reliable Person"... most definitely for sure, as seen by her insistence that Castela is part of the package for adoption, especially in light of the scene a few minutes earlier between those two... if she weren't a "brick" then she (w)could have ditched Castela there at the orphanage and gone off with Katherine alone.

i hope that Gottlieb get's the chance to mellow out and not be such a snob (from what little bit we saw of her, i tend to think that's not her personality, but it's mostly as a front she put's up for people like Krystle) if she were to start hanging around Atsali more often, all the while hoping that Atsali doesn't over think it and start trying to emulate the way Gotlieb was when we first saw her in order to "fit in" more and end up picking up the bad habits that G has displayed so far... kinda like the Revenge of the Nerds movies... in the ?second one? (not sure) it starts out with the main character acting EXACTLY like the Jocks were in the first movie, and it backfires on him until he realizes that it was just a phony act he had to portray just to "fit in"and he was no longer the Nerd that he once was, and the changes were NOT for the better... blah, blah, blah... hilarity ensues until he changes back to the old style nerd he was and life becomes better again, etc., etc., etc... i hope we don't have to go through that with Atsali...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

scantrontb wrote:i hope that Gottlieb get's the chance to mellow out and not be such a snob. . .
The fact that she thanked Atsali is a good sign, I think. As discreet and less-than-entirely tactful as it was, it was apparently a voluntary act on Jessie's part.
kingklash wrote:"Now, wanna see me turn Monica into an ice cube?"
"Sounds cool!"