Guess What 2014-03-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Guess What 2014-03-24

Post by Opus the Poet »

DAWWWW!!!

If they made a Cute Bomb, then a little kid would be the primer.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Re: Guess What 2014-03-24

Post by Fairportfan »

Heh. I have that sort of conversation with my five-year-old granddaughter sometimes.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Looks like Bud shut off the "drunk" switch.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's your family. It always has been. Not because you're related, but because they care.

You shouldn't run and hide from those who care about you.
That hits pretty close to home right about now.

Just a month ago this weekend, a friend I've had for over twenty years was badly injured in a car crash... broke many bones, concussed, bled out and "died" twice during the initial triage, and spent a week in an induced coma. He's going to make it, fortunately... a tough old guy. He's an extremely independent and self-reliant (and rather anti-authority) figure who's spent a lot of years helping others, volunteering his time and his strong back to their projects. Npw, he's facing months of rehab before he can even walk on his own.

People have been popping in from all over the state (literally) to visit him, bring his wife food so she doesn't have to cook, holding ceremonies for his healing, etc. I think he's been taken a bit by surprise by the massive amount of support and sympathy.

Someone who visited him this weekend just wrote: 'One of the things he kept repeating as he was talking to me and an old friend that came by, was that when he finally became more lucid, he realized "wait a minute, I am alive, and I have people who love me, friends and family", and he becomes quite teary.'

That is perhaps the greatest wealth we can have: that there are people who care about us... that we create a "second family" around ourselves, through who we are and through what we do.

After 80,000 years, Jin, it's about time you enjoyed your new family!
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Let's see now what would Castela be hiding in her hands? A hermit crab, a small starfish or maybe a sand dollar?

Love the look on Jin's face in that last panel!
Vive la weird!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Love the facial expressions in the last panel, especially Jin's.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

JSStryker wrote:Let's see now what would Castela be hiding in her hands? A hermit crab, a small starfish or maybe a sand dollar?

Love the look on Jin's face in that last panel!
Knowing this crowd - and the Laws of Paranormal Probability - she probably just rescued a waterlogged fairy, or a tiny seahorse centaur.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Leak

Post by Leak »

Monday cliffhanger!!1
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I think that's the first time I've seen a contented look on Jin's face... it suits her...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

DilyV wrote:I think that's the first time I've seen a contented look on Jin's face... it suits her...
Nah ... Lemme see ...

How 'bout this one?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Fairportfan wrote:How 'bout this one?
First one I thought of too.

... does "all those dorks" include Bia and Phix?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
illiad

Post by illiad »

well the urban dictionary says.."Someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times. A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks." :)

so yeah... as long as *they* don't mind being labelled as such...among friends, it's no problem..

and as for 'that one' ... not even good friends can give you that warm feeling, unless they fill your hot water bottle for you!! :) :)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

It wasn't the definition of dork I thought Bud might be stretching, but rather that of family.

Well, obviously she was stretching the definition of family, I just marvelled at her stretching it to include even Bia and Phix, if that's indeed what she did. 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sidhekin wrote:It wasn't the definition of dork I thought Bud might be stretching, but rather that of family.

Well, obviously she was stretching the definition of family, I just marvelled at her stretching it to include even Bia and Phix, if that's indeed what she did. 8-)
She stretched it to include those who care about Jin. That is a good definition for any family. Now the question is does Bia care for anybody? She does care about fixing things, but the individual pawns I kinda doubt it. We know how she treated Shelly and even as a child she has shown NO REMORSE about what she did to Shelly. So Bia is NOT part of the family but she is involved with them.

I have seen families that do not fit this definition at all and they are pretty bad, and sad.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

JSStryker wrote:Let's see now what would Castela be hiding in her hands? A hermit crab, a small starfish or maybe a sand dollar?
A baby stinky?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

And Castela wins another one.
Sidhekin wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:How 'bout this one?
First one I thought of too.

... does "all those dorks" include Bia and Phix?
Well, Phix and Jin DO have a long history since they kept collaborating through all the CM resets. We don't know how Bia and Jin feel about each other.

I keep having this mental image of everyone dealing with their own interests - Connie and Shelly knocking back shots together, Monica and Nudge trying to sort out Tina's problems with her while Atsali listens and keeps an eye on Castela, Bud helping Jin... and off to the side, Phix in Sphinx form holding Bia off the ground by her hair with one paw while hitting her repeatedly in the face with the other and making her bounce around like a tether ball.

You know, the usual sort of fun and games the WS crowd gets into.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Go ahead Jin you're allowed to smile. Castella has that effect on everyone..... Ah yes theres nothing as sweet a sound as listening to a Little One babble on like a brook. So cute.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I just hope that Castela didn't find a giant sea urchin, and is now wanting Jin's help in opening it. . .

I wonder if she was trying to gather up sea-shells to make a Disney's Little Mermaid style outfit for Euryale?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Catawampus wrote:I just hope that Castela didn't find a giant sea urchin, and is now wanting Jin's help in opening it. . .

I wonder if she was trying to gather up sea-shells to make a Disney's Little Mermaid style outfit for Euryale?
If she did a lot of us would go into Shell Shock.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:I think that's the first time I've seen a contented look on Jin's face... it suits her...
Nah ... Lemme see ...

How 'bout this one?
No, no, no!!! Happiness is a warm butt... In today's strip, she is supremely content!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.