As A Girl 2014-03-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

As A Girl 2014-03-14

Post by shadowinthelight »

And the laughs just keep coming. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Re: As A Girl 2014-03-14

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jin's day is certainly having it's ups and downs.

Also: beer goggles for Conscience = EPIC FAIL.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

BAD Connie!

No messing with Jin's head!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

@_@ OMG, Did Conscience just tell Jin she needed to get laid?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

all the creepy mummy girls is seriously irking Jin's pseudo-PTSD XD

also everytime Bia speaks, she jsut tends to put all the cards on the table in one breath.

i guess someone who's been around as long as her with the company she keeps has learnt to air out all the laundry immediately before shit goes down later. Communication does kill, or cause misunderstandings that cause century long feuds
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wow. I thought that a drunken golem was a hazard.

A drunken elemental... one who was already direct and rather tactless when sober... yee-ha! "Merriment ensues!" :roll: :lol:

One can only imagine what Connie is going to be like in the morning, when the world-class hangover kicks in.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Six months from now, when I go back and read through all these in a straight forward and linear manner, I'm sure these will still be funny but also start making all sorts of logical sense. But for right now I'm finding it impossible to keep up with all the plot line hop-scotch/musical chairs. I'm recalling possible back links, but not enough to make sense of things. I'm certain sky diving squirrels on bicycles into lake Calhoun will come into play any moment now.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Tenjen wrote:i guess someone who's been around as long as her with the company she keeps has learnt to air out all the laundry immediately before shit goes down later. Communication does kill, or cause misunderstandings that cause century long feuds
That, or she's been around so long her filter is used up so it all just spills out.

And am I the only one who gets hungry for chicken wings every time Connie's arms do that bony look?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

DilyV wrote:@_@ OMG, Did Conscience just tell Jin she needed to get laid?
:shock: *goes to double-check* ....WHOA!! She totally did!! :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

shadowinthelight wrote:
And am I the only one who gets hungry for chicken wings every time Connie's arms do that bony look?

Be careful, Blackwolf may take offence....

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I'll bet Connie has been drinking Zombie's, Tina may have made them for her specifically.

Drops the most popular recipe into the jar:

1 part white rum
1 part golden rum
1 part dark rum
1 part apricot brandy
1 part pineapple juice
½ part 151-proof rum
1 part lime juice

This is perfect for quick effect.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

TazManiac wrote: Be careful, Blackwolf may take offence....

Careful. Bakshi may join the conversation and Avatar just may be watching. Besides that his arms were the result of mutation not being an elemental.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Joking aside. That is an interesting comment by Monica.

1. Bia was living in Lantis when the GG lost control and she was a young girl at that time. Does this mean she had not been in existance for very long when it happened, or just that she had spent a long time as a young girl and not growing up. (AKA Peter Pan type). It seems she was there long enough that Lantis was all she knew of life and the world. So was Bia born/created there as well?

2. It was all destroyed and that is the motivation for Bia trying fix everything? Including the prophecy from Sybyl.

3. Phix knew this and finally told Monica, but when did she tell her. It seems a lot of information was shared during the recent past that we never knew of. While it is a way to get the characters up to speed so they know what is going on it does leave us in the dark.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

:?:

Bud had nightmares "of destroying the Lanthian civilization"

Jin, due to her illness, had hallucinations of "creepy little mummy girl", and other dead people.

Bia: "I'm sorry for any nightmares my rage may have caused you."

:shock:

Did Bia, in here "rage" do something (a curse?) to cause the 'destroyer of the Lanthian civilization' to have nightmares of their actions, and unknowingly, horrible hallucinations to Jin?

I wonder how(if?) Brandi was also affected.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It's possible that Brandi wasn't affected. The Nu Gui may have just channeled all that rage from her own issues upon "possessing" Brandi.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

Connie's drunk. This probably won't end well.

Jin has apparently been out of the loop, so she probably doesn't know about Connie, Bia being Shelly's mother and Phix her grandmother, she obviously doesn't know about Bia being Tina's great grandmother, I would hope she knows about Brandi no longer being possessed AND that Monica is the Jaguar Girl. She's in for a lot of updates.

We still haven't seen Phix face to face with Bia. Even with Bia in child form, I suspect Phix might let her claws do the talking unless Nudge can keep her calm.

And I can't tell if Bia's got two black eyes or if those are the markings she shows as an adult.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Unless something's changed since the last time we saw Jin to any extent, getting laid is not a problem for her.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:3. Phix knew this and finally told Monica, but when did she tell her. It seems a lot of information was shared during the recent past that we never knew of. While it is a way to get the characters up to speed so they know what is going on it does leave us in the dark.
The Muppet Movie wrote:"But why are you telling us all this?"

"Exposition, dear. We have to put it in somewhere!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I just had a thought. Due to the time loop thing, could there be more than one Bia out there? Each loop creating a new "copy", who may or may not be able to step out into the library-verse, depending on stuff that happened in that loop.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

eee wrote:Connie's drunk. This probably won't end well.

Jin has apparently been out of the loop, so she probably doesn't know about Connie, Bia being Shelly's mother and Phix her grandmother, she obviously doesn't know about Bia being Tina's great grandmother, I would hope she knows about Brandi no longer being possessed AND that Monica is the Jaguar Girl. She's in for a lot of updates.

We still haven't seen Phix face to face with Bia. Even with Bia in child form, I suspect Phix might let her claws do the talking unless Nudge can keep her calm.

And I can't tell if Bia's got two black eyes or if those are the markings she shows as an adult.
Jin was the only one of the Golem Girls who was aware of the time loops and was working from within the system to fix the problem. Bia, Phix, Nudge and a host of others were outside of the system, trying to fix it. And they were all working toward one common goal while manipulating each other that resulted in one big Zanatos Pileup. Now that the initial problem has been dealt with (getting the Golem Girls under control) and the resulting half assed attempts to fix the problem (the Calander Machine) have been dealt with, and having made sure something like this never happens again (the World Grid and destruction of the Anasasi) , everone is dealing with the fallout.

Jin had pretty much dropped out of everything after the Calendar Machine. Shelly replacing her in the MiB just made it official. With her wish to be human granted and her schizophrenia cured, she's done. She suffered through losing the people she loved over and over again and having her plans to fix everything turn to ash over and over again. She was mentally I'll human girl stuck with an immortal body and a perception of the world others lacked that allowed her to see what was really going on.

Early in the story, when we didn't know nearly as much, Jin seemed to be the master manipulator making everyone else dance to her tune. Now we know she was walking a fine balance and pushing back against others, like Bia, Phix, Nudge, Brandi (both of them) and to a lesser extent, Bud.

She's done. She's had enough and she just wants to live out the rest of her life with Allen. So she hasn't kept up with what's going on.

Regarding the Bia's eyes, I'd say it's a bit of both.
Last edited by Boxilar on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.