Jinx 2014-03-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Jinx 2014-03-11

Post by Dave »

Oh... I see. Her dinner was a matter of steaking a claim on her new professional status.
Opus the Poet

Re: Jinx 2014-03-11

Post by Opus the Poet »

Jin brings out M's inner child? And vice versa?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:Oh... I see. Her dinner was a matter of steaking a claim on her new professional status.
Totally a business dinner... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Opus the Poet wrote:Jin brings out M's inner child? And vice versa?
Hmmmm... I've seen Mon and Jin Squee before... why the blushing now? Maybe Monica is getting a grasp on just how much Jin means to her... To be honest, for all their head butting, Monica has been closest to Jin than she was to Bud or Brandi
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

DilyV wrote:
Dave wrote:Oh... I see. Her dinner was a matter of steaking a claim on her new professional status.
Totally a business dinner... LOL
Yes! They had the McMuttons Rib Combo, don't cha know?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:To be honest, for all their head butting, Monica has been closest to Jin than she was to Bud or Brandi
Yes, it was especially evident the day they spent coming up with a plan for beginning a plan to make a plan to find a new island.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Interesting. Jin's workload is being redivided.

She was bound to the Calendar Machine, making her an immortal guardian of a kind, and that burden was transferred to Monica.

And her sacrifice to become part of the Chimera, and later help Bud and Brandi, is now being covered by Shelly; she and Connie are both buds to Bud, a welcome change from the constant conflict Jin faced. Brandi's post-nu gui life remains to be defined, but in trust Shelly will forgive her manipulating the hookup with Justin.

But Jin also has a snake or dragon aspect that was part of her before she became part of the Chimera. Considering Shelly's embrace of sphinxhood, the animal aspects of GGs are likely to have some important reveals in store...
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ummm - "handle the myself"?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Glad to see Jin has lost the grimdark she accumulated through the Calendar Loops. Disabling the machine, rescuing Mayahuel, and curing her mental problems - along with becoming "somewhat human" again; she's acting like a normal young woman. A normal young woman with some superpowers, but still....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:A normal young woman with some superpowers, but still....
Which, in this gang, is rather run-of-the-mill, really.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

DilyV wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Jin brings out M's inner child? And vice versa?
Hmmmm... I've seen Mon and Jin Squee before... why the blushing now? Maybe Monica is getting a grasp on just how much Jin means to her... To be honest, for all their head butting, Monica has been closest to Jin than she was to Bud or Brandi
I think it's because they did it in 'public' - in front of everybody; they both went just a wee bit bobbysocks there....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Fairportfan wrote:Ummm - "handle the myself"?
Fixed. Quick service.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Shelly doesn't seem too concerned about Euryale, does she?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I am so so happy right now, it feels like forever since we've seen her.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

OMG! Our little Shelly is all grown up now. She has even developed a taste for her fellow sphinxes (ewwwww!!). Still, now that she has crossed that barrier, I don't think I can look at Shelly quite the same again. The only threshold left is killing humans. The way things are going I expect to see that as well as her inhibitions fade more and more. I'm sure, not that long ago, killing a sentient creature would have been unthinkable to her. The eating raw part totally repulsive. Not anymore. She's an official "monster" now. The killing and eating doesn't seem to faze her at all. In fact she's proud of it. She's losing her humanity, fast.

On the Other hand, she did share her kill with grandma, so I guess that's something. A gruesome, bloody, disgusting, utterly vile something, but something. She still shares at least. But only with family. I wonder if that's what Phix was talking about when she arrived? It's the sphinx way I guess. We should be thankful for small favors I suppose. After all, it could have been Shelly as the main course for the Apo instead. Though with that titan blood, it's doubtful that will ever happen. She may be more powerful than grandma ever was. Not to mention grandma going on an all out freakout to avenge Shelly's death if it did. She probably wouldn't stop until every Apo in the place was dead or she was. Hmmm, I wonder if there are any other half human sphinxes in the place or if they're all animal-headed apos?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:OMG! Our little Shelly is all grown up now. She has even developed a taste for her fellow sphinxes (ewwwww!!).
Probably like Lay's, hard to eat just one. :lol:
The only threshold left is killing humans. The way things are going I expect to see that as well as her inhibitions fade more and more.
Eat the competition may be acceptable in the sphinxosphere, but Shelly is a guardian sphinx. Her desire is to protect people.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Let's not get too down on Shelly. She and her grandma may have had a nice refined open pit BBQ with racks of ribs and veggie skewers and baked potatoes on the side.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

YEAH!!! Jin's back in the fold.

Knew she was still out there, but miss her being in the story line.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This is quiet a journey Shelly went on in a fairly short time. She started mentally as fully human up until her time in the forest. That is when she found out she was part Sphinx. From then on she was struggling with learning how to master her abilities as a Sphinx with Phix's help. From the meeting with Bia in the library to now she made huge steps in leaving her human side behind. The idea of killing another being and sharing the meal with her grandma is far from the mindset she had before. She was also told about the lies Bia pulled on her during this as well. It takes either great will power or large external forces to change a person this much this quickly. Combat will do it and other high stress events. So where are the ones that Shelly went through. Learning about BIa was upsetting but not stressful in the right way, that was just depressing for her.

Now she is calm and confident in what she is. This sort of change seldom happens this quickly. The Shelly we see here is not the Shelly we are used to seeing. This is a whole different Shelly. Would be nice if we found what sped the change up.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

If the two share a log relaxing jacuzzi would it be a slow Jinn fizz?

Shelly should be watching behind herself. A drunken gorgon approaches.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.