A Liquor Filled Kiss 2014-03-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
davids4250

Re: A Liquor Filled Kiss 2014-03-07

Post by davids4250 »

Nah, this is Euryale. With that Texas accent and the slight gap in the two front teeth. Besides, we have not been introduced to Medusa, formally. Last we heard she had settled down with Perseus, selling stone lawn statues.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Nope, not young enough.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yes, this is definitely Euryale. For a comparison, Paul is currently selling a sketch of Medusa.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

lake_wrangler wrote:Umm... not to be nit-picky, but... where are Connie's arms? :?
Trapped between her and Euryale bodies. It makes it difficult to squirm out of Euryale's hug-hold, no leverage.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

KnightDelight wrote:I believe this is little sister Medusa. Hopefully a kiss from her works as well as for Euryale's victims should something go awry.
davids4250 wrote:Nah, this is Euryale. With that Texas accent and the slight gap in the two front teeth.
Can't two sisters have a similar accent?
davids4250 wrote:Besides, we have not been introduced to Medusa, formally. Last we heard she had settled down with Perseus, selling stone lawn statues.
While I don't see any particular reason to have a new character dropped in all of a sudden, particularly since they are among friends, it is not impossible that Euryale might have had a visit from her sister, and asked her to tag along to this island party/intervention.

Of course, this may be mere inconsistencies between drawings (no one is ever %100 consistent...), there seem to be just enough differences between these two huggy moments to warrant a little-sister-is-in-town explanation:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/student-of-mine/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-liquor-filled-kiss/

The face on the latest one seems to be slightly more angular, the skin is freckled (though we've seen freckles and other skin markings come and go from one day to the next), and the bikini looks different.

[Ninja'd by Shadowinthelight, as I went looking for where I had seen that very sketch, and got sidetracked on Facebook]
Also to consider: we have been informally introduced to Medusa, via Paul's eBay store website, this week. And the face and freckles do look a lot like what we see on today's comic. On the other hand, the drawing on the eBay store does seem to be more, shall we say, "ample", and that's something that is less likely to change much... I'll just wait, and we'll probably find out soon enough...

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

It's pretty obvious from the little shits suddenly startled deer in the head lights expression, that Euryale's McLovin's came on with the speed and the force of a runaway Mac truck. LMAO!!!
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:[achmed] Holy Crap!!! [/achmed] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Question is, Was Connie trying to get them to line up to take their shots at bia, or was she egging them into helping Bia? Not a whole lot of sympathy for Bia among those on the island at the moment... least of all Shelly. Her cool remarks about the situation clearly show she definitely holds a grudge. She may not take part in the ass whuppin', but she's not going to interrupt either.
Getting them to help her. Connie administered the clue by four to Bia to get her attention and get her focused on getting things right this time. To a titan this was just a gentle slap upside the head you realize. Now she turns to the rest and tells them okay she's ready to listen now get your butts over her and do something! Doubt she even thought about how her appearance would affect other.

Love how the tension was broken.

As they say in Texas "Land snakes alive Darlin."

Drop a bitcoin in the pun jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

Panel 2: Absolute terror.

This is why people generate AT fields, like in Evangelion.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You know, I am starting to wonder if Euryale may have brought sis along with to the island to "introduce her" to everyone...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

How was I to know one of the cutest funniest thing ever would be a spifflicated Gorgon with (cross-eyed snakes in her hair no less) hugging an unwilling elemental and threatening to kiss her with alcohol tainted lips?
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Julie

Post by Julie »

BAHAHAHA! I love me some Gorgon! :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I'm pretty sure if we somehow got all three Gorgon sisters to group hug with a hydrogen balloon between them, we just might be able to generate a net positive fusion reaction. :geek:

I'm also pretty sure that the little blush lines on Connie's face are supposed to be blue, not red. No lungs can withstand that kind of pressure.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

You know, I'm not sure who's version of 'brute force' I find more terrifying. Connie's or Euryale's. :shock:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Hug Fairy for the win!

All those who don't believe in Evil, clap your hands. Around someone's back or waist.

(Re is it Euryale or Maddie: The cute pic of Medusa that Shadowinthelight linked to (auction ends over the weekend!) gives us all the measurements we need to know that it's Euryale doing the squeezing.)

PunPal has charged me one golden apple, divided into thirds.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

Getting them to help her. Connie administered the clue by four
Absolutely. She's blunt, she's direct, but as her name implies she's also basically fair.

And I wonder how often she has been hugged before. Might do her some good to realize that folks see thru her tantrums to the concern behind them...
Dave

Post by Dave »

In increasing order:
  • Gravity
  • The weak force
  • Electromagnetism
  • The strong force
  • Kentucky fried Gorgon hugs
Well, how else can we account for Euryale so easily redirecting an elemental? :geek:

I really want to know what's in that keg Nudge brought. Not sure I would dare drink any, though...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:In increasing order:
  • Gravity
  • The weak force
  • Electromagnetism
  • The strong force
  • Kentucky fried Gorgon hugs
Well, how else can we account for Euryale so easily redirecting an elemental? :geek:

I really want to know what's in that keg Nudge brought. Not sure I would dare drink any, though...
.....Or try to light a fire or smoke around it....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:
DilyV wrote:[achmed] Holy Crap!!! [/achmed] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Question is, Was Connie trying to get them to line up to take their shots at bia, or was she egging them into helping Bia? Not a whole lot of sympathy for Bia among those on the island at the moment... least of all Shelly. Her cool remarks about the situation clearly show she definitely holds a grudge. She may not take part in the ass whuppin', but she's not going to interrupt either.
Getting them to help her. Connie administered the clue by four to Bia to get her attention and get her focused on getting things right this time. To a titan this was just a gentle slap upside the head you realize. Now she turns to the rest and tells them okay she's ready to listen now get your butts over her and do something! Doubt she even thought about how her appearance would affect other.

Love how the tension was broken.

As they say in Texas "Land snakes alive Darlin."

Drop a bitcoin in the pun jar.
I don't know why, but I got the impression it was more along the lines of, "NEXT!!!" insinuating that everyone with a grudge line up... You have to admit, that line of thinking presents it's own entertainment...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:I really want to know what's in that keg Nudge brought. Not sure I would dare drink any, though...
.....Or try to light a fire or smoke around it....
Ummm. Good point. Doing so might add yet another item to the list of beach-damaging-and-destroying phenomena that these ladies have been involved with so far.

Let's see:
I suppose we could include the original slagging-down of Lanthis (melting a continent has to destroy at least a few beaches!) and perhaps the Mapimi nuclear criticality pseudo-volcano (I imagine that those deserts were beaches, long ago).

They're all mostly great characters, these ladies, but they do seem to be hard on the local real estate at times. Collectively, they've probably caused as much beach erosion as global warming has! :)

A trickster-powered Molotov cocktail would just be adding injury to injury.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Comanches are brought up to respect all their elders, no matter how one may generally feel about them, so Connie Wahnee may just have to tolerate getting nearly squeezed to bac-o-bits here. But she may just be getting introduced to a Inescapable Force of Nature nearly equal to a Jewish Mother: the Affectionate Tipsy Southern Aunt!