A Liquor Filled Kiss 2014-03-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: A Liquor Filled Kiss 2014-03-07

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Umm... not to be nit-picky, but... where are Connie's arms? :?
Her forearms, to be precise. Are the radius and ulna still separately visible or did the middle get filled in? Because that skeletal look was seriously creepy.
No, I wasn't referring to the arms-turned-to-skeleton deal. Her arms: they are long enough that if pinned against Euryale's body, the hands should be sticking out somewhere, even if only along the top of the legs. On the other hand, her shoulders are, presumably, from the location of the neck and head, in front of Euryale's own neck, so there's very little chance of them being along the back of Euryale, invisible to the camera. If they are in front of Connie, they should be sticking out. Her head is simply not far enough forward to have the shoulders past Euryale's neck, in order to allow the arms to hang down behind the back.
illiad

Post by illiad »

weyal... :mrgreen: ah do bulieve that connies shoulders & arms are buried within eurayles ample torso.. as monday's issue seems ta clarify :lol: ...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

My2Cents wrote:
zachariah wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Bud may be a clay golem, but I don't think she weighs any 186 lbs. That much weight on her thin, tiny frame would be noticeable.
She started as clay but the kiln turned her into something else. The flesh is an illusion. If she didn't have more weight she would not be able to manage her strength as well. She picks up a car and falls over when the weigth ruins her balance. 186 may be wrong but she is not light weight.
That depends on how she works.

At her power level she is unlikely to be able to depend on balance and leverage at all. For example -- just think about the forces involved in accelerating the remains of the calendar machine to 1/3 c in a couple of feet -- (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/sonic-boom/). It might be more accurate think of it as Bud is instinctively flying in formation with the planet, and she can easily counter balance any force she cares too. If she thought about it she could probably fly, it just probably has never occurred to her yet. Remember, the girls were barely self aware much of the time, and their activities, both mental and physical, restricted much of the rest. The ‘gods’ didn’t want them experimenting and maybe (accidently or otherwise) finding a way to get out of their control.
I remember doing some calculations on the "Sonic Boom" comic here. I think that gives us a pretty good idea of how much force was in play there.
I seem to recall a very interesting theory involving force, or maybe inertia displacement via wormholes, possibly the POIT network. Bud and the other Golems might be able to redirect force vectors, like Equal and Opposite Reactions and the Inertia of the Milky Way Galaxy's spinning through wormholes and into or out of objects. So she could take a bit of the galaxy's spin, redirect it into an object here on earth or through her body, and then take the Equal and Opposite Reaction and redirect it back into the Galaxy, resulting in crap getting accelerated to ridiculous speeds without recoil.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!