Batter Up 2014-03-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Batter Up 2014-03-04

Post by shadowinthelight »

Round 1, FIGHT! *ding*ding*
Last edited by shadowinthelight on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
txmystic

Re: Batter Up 2014-03-04

Post by txmystic »

Aw, snap!

It's a throwdown...and it's hilarious that Shelly (I assume it's Shelly) is trying to get Connie to show restraint...shouldn't that be the other way around?

Bia sure has a knack for stirring everyone up.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Why is Connie throwing down on Bia? I mean aside from the fact that Connie is/was a part of Shelly and Bia basically took a dump on Shelly as she was growing up, what has Bia done to Connie since Connie was created after Bia's "death" of a heart attack?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Whoa, I thought Acacia would crush Bia into a diamond but she showed restraint. I didn't think Conscience (aka Creepy Girl :D ) would make First Contact. Thats a twist.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:Why is Connie throwing down on Bia?
Well, somebody was bound to do it and she is Bia's only age appropriate foe right now.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Love Bud's expression in Panel Two*.

Wow. Connie's showing a physical side we haven't seen before.

Of course, she scared the poo out of the apos, as i recall...

===================

* EDIT: ...and Bia's, for that matter.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:Why is Connie throwing down on Bia? I mean aside from the fact that Connie is/was a part of Shelly and Bia basically took a dump on Shelly as she was growing up, what has Bia done to Connie since Connie was created after Bia's "death" of a heart attack?
Tina 1.0's soul is part of Connie (or so I believe is the most likely possibility).

We've never known who "set up" the "accident" that killed Tina, or who persuaded the various demons (Tina's and Shelly's) to break the rules... leading to all of them losing their memories, and to Connie's creation. Neither Connie nor Tina 2.x remembers.

If Connie has concluded that Bia was responsible, she might resent having been "set up"... the human soul which is part of her, would have died (or "died") because of Bia's manipulations. Connie has very few demon memories left, but who knows what her human Tina 1.0 soul might have hidden away that could have floated to the surface?

EDIT: the other possibility is that Connie, who is in some respects an avatar of Shelly at the age of 14, is expressing the rage that Shelly-at-14 would have felt at having been deliberately abandoned by her mother, whose "death" was a cruel sham. She's expressing that which Shelly, the 80,000-year-old Sage of the Forest, will not.
Fairportfan wrote:Wow. Connie's showing a physical side we haven't seen before.
True! She's clearly been corporeal (playing with toys, having her hair braided) but she hasn't interacted as... well, "emphatically" with anyone so far as we've seen.
Last edited by Dave on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Round two!!!! DING DING DING!!!

Way to re-arrange Bia's dental work Conscience!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Okay, fess up ladies, this is par for course at Girl Scouts camp, right?
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

♪ Give a little whistle ♫
♪ ♪♫
♫And always let your conscience be your guide ♫
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Connie has a mean right hook! Looks like Connie is going to rattle Bia's teeth with a left uppercut next.
Vive la weird!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

At least she's picking on someone her own size. And possibly her own strength, too! Given that Bia has been downsized for the duration, I don't doubt her powers have been likewise reduced, so Connie will be leaving a bruise or two!

I have the image in mind for tomorrow where Shellinix simply grabs Bia around the ribcage with one enormous hand, lifts her off the ground and says, "Connie, stop it. Hi Mom -- now, explain yourself!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Why is Connie throwing down on Bia? I mean aside from the fact that Connie is/was a part of Shelly and Bia basically took a dump on Shelly as she was growing up, what has Bia done to Connie since Connie was created after Bia's "death" of a heart attack?
Tina 1.0's soul is part of Connie (or so I believe is the most likely possibility).

EDIT: the other possibility is that Connie, who is in some respects an avatar of Shelly at the age of 14, is expressing the rage that Shelly-at-14 would have felt at having been deliberately abandoned by her mother, whose "death" was a cruel sham. She's expressing that which Shelly, the 80,000-year-old Sage of the Forest, will not.
Any being of Titanic make, with a name like Conscience, is going to take a shot at Bia at the first appropriate opportunity.

But I think this indicates that Bia was wrong about Shelly's human "side" being eradicated. How could Tina's soul glue Connie to Shelly's body? Tina 1.0's soul may be a part of Connie, but if so it's sharing a new existence mashed with Shelly's.

I have my bets placed on the Wapsi Soul'n'Demon Roulette Table, but that's all I'm gonna reveal of them publicly for now.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

With Bia actually being a child again and from this her age is when she witnessed the Chimera turn the fertile crescent into obsidian glass. I am thinking that this "punishment" is not just to get her to see what her sociopathic behavior is doing but also to help repair the deep damage that the event caused. If you look at the last frame Bia's face looks exactly the same as Monica's she she saw Phix eating Madiea and we all saw how that hit Monica (and she was an adult at the time so she had better coping skills).

The title of that strip "Reverse Shadow" also twists when you know that Charon is Tsillah's (the living embodiment of a shadow and whose perceived humanoid form is a reversed shadow) father.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Well, looks like when I mentioned throwing punches yesterday, I forgot about someone. :lol:

At least I was right about none of the adult characters beating the crap out of her.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Dave wrote:

We've never known who "set up" the "accident" that killed Tina, or who persuaded the various demons (Tina's and Shelly's) to break the rules... leading to all of them losing their memories, and to Connie's creation. Neither Connie nor Tina 2.x remembers.

If Connie has concluded that Bia was responsible, she might resent having been "set up"... the human soul which is part of her, would have died (or "died") because of Bia's manipulations. Connie has very few demon memories left, but who knows what her human Tina 1.0 soul might have hidden away that could have floated to the surface?

Conscious (Connie) embodies all of the emotional baggage Shelly obtained from the death and separation from her mother and fermented with all the other demonic and supernatural elements in her "boiler room" until a caring heart finally let her know it was alright to "come out and play" only to first have its whole creation reforged and tempered by a few millenia in the time forest and then have this new understanding of it's reason for existence overturned by the revelation that mom wasn't quite who they thought she was and that things were once again being plotted behind their backs.

At some level, Connie should share Shelly's spontaneous emotional response to things.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Bud: "That's the little girl from my nightmare of destroying the Lathian Civilization"

followed by a very stern looking face!

You'd think Bud would be less angry(?) at a survivor of 'her' attack.

:?:

I was thinking that young Bia was an innocent bystander at that event.

Now I'm wondering, could Bia have been involved, triggering the Golem Girls attack somehow?

Maybe by accident? Or unintended consequence of something she did?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Whoa, I thought Acacia would crush Bia into a diamond but she showed restraint. I didn't think Conscience (aka Creepy Girl :D ) would make First Contact. Thats a twist.
It's not restraint, Bud wants Bia to know that it's coming and taste the terror. And I doubt Bud would kill Bia anyway, or at least not quickly. The dead don't feel pain.

Connie attack may actually be doing Bia a favor by shocking their mental processes long enough for them to settle down a little. The Bia beatings probably just ended.

Now Bia only problem is that she is standing before a jury of her enemies. (Acacia, Conney, Nudge, Shelly, and Phix. Brandy, Jin, Monica, and Tina are probably neutral at best. Everyone else is just wishing they could be somewhere else, but aren't able to poit.)
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Atomic wrote:I have the image in mind for tomorrow where Shellinix simply grabs Bia around the ribcage with one enormous hand, lifts her off the ground and says, "Connie, stop it. Hi Mom -- now, explain yourself!"
It would be more like "Connie, stop it. Bia, explain yourself. NOW!" Probably in sphinx form at a range of about 6", so her head will be nearly as large as Bia.

I doubt Shelly will address Bia directly as Mom until Shelly can forgive Bia for abandoning her. That's going to take some (understatement of the week) work, and a lot of explaining, on Bia's part.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I are cornfuzzled, a little. I can mostly understand why Connie is mad at Bia, because Bia hurt Shelly. But why is Bud so angry? Yes, she saw Bia apparently being killed when the chimera destroyed Lanthis, but why would Bud blame Bia for that? Guilt? I fail to comprehend.
Also, while she might be a child now, Bia is still the embodiment of Force, and is still a Titan. I seriously doubt that any of them could kill her, though they might hurt her quite a bit, and if she does get angry enough, I imagine that she could still do some damage to any or all of them. After all, Phix and Nudge are not in the Library now, so they are vulnerable, and Bia has reason to be pissed at both of them.
I honestly think that she wants to make peace. She is not an evil being, just one with tunnel vision and set on achieving what she feels needs to be done, at any cost necessary.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced