Sproing - 2014-02-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
nerf-dweller

Sproing - 2014-02-27

Post by nerf-dweller »

I think Shelly has done broke Bud with all of the enlightenment about her family tree. :o

Bud is still under warranty, right? Hmm, I wonder how much May charges for tech support? Probably a three margarita minimum? :lol:
JSStryker

Re: Sproing - 2014-02-27

Post by JSStryker »

Poor Bud! Here we thought Bud was unbreakable! Next we will hear Bud say "Why doesn't anyone ever tell me these things?"
Vive la weird!
BikerScum

Post by BikerScum »

Is it my imagination, or is panel 3 Shelly just extra glam?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Bud is showing the golem version of the BSOD.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh, man! :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Bud. I didn't think it was even possible to brain-fry a golem so completely and quickly.

I think we may need a new topic-thread in the Fan Art section... Aural Art. Who can come up with the best classic (or newly-minted) sound effects, to represent what Bud is going through in the last panel? Cuckoo-clocks for sure, and there has to be all sorts of whirring and whizzing and boinging as well. Extra credit for getting blinking lights and whirling, glowing mist into it.

Bud's definitely going to have a "morning after" worthy of the record books.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Where's Tepoz? That girl needs a tankard of something strong to reboot herself!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

kingklash wrote:Where's Tepoz? That girl needs a tankard of something strong to reboot herself!
Yeah, how can you have a drunken beach party without the god of alcohol? (Whatever Nudge brought doesn't count. Bud already drank it.)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Well whadya know. Acacia did have a stroke. And yeah Shelly does look Extra-Glam today. Of course All our girls can make themselves Extra-Glam if they want to. That would make for a great pix. Acacia and all the girls with hair done up, with gowns and the whole bit, walking the red carpet looking SMOKIN' HOT! for Oscar night. ;) :D
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Guess they don't make golems like they used to. Image
TheDOCTOR wrote:Oscar night
What does Kath's fish have to do with anything?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Good going, Shelly; you broke the golem. Do you even know where the reset button is on one of those?

(Okay, some people would enjoy looking for Bud's reset button, but this isn't that kind of comic.)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TILT!!! Bwahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! Poor Bud... and Shelly... looks... blase' about the whole thing
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Seems odd Bud would be this far out of the loop, being a senior member of the MIB and all. She was right in the thick of things in the Nu Gui caper recently. It seems like this would have come up at some point in her hanging around the Library. But then, if there's one thing a sphinx is good at it's keeping a secret and not volunteering information. If Bud says something to Phix about not telling her, I'm sure Phix will just say "you never asked."
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I mean, you would think she would read the comic like the rest of us. But, no, that would be too much work.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Bud doesn't like the Bibliothiki,(bureaucratic hellhole) , and she doesn't care much for Phix. (She was a murderer who became famous for all the wrong reasons)

While Monica, Shelly and Brandi were all frequent visitors to the library and confided in and sought advice from Phix, Acacia avoided them both.

Shelly didn't likely go spreading he ancestry around, or even talk about it much. Monica knows because she and Eyrale blundered into the middle of it and found out.

But since Bud and Phix aren't speaking much, and Shelly isn't to keen on letting the supernatural world know how much of a manipulative sociopath her mother is, Bud was effectively kept out of the loop.
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

I just find something so aesthetically appealing about her in the middle right panel. The expression she has on her face along with the body position and what she's wearing while she gets our golem upto date.

All matter of fact.
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Well now. Bud péfectly embodies my state of mind éverytime Wapsisquare lets loose an other revelation :lol:
KnightDelight wrote:Seems odd Bud would be this far out of the loop, being a senior member of the MIB and all. She was right in the thick of things in the Nu Gui caper recently. It seems like this would have come up at some point in her hanging around the Library. But then, if there's one thing a sphinx is good at it's keeping a secret and not volunteering information. If Bud says something to Phix about not telling her, I'm sure Phix will just say "you never asked."
Bud's not big on books, so would probably not be hanging around in the library if she didn't have to. And she once described Phix as "A murderous Bitch". Which imho means that she didn't ask Phix a whole lot.

So I guess there's a decided chance that Bud is "out of the loop" on some things.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

The program AcaciaBudur.glm has experienced a fatal error and must shut down.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Tada - inaccess panel!
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I guess Bud was not paying attention when Phix appeared and said "My Grand Daughter will be here in a few minutes" and Shelly soon followed in.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Wyvern wrote:Good going, Shelly; you broke the golem. Do you even know where the reset button is on one of those?

(Okay, some people would enjoy looking for Bud's reset button, but this isn't that kind of comic.)
:?:

*remebers Jin getting "reset"*

under the ribs, about the center of the chest but you have to reach a fair way - from (and through) the stomach up.

Although I suspect a full reset won't be needed.

Maybe all Bud needs is just some kinetic adjustment to loosen whatever is stuck?

Somebody hand Monica a clue-by-four and stand back :)

-----

:shock: I'm somewhat surprised TV Tropes does NOT have a clue-by-four section.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones