Have A Drink 2014-02-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Have A Drink 2014-02-10

Post by Grantwhy »

DilyV wrote:Oh.

My.

God...

Was that Safety Dance?
*the following is a damming statement on Grantwhy's musical knowledge*

The Safety Dance? Oh yes, I remember, I saw a clip of that on a musical quiz show once :)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Obviously, no-one is really paying attention to Tina. Many in this crowd seem to do that at times. They all seem to think, "Hey! I'm virtually invulnerable, so everyone must be!" Tina needs someone to listen to her, not just waive off her problems as if they were nothing. Maybe they are, but to her RIGHT NOW, they are something. She's going to feel like all of her friends do not really care about her.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

Ahh Bud... that is the bud I've missed :D

I'm waiting for the Monica, Bud, Nudge, Phix, Tina drunken conga line now. Dancing around singing, Tina behind Phix where she goes further into detail about the mysterious visions. Then the Bia name is dropped and the carefree party mode grinds to a halt. Aw well, Keg Stands while it's still fun!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:

My.

God...

Was that Safety Dance?
It tried to be. I'm not sure it succeeded.
I'm sure.

I'm sure it didn't.
Makes sense. It really could not succeed, all things considered.

Golem. Alcohol. Reduced inhibitions. Built-in weapons systems capable of vaporizing anything from rocks and ceramic coffee cups up through entire planets.

Yup. Definitely the UnSafety Dance.

If she looks as if she's about to start slam-dancing... don't bother to run. Where the hell could you go, that's far enough away to be safe?
Last edited by Dave on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Soon we'll be seeing Monica dashing by singing a version of "I Love Rocky Road"! :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And all that it will take to ruin this festive atmosphere will be the use of one word: "Bia."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

davids4250 wrote:Obviously, no-one is really paying attention to Tina. Many in this crowd seem to do that at times. They all seem to think, "Hey! I'm virtually invulnerable, so everyone must be!" Tina needs someone to listen to her, not just waive off her problems as if they were nothing. Maybe they are, but to her RIGHT NOW, they are something. She's going to feel like all of her friends do not really care about her.
Hopefully the only one who listens to her doesn't turn out to be Bia...
jwhouk wrote:And all that it will take to ruin this festive atmosphere will be the use of one word: "Bia."
The sooner that's said, the better. Monica's the one who should be saying it, since she knows how much Bia has messed things up before. But she seems to be being silent for some reason. :?:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Bud_Fanboi wrote:I'm waiting for the Monica, Bud, Nudge, Phix, Tina drunken conga line now. Dancing around singing, Tina behind Phix where she goes further into detail about the mysterious visions. Then the Bia name is dropped and the carefree party mode grinds to a halt.
Complete with record scratch sound effect...
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Ah, the Safety Dance. MTV really had to reach for content in the early days, and that song was one of the beneficiaries...one could probably see that video 3 or 4 times a day at one point...

But who is the other of Tina's kind to evolve? I thought Tina, in the collective sense, was a singular being, never seen before? Or is Phix speaking of one of the five winged beings prophecied to...WHAT? We still don't know!

Off to confusion corner, I brought Swedish bread this morning...
Dave

Post by Dave »

txmystic wrote:But who is the other of Tina's kind to evolve? I thought Tina, in the collective sense, was a singular being, never seen before?
I believe Phix is referring to Conscience (Connie, "creepy little girl", Shelly's "sister" and Companion and protector). She, too, is a singular being... a "coven" of demons, forged into a single entity via fusion with a human soul (likely that of Tina 1.0).

Tina 2.x seems to be gaining or evolving towards a joint identity through her own efforts ("gradualist" evolution) while Connie was created or transformed that way in an instant ("catastrophist" evolution).
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

My.

God...

Was that Safety Dance?
It's not as safe as it sounds!

You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

From what I have seen, Tina and Bia have never met (outside of the dream), so how would Tina know that it was Bia who was in her dream? There is no way for anyone to know that it was Bia who Tina was seeing, so no-one will mention "Bia" to make things more serious. As far as anyone else knows or cares, this is just a party.
Perhaps Bia is planning on this lack of knowledge to use Tina? Bia is not evil, but she is manipulative and has her own agenda.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Since Connie only looks like Shelly when she was young, I wonder if she has the capacity to keep up with the rest of the Party Mythics?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

eee wrote:
jwhouk wrote:And all that it will take to ruin this festive atmosphere will be the use of one word: "Bia."
The sooner that's said, the better. Monica's the one who should be saying it, since she knows how much Bia has messed things up before. But she seems to be being silent for some reason. :?:
How would Monica know that Bia's involved? Tina hasn't mentioned speaking with anyone in her "visions," and even if she did she doesn't know who Bia is or that Monica knows her.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

davids4250 wrote:From what I have seen, Tina and Bia have never met (outside of the dream), so how would Tina know that it was Bia who was in her dream? There is no way for anyone to know that it was Bia who Tina was seeing, so no-one will mention "Bia" to make things more serious. As far as anyone else knows or cares, this is just a party.
Perhaps Bia is planning on this lack of knowledge to use Tina? Bia is not evil, but she is manipulative and has her own agenda.
Tina described Bia's appearance to Monica here. Monica made the connection.

My guess is Monica, Shelly, Brandi, and possibly Jin are not planning on getting drunk, but they are discussing the matter over drinks, and Bud, Nudge, and likely some others are having a good time to try to help Tina calm down: A Panic demon at the helm of S.S. Tina II would be a very bad thing.
Phix seems to be multitasking between these two main groups. It would be strange for an anti-Bia plan of action to be developed without Phix's input.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:
eee wrote:
How would Monica know that Bia's involved? Tina hasn't mentioned speaking with anyone in her "visions," and even if she did she doesn't know who Bia is or that Monica knows her.
Ummm... I think you missed something about a week ago.

Tina did tell Monica that she saw, and spoke to someone in her vision. She described that person as "tall, kinda looked like Shelly, Minoan style of..." and Monica instantly identified this as Bia.

As far as we know, Monica hasn't told anyone else of her conclusions / suspicions. I sorta suspect that this is because she knows that both Phix and Shelly are likely to react, well, rather strongly to that news.
illiad

Post by illiad »

heeeyyy, whadaya know... tina gets a drink, starts hallucinating... and *certain people* get shocked to see bia???
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:Ummm... I think you missed something about a week ago.
Aaargh, I'd forgotten about that completely. :x Thanks Dave, and apologies to eee. This is what I get for not double-checking the facts before making an easily-verified/debunked statement.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:As far as we know, Monica hasn't told anyone else of her conclusions / suspicions. I sorta suspect that this is because she knows that both Phix and Shelly are likely to react, well, rather strongly to that news.
and I'm sure that M is VERY glad they ate BEFORE coming here!...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
dadman

Post by dadman »

MerchManDan wrote:Aaargh, I'd forgotten about that completely. :x Thanks Dave, and apologies to eee. This is what I get for not double-checking the facts before making an easily-verified/debunked statement.
Don't be too hard on yourself. There are many people who have made a LOT of money doing just that sort of thing (for the right audience) week after week after week. And they're still doing it and succeeding, unfortunately. :roll:

Uninhibited Bud is uninhibited. :D
Yo soy un papa.